IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

11 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Typical Michigan winter day....

We received about 3" of heavy snow last night.   Today the temperature rose to the low 40s with rain!   It is suppose to be colder tonight to create the usual slip and slide.   The next two days are forecast to be in the 40s with night time lows below freezing.   

This wouldn't be too bad if we had some sunshine!!!

We got this last night.

1 hour ago, Vinny Cap said:

It's gonna be 50 on Thurs.  Can I find a place open and call in sick?  Would love to even just play 9 right now and I never like to play just 9.

I keep looking at my wedges I got for Xmas and need to go try them out.  Looks like below freezing on the weekend so Tiger Woods 2013 on the Xbox it is..... sad, so sad.....

I haven't been able to watch golf or touched my clubs since I played in December. Winter is killing my drive to play... I think I have 2013 TW on PS3 and no interest in that either... :~(

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I haven't been able to watch golf or touched my clubs since I played in December. Winter is killing my drive to play... I think I have 2013 TW on PS3 and no interest in that either... :~(

Total blasphemy!!!!  You will be stripped of all golf gear and entered into a sewing clinic for full rehab!!!  LOL!!! :-D

I am currently loosing it as well if ya can't tell!!!  :whistle:

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Currently 44 and going up to 50, tomorrow's high is 58. Assuming all the snow melts from my patio I might be able to get out and take a few swings to loosen up and see how my neck is holding up.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I will probably change out my worn soft spikes on my two pair of golf shoes.  I haven't transferred the equipment/clubs to my new bag yet.  If there is an opportunity to play in January-March and it is sloppy, I don't want to introduce the new bag to the courses under those conditions.  Aiming for about 4/1 as the change over date.

Next will be swapping out some worn grips.

When I get really desperate, I likely will sort through the current ball collection, assigning the nicked up and off brands to the shag ball collection.

After the rain last night and the predicted higher temperatures today/tomorrow, our snow cover will be pretty much gone.  I like our chances of possibly having a few Jan/Feb golf days.

Brian Kuehn

23 hours ago, MRR said:

It's obviously low enough that you can walk in it.  Paint your balls black (or put on your warmer kilt) and get to the course.

This is the time when my father used to don the cross-country skis and hit a tennis ball.

Painting your balls black and wearing kilts sounds like a little too much of a good time to me. Must be a northern thing. 

:-P

Woke up to -29 Celsius (-38 C with the Wind Chill) weather, Oh Canada. At least it didn't snow much so I didn't have to clear the driveway in the extreme cold this morning. April can't come soon enough.  Side note... My chipping off of my basement tight lie carpet is getting a lot better (5 Ball challenge, closest to the space heater :-D)... nothing wrong with 6 months of short-game practice!

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Currently 44 and going up to 50, tomorrow's high is 58. Assuming all the snow melts from my patio I might be able to get out and take a few swings to loosen up and see how my neck is holding up.

Do a long warm up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Bright sun! And above freezing temps for only 4 hours a day...So the greens probably won't thaw until we can get a few days in a row over 40:angry:.  I want to keep playing and it's so close to be able to just makes it frustrating.  By the way, 3 hours down I5 in portland they have tons of snow.  If it's gonna be cold, snow! If not just let me play.

I guess I will spend the weekend making some built in bookshelves around the fireplace... and then remind my wife about that all summer long ;-)

Casey in frozen (and snowless) Western Washington

25 minutes ago, Casey 5-Strokes said:

By the way, 3 hours down I5 in portland they have tons of snow. 

Yes we have a lot of snow here. Unusual. I've more or less given up on playing until March. I still have the (covered) mats though. Better than nothing. 

50 plus the last two days here. It was 52° at 2 am. here. I didn't try play anywhere outside yesterday but I did play indoors. Wrists were killing me and I couldn't hit driver for $#!t. Do you have snow @boogielicious

3 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

50 plus the last two days here. It was 52° at 2 am. here. I didn't try play anywhere outside yesterday but I did play indoors. Wrists were killing me and I couldn't hit driver for $#!t. Do you have snow @boogielicious

It all melted.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Supposed to be 56 next Friday in Lansing, MI.  Now it's just a matter of finding a course that will actually be open.  May have to settle for a range session.

Mike

In the bag:
Ping G30 Driver
x hot 3 wood
x hot 3, 4, 5 hybrids
Callaway XR irons
Cleveland RTX 54 and 58 wedges
Edel E-3 Torque balanced putter

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It all melted.

Did you go play on the cape?

I have a tee time for 9 AM tomorrow ... and it snowed last night.  Well I guess I'll just go to the gym and workout instead.

I would've preferred walking while chasing a white ball around, but I guess Mother Nature has different plans than I.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

A dusting of snow here in the UK today - I have been able to get out most weekends but struggling to get playing partners sticking to tee times because it is so darn cold, and those that do only want to play par 3 courses :( So another par 3 it is tomorrow - I have just got my hands on some new thermals and am looking to pick up a new putter from the pro shop tomorrow so that might cheer me up, oh! And I am off to the island of Menorca in July for a round with my son so well pleased at the prospect of that. I really need the weather to sort itself out, I am getting properly depressed, I need shorts, obscenely bright polo shirts and sunshine on the golf course now please. 

In my bag: 
Irons: TaylorMade M2,  Woods: TaylorMade M2 5 Wood , Driver: TaylorMade Aero Burner mini driver  Hybrid: Some crappy Wilson 4H Putter: Some crappy Wilson HDX putter. 

You will notice that my set is heavy on the super game improvement kit, I am still awaiting the super game improvement that was promised.