IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

11 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I did not play, but with no snow in the yard and temps in the 40s, I have been hitting in the backyard into a net. I am focused on drills and really don't want to spend $30/hr at a simulator. If this keeps up, I will get a lot of practice in.

That's what I've been doing as well except without the net. There's a still a lot of snow out there but as it recedes, I'm starting to find more and more golf balls out in the field. Good thing, I was running low.

27 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

i haven't played since December. I might as well be in Ohio. :cry:

This just makes me angry. C'mon man, get out there and play some golf!

:beer:

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We have what they're calling a "Rain Nor'Easter" right now. Weird to hear the term Nor'Easter not associated with a giant snowstorm but it's kind of like a tropical storm only it's winter. Apparently flooding is expected and the damage could actually be worse than if it snowed.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I thought it was a nor'eastah. :-P

i haven't played since December. I might as well be in Ohio. :cry:

I was trying to translate it for non-New England folks. Try this one.

I have a sist'ah who lives in Worches'ah, which is near Leicest'ah. She caught a fevah cause she didn't put on a sweat'ah. God fabid she doesn't get the canc'ah. (old Steve Sweeney bit).

8 hours ago, billchao said:

We have what they're calling a "Rain Nor'Easter" right now. Weird to hear the term Nor'Easter not associated with a giant snowstorm but it's kind of like a tropical storm only it's winter. Apparently flooding is expected and the damage could actually be worse than if it snowed.

It is a giant snow storm, but luckily north of us! That is the cool thing about Nor'Easters. 20 miles can mean the difference between 2" of rain or 2 feet of snow.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I was trying to translate it for non-New England folks. Try this one.

I have a sist'ah who lives in Worches'ah, which is near Leicest'ah. She caught a fevah cause she didn't put on a sweat'ah. God fabid she doesn't get the canc'ah. (old Steve Sweeney bit).

A guy that works for me is a New Englander. He is teaching me the lingo. Like... I was getting ready to leave for work and couldn't find my khakis. 

- Shane

5 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

A guy that works for me is a New Englander. He is teaching me the lingo. Like... I was getting ready to leave for work and couldn't find my khakis. 

In New England, 6 inches of snow is a 'dusting'.

Scott

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

In New England, 6 inches of snow is a 'dusting'.

That is a reason I left (desparately) my former job that would have required frequent travel to places like Amherst and Watertown, NY and to that state north of Ohio. There is a good chance that I would have been relocated to Amherst. Nooooo thank you!

- Shane

Californians kill me! They've been bitching about a drought for 4 or 5 years, and now that the back of the drought is broken, they're bitching about that! Ground water is being renewed, aquifers and reservoirs are being refilled. It's California for crying out loud! Take it while you can get it!

I was in the wine business for quite a while, and we entertained many California winery people here when they were out working the market. I had one gal ask me if we had a "rainy season". I told her, "Yes. It's called the calendar year!"

One year, we went out to California in February in what was a particularly vicious Winter here in NE Ohio. We're walking around in short sleeves enjoying the balmy air, and the natives did nothing but bitch about the wind!

I also heard a joke. How can you tell someone who lives in NoCal? They always have 5 changes of clothes in their car. Everything from short, sandals, and tank top, to snow pants, boots, and a parka!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

There was frost on my windshield this morning. Brrrr.

Stay strong Shane! Stay strong!

"Now is the winter of our discontent" - RIII 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just got back from St. John USVI.   Everyone should have weather like that!   I didn't golf, just became a beach lizard.  82º every day.    That will help with the winter depression!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I was able to get out and play 9 this weekend. Shot a pretty respectable 41, on a course that was only really borderline playable on certain holes.

Highlight of the day - drew a sidehill lie on the first hole. Ground is still a bit frozen in this spot, but not terrible. Or so I thought. I completely ate it during the swing and fell ass-first into a pile of deer poop. I actually hit exactly the shot I wanted somehow, but it was pretty hilarious.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Well, for 4 out of the last 5 days we've been able to see the sun! That's quite an accomplishment around here in early February! It was 60 today but cloudy and it rained all day. The cold is coming back for a few days, but I think this Winter's back is broken! Hopefully it won't be too rainy of a Spring and we can get back on the courses early!

We had snow, rain and freezing rain in the last 24 hours. It will be 60 today. Tomorrow, we get a Nor'Easter and 8 to 14 inches followed by a cold weekend. I'm going to experiment and see if I can set up my net and mats on top of the snow.

Scott

My Swing Thread

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:38 AM, boogielicious said:

I'm going to experiment and see if I can set up my net and mats on top of the snow.

That's being hard core, you must have the heevie' jeevies being in all the snow..... :-(

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Will be practicing inside this weekend, it just snowed, will be 45 today, and then down to 38 and raniing tomorrow! next week is looking up though. sunny and 55 in the forecast as of right now. hopefully that holds up and us noreasterland folks can start getting out ont he course regularly

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9