IGNORED

Shifting the path left

Note: This thread is 3768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been hitting some pretty big draws and some pretty big pushes over the last couple of weeks. Video shows that I'm swinging way out to the right.

How would I shift the path more left? Is there a drill for that?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can be tough to say why it's happening without seeing a video.

First thing I would look at, is the head staying steady?  If it's moving back, your shoulders would be turning too flat and for some players that can rotate the path too far to the right.  Just depends how they compensate.

If you think the backswing is in good shape then keep reading.

Check out this video, make sure as you transfer the weight forward you are also opening up the hips.  If you're too closed with the hips and shoulder that could create some issues with the path being too far to the right.  Also make sure the left shoulder doesn't raise too fast.  Almost stays at the same level from A4-5, pic below.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I have a video in the 'my swing' section It's really frustrating dealing with this because it derails my rounds. I'll be cruising along at one or two over, and then I block one into the trees.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Hi..first post here on this site! Your problem is exactly the same issue I fight as well. I usually play a pretty big push draw but sometimes i'll block a few, sometimes shut down the face too much and hook the ball too much. Last time I saw my swing path numbers I was something like 8 or 9* to the right. I was told my right shoulder worked down to much and got my elbow a bit trapped on my hip so the fix, for me at least, was trying to feel a more rotational move and getting the shoulder more out and down. I was told I had too much tilt and needed to both my shoulders and hips working more around. I also set up a bit more open at address to help with this. I have a pretty active lower body leg drive when I start my downswing and it definitely helped me to feel like my hips were rotating more and sliding less and my shoulders were turning more level and not so steep. GL and hopefully this helps!

Hi..first post here on this site! Your problem is exactly the same issue I fight as well. I usually play a pretty big push draw but sometimes i'll block a few, sometimes shut down the face too much and hook the ball too much. Last time I saw my swing path numbers I was something like 8 or 9* to the right. I was told my right shoulder worked down to much and got my elbow a bit trapped on my hip so the fix, for me at least, was trying to feel a more rotational move and getting the shoulder more out and down. I was told I had too much tilt and needed to both my shoulders and hips working more around. I also set up a bit more open at address to help with this. I have a pretty active lower body leg drive when I start my downswing and it definitely helped me to feel like my hips were rotating more and sliding less and my shoulders were turning more level and not so steep. GL and hopefully this helps!

Hi Radar Ninja!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Not Radar Ninja...I'm assuming your talking about my instructor. He's right here with me and told me to log onto the site..wow, was he right. He's laughing out loud at you guys by the way. I didn't believe what he was saying but now I get it..all I can say is wow.

Nobodys gonna convince you-But your "instructor" is the one with issues. Ya Gotta ask yourself-Why is he so obsessed with what we think that he told you to log on to the site?-That gives us a laugh. Me at least.[quote name="bogeyfree70" url="/t/71321/shifting-the-path-left#post_925844"]Not Radar Ninja...I'm assuming your talking about my instructor. He's right here with me and told me to log onto the site..wow, was he right. He's laughing out loud at you guys by the way. I didn't believe what he was saying but now I get it..all I can say is wow. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

He definitely has issues..haha. He told me there's actually some really good info on some of the online forums. He just told me he was banned from yours for arguing points but that I should try to log in and see what happens. Oh yea..he also said that you guys would probably have some sort of computer monitoring tracking and I thought he was full of it. Don't worry about me...I ( we) will be out of your hair in no time.

• Administrator

Let's stick to the topic, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!