IGNORED

What are you Reading Right Now?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Shattered Sword: The Untold Story Of The Battle Of Midway.- Parshall & Tully. Actually the 4th time I have read this book.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Set A Watchman

Controversial yes, but there's a new Harper Lee novel, so I must read it.

To Kill a Mockingbird is by far my favorite book and Atticus Finch my hero. After hearing about the book and how it was written first, I have decided not the read it. I do not want to change my vision of Atticus. Perhaps the editors who first read this version and suggested Lee use the flashbacks instead to write To Kill a Mockingbird were wise beyond their years.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I liked to kill a mockingbird but i didnt like it as much as everyone else apparently

That may be because of the time you read it. I grew up in the 1960s when there was lots of racial tensions and lynchings were still going on. It made a huge impression on me. It made me abhor racism in any form.

Plus, Gregory Peck played Atticus in the movie.  He was phenomenal.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I just finished "Every Shot Counts" by Mark Broadie. It seemed like half the book was about putting. The gist of the book was that to be a good golfer you need to be really good at approach shots and pretty good at everything else.

"Among the top 40 PGA Tour pros, approach shots accounted for 40% of their scoring advantage, driving accounted for 28%, the short game for 17%, and putting for 15%."

• Administrator
I just finished "Every Shot Counts" by Mark Broadie. It seemed like half the book was about putting.

Yuuuuuuuupppppp.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"A Deadly Wandering" by Matt Richtel.

It is the tragic story about two men killed in a car accident because another driver was texting. It not only tells the story, it also explains the science behind distracted driving.  The science explains how distraction is the antagonist of attention, not its opposite. We are distracted because we choose to be, not the result of any disorder.

Really well written and a quick read that should be required reading for anybody with a smart phone.

Bill M

Recently finished A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson - highly recommended if you're at all interested in science and history (and scientific history!).

Currently reading Chesapeake by James Michener.  I'm about halfway through and loving it.  If you enjoy historical fiction this is a good one.  I'm particularly fond of it, having grown up on the Chesapeake Bay.

Reading "How To Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, as well as "Catch-22" by Joseph Heller.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Reading "How To Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, as well as "Catch-22" by Joseph Heller.

That's quite a good one.

Riley

Just finished the short story The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving.  We all know the story. What I found also is he was an excellent writer. It was fun to read. Some older classics can be difficult to read do to lack of editing, punctuation and verbiage that doesn't translate well into modern English. This one had a few terms that I had to look up to make sure I knew what he was saying. But otherwise, is was great.

Rip Van Winkle is next.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...
Just finished John Irving's "The Fourth Hand" - Eagle, great novel. Now reading "Clan of the Cave Bear" - ok, not great but ok.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The Gunslinger by Steven King. It is terrible. I keep reading it to see if it gets better.

My all time favorite series. It doesn't really get going until the second book. Wizard and glass is the best one IMO.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 1365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!