IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I live in Upstate New York and while one of my favorite courses is closing, others are remaining open. November 2nd through the 5th looks like it's going to be decent golfing weather in my region with the weather predicted to be sunny and in the mid to upper 60's. Might even get to 70 degrees. Perfect golfing weather in my opinion. I'm not putting my clubs away just yet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My course closed the pro shop a week ago, but you could still play for free if you were happy to walk, but this bad weather has put an end to even that, I think.

My course closed the pro shop a week ago, but you could still play for free if you were happy to walk, but this bad weather has put an end to even that, I think.

Too bad you didn't get the warm weather we had down here in NH...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

courses are starting to close around here :poo:

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Just made a tee time for my old guy buddies and myself for Tuesday on a links type course (no trees, no leaves). Weather forecast lower 60's, wind 5-8 mph.

Great fall golf in Colorado! :dance:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Just made a tee time for my old guy buddies and myself for Tuesday on a links type course (no trees, no leaves). Weather forecast lower 60's, wind 5-8 mph.

Great fall golf in Colorado! :dance:

I played a course that was 97% pine trees. Virtually no leaves.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I played a course that was 97% pine trees. Virtually no leaves.

My home course is a park style, and the leaves are falling big time. Lost more balls last round due to this than I had all the previous season combined.

Give her a few more weeks and the leaves will be done, winter golf will then begin. We can usually get a round or two in every month of the year. :-P

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Wow we are having a form of Indian Winter here in PA/MD...in the Fall..... Went out today and played 9 with a good friend... Course was in beautiful shape, and we had the course to ourselves up till we got on #7... When we saw another guy driving up #3.... I walked with my pull cart and temps were 68... Wore short sleeve shirt the entire round... Didn't keep score but I know I had 2 Par's and 7 bogeys.....this entire week is suppose to be in the high 60's

I gotta say this time change sucks. By the time I get off work it's nearly dark (live near Portland, OR) and I have my kids by myself on weekends. I did get out today for 9 holes and damn it was so great. Not sure how to make it through this dark season...

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

Ran the air conditioning this morning. No winter dread today.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Can we change the word "Depression" to something else?

It's depressing, and if you've ever suffered from depression, you know what I mean... far too negative.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

10 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Can we change the word "Depression" to something else?

It's depressing, and if you've ever suffered from depression, you know what I mean... far too negative.

We like to refer to it here as "The White Death". 

Then again, that's also a bit negative.

Edited by mcanadiens

The courses are still open around me just finding the time during the 8-5 hours they have is the hard part.

:callaway: Mens Strata Plus set

Protected by Ruger firearms.

If you hear my shot, I wasnt aiming at you

First snow of the season happened here. Still scheduled to play 18 tomorrow morning!

Yeah, I might be a little crazy.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Here in northern CA, I am getting ready for El Nino season - windy, muddy, tall grasses and bushes.  I expect higher scores b/c of the winter.   Bought a cart cover so that we can get less wet while playing in the rain.  

I'm golfing in the rain
Just golfing in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for gooooooolf
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I'll walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just golfing in the rain.
Golfing in the rain.

• Upvote 2

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Florida, Nevada, and Arizona are calling gentlemen.  Plan a vacation, snowbird it, hell, plan your retirement if you can and move.  Do whatever you gotta do, Ill be golfing.  It will be a bit chilly in January and February here but we won't have any snow.   

I do dislike the limited amount of daylight, that is depressing to me, but getting back into the gym helps.  Pool was closed for renovations on Tuesday but should be good to go today, gonna do some HIIT in there, swim some fast laps and get the endorphins rushing a bit.

1 hour ago, rkim291968 said:

Here in northern CA, I am getting ready for El Nino season - windy, muddy, tall grasses and bushes.  I expect higher scores b/c of the winter.   Bought a cart cover so that we can get less wet while playing in the rain.  

I'm golfing in the rain
Just golfing in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for gooooooolf
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I'll walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just golfing in the rain.
Golfing in the rain.

The forecast for this El Nino is heavy rains in Southern Calif. and an 80% chance of average rains in Northern Calif.  (Still average rains in Northern CA is better than the drought we have been having.  But, heavy rain in Southern CA just mostly runs off into the ocean.)

Maybe just great golfing with lush grass for you.

Edited by No Mulligans