IGNORED

Philadelphia Area Golf Instructors?

Note: This thread is 3797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've decided to take lessons early next spring before the season begins and have started to pull together a "short list" of instructors in my area. I live just north of Philadelphia and was wondering if there are any local forum members willing to offer their recomendations for instructors in the area.

• Administrator

I believe both @nevets88 and @JetFan1983 can give you some feedback, but I recommend taking a look at this page:

http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php

John Dunigan would be a great choice. Works with kids, PGA Tour players, and everyone in between.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd recommend Mario Bevilacqua, but he's out in Vegas now although he comes back now and then. If I were in Philly, I'd try iacas's (I can't find the @ thing) suggest ions.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm not sure how much help I could be... I would've recommended Mario Bevelaqua but sadly he moved to Vegas. Agreed on John Dunigan... I've never worked with him, but I like what he's about. Also agreed on checking out the list of 5SK instructors. Honestly, I'd go that route first and pick the guy closest to you.

The best instructors I know unfortunately are in Erie, Southern California, and Florida though, so again, I don't think I'd be much help here. I'm actually a bit embarrassed I don't have any good suggestions for the local area other than what Erik said...

If you're planning it for next spring, you have a lot of time to get something together. I think your best bet would be to book a weekend stay in Erie and then seeing Erik and Dave for a clinic. I really can't think of a better way to kick your season off. Then I would supplement with Evolvr throughout the next months.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!