IGNORED

My Swing (wavegolf)

wavegolf
Note: This thread is 3766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 12 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 0.1

My typical ball flight is: Push Draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Overdraw

Videos:

DTL:

FO:

Wouldn't mind seeing the right knee lose some flex so the hips can turn a little steeper.  Also think the right knee staying at the same flex for so long forces the left knee to straighten too soon in the downswing.

Compare your left knee to Zach Johnson's, notice how he has more flex.  Yours locks and it tips your head back, causing the path to be too far to the right.  The lack of transfer with the lower body might also cause you to "pull" on the handle of the club, hands might be too far forward at impact, which can also cause over draws, tough to tell from the video though but it looks like it could be the case.

So I would suggest feeling the right hip "stretch" up and around more on the backswing and feel like the left foot has more pressure or weight being transferred longer into the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also...now take this with a grain of salt since I have yet to post my swing (I will today)....but it seems your right elbew is too far away from your body on your back swing which will cause an outside in swing and thus a slice. On mis-hits do you push or fade the ball out to the right mostly? That's due 4o a combination of swing path and swing plane....you're "sweeping" through the ball instead of hitting it flush. Anyways, that's my 2 cents anyways but other than thwt it looks like you keep your head down and have a great follow throuth. Work on take away or backswing mechanics.

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

OP, you have a really nice swing!  As far as advice is concerned, I am not qualified to give any but @mvmac certainly is, so pay attention to this:

Wouldn't mind seeing the right knee lose some flex so the hips can turn a little steeper.  Also think the right knee staying at the same flex for so long forces the left knee to straighten too soon in the downswing.

Compare your left knee to Zach Johnson's, notice how he has more flex.  Yours locks and it tips your head back, causing the path to be too far to the right.  The lack of transfer with the lower body might also cause you to "pull" on the handle of the club, hands might be too far forward at impact, which can also cause over draws, tough to tell from the video though but it looks like it could be the case.

So I would suggest feeling the right hip "stretch" up and around more on the backswing and feel like the left foot has more pressure or weight being transferred longer into the downswing.

... and for your own good, please ignore this:

Also...now take this with a grain of salt since I have yet to post my swing (I will today)....but it seems your right elbew is too far away from your body on your back swing which will cause an outside in swing and thus a slice. On mis-hits do you push or fade the ball out to the right mostly? That's due 4o a combination of swing path and swing plane....you're "sweeping" through the ball instead of hitting it flush. Anyways, that's my 2 cents anyways but other than thwt it looks like you keep your head down and have a great follow throuth. Work on take away or backswing mechanics.

Good luck!! :beer:

And ignore that entire post^^^^ By his own admission he isn't qualified to give advice but he seems to think he knows me. I do not know this gentleman. ?..so I would do as he says and ignore him. As far as your right elbow is concerned, don't listen to me but please research it....you will find that I am correct and that the dude above me is just kissing ass....lmao

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

And ignore that entire post^^^^ By his own admission he isn't qualified to give advice but he seems to think he knows me. I do not know this gentleman. ?..so I would do as he says and ignore him. As far as your right elbow is concerned, don't listen to me but please research it....you will find that I am correct and that the dude above me is just kissing ass....lmao

You admittedly aren't qualified either and if you were a member here for more than a month you'd know that Golfingdad is well respected here and doesn't need to kiss anyone's ass.

Joe Paradiso

oh, my...

Your right elbow is not causing issues ... it is tight and then separates, it is not getting behind your back ... take a look at your downswing .... the right elbow is not stuck behind you ... Now you might aim it a little bit more at the ground at the top, and you might aim the butt of the grip a little more at the ball on the downswing ... but I'd focus on what mvmac noted because those are your issues ... less flex in the right leg going back ... and more flex in the left leg at impact.

Good luck.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

People post their swings and hit a ball into a tarp. We'd get a better indication if we could actually see the ball flight and end results.

• Administrator
People post their swings and hit a ball into a tarp. We'd get a better indication if we could actually see the ball flight and end results.

You don't need to see the ball flight to know what the ball is likely to do. And if people can tell you what their ball flight usually does, then… there you go. Most videos shot outside don't let you see the ball flight either. The ball gets too small too quickly.

But… let's get back to the topic, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

His elbow is fine.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Also...now take this with a grain of salt since I have yet to post my swing (I will today)....but it seems your right elbew is too far away from your body on your back swing which will cause an outside in swing and thus a slice.

Right elbow is good, especially the way it works from A4-5.  The upper part of the arm is pinned to his body but there is space, 4-6 inches, between the elbow and the rib cage, that's ideal imo

Looks similar to a guy that's got an efficient swing and hits draws

Quick side note, both these guys hit draws and look where their right elbows are

On mis-hits do you push or fade the ball out to the right mostly?

As he said in the first post, his typical miss is an overdraw

Mike McLoughlin

mvmac - I know Carl Petterson is bottom left - who is guy in pink shirt and guy in white shirt (O'Hair?).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

Quick side note, both these guys hit draws and look where their right elbows are

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

People who are unqualified to give swing advice, shouldn't.  They run the risk of doing more harm than good.  In some cases, significant harm.....

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Wait, guy in white shirt isn't O'Hair, McIlroy?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Wait, guy in white shirt isn't O'Hair, McIlroy?

Yes that's Rory in the white, CH3 in the pink.  The Rory swing and the Pettersson swing can be found on The Sand Trap Youtube page

Mike McLoughlin

Hey @wavegolf what do you think?  I see you've still only got one post :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!