IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Cold and rainy here.  Got out last night for a few holes (mid-to-low 40s and windy) and the course isn't in terrible shape; a little soggy but not too bad.  The course is expecting to open to the public this weekend.  I'll probably play Sunday afternoon: sunny with a high near 50.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, we've had close to 2" of rain the past 2 days, so it will be a while till I'll be playing again. The courses were soupy before, they'll be a quagmire now! I'd be surprised if many of them are open.

7 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Well, we've had close to 2" of rain the past 2 days, so it will be a while till I'll be playing again. The courses were soupy before, they'll be a quagmire now! I'd be surprised if many of them are open.

Same here.    The temperature will be nice enough to play Sunday but everything is saturated after the heavy rains.   Next week they are predicting 4 of the 5 days will be rainy.   Tuesday may be a go.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Yes, the local weatherman says we are entering a "stormy period".  Well, what else is new? It's Spring, it's getting warmer, there's more heat energy in the atmosphere, it's stormy this time of year, every year! 

If the courses don't open soon, I might make the local news...

Mesick Golfer Tased, Charged with Trespassing

A Mesick man, described as "crazed" by local law enforcement officers, was charged and arraigned Sunday night after being observed playing golf on a closed golf course. 

A Wexford Country Sheriff's Department spokeswoman said the man was spotted on the 18th tee of the Briar Creek golf course by a passing deputy. When the deputy approached the man and informed him he had to leave the premises, the man became agitated and started rambling about not having "played in months". When he refused to pickup his ball and instead insisted on finishing the hole, the deputy had no choice but to restrain him by use of a taser gun.

The deputy, while sympathetic to local golfers unable to play until late Spring, insisted strict enforcement of trespassing laws is absolutely necessary.

"If we let one golfer play on a course before it has opened for the season, we'd be opening the floodgates to frustrated golfers everywhere", the deputy explained. "Some of these guys are wound pretty tight by the time April rolls around. If this guy had just waited another week, all of this could have been avoided."

• Upvote 3

Jon

9 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

A Mesick man, described as "crazed" by local law enforcement officers, was charged and arraigned Sunday night after being observed playing golf on a closed golf course. 

A Wexford Country Sheriff's Department spokeswoman said the man was spotted on the 18th tee of the Briar Creek golf course by a passing deputy. When the deputy approached the man and informed him he had to leave the premises, the man became agitated and started rambling about not having "played in months". When he refused to pickup his ball and instead insisted on finishing the hole, the deputy had no choice but to restrain him by use of a taser gun.

The deputy, while sympathetic to local golfers unable to play until late Spring, insisted strict enforcement of trespassing laws is absolutely necessary.

"If we let one golfer play on a course before it has opened for the season, we'd be opening the floodgates to frustrated golfers everywhere", the deputy explained. "Some of these guys are wound pretty tight by the time April rolls around. If this guy had just waited another week, all of this could have been avoided."

Next time you go, take me with you.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

By some miracle Mother Nature has it raining here this morning. This is good news for me as I don't want to shovel. I have tendinitis in my left bicep tendon and need to rest it for a couple of weeks while I undergo PT. I can't do full swings, but I can do mirror work, chipping etc. Shoveling is what irritated it a couple of weeks ago.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

Serious case of blue balls..:~(

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

By some miracle Mother Nature has it raining here this morning. This is good news for me as I don't want to shovel. I have tendinitis in my left bicep tendon and need to rest it for a couple of weeks while I undergo PT. I can't do full swings, but I can do mirror work, chipping etc. Shoveling is what irritated it a couple of weeks ago.

This is a helluva time of the year to have an injury that will impact golf. Here's to a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

Next time you go, take me with you.

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

Serious case of blue balls..:~(

I drive by this course twice every day. Every time I do, the thought of just bringing my push cart and clubs out there enters my mind. Then I remember, I'm too old for that kind of #!^&.

• Upvote 1

Jon

7 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

2017-04-01_08_44_15.jpg

I think we got 11 inches or better.

Dang...and that's not an April Fool's joke...Keep it!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Dang...and that's not an April Fool's joke...Keep it!

And it is still snowing.

5 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

And it is still snowing.

And it is still snowing...

16 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

And it is still snowing...

Now is the winter of our discontent...

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Now is the winter of our discontent...

I'll believe it when I see it...

Hey 11 inches of snow yesterday and 51 degrees today....

23 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Hey 11 inches of snow yesterday and 51 degrees today...

Ouch, that's crazy.  We had 1"-2" and was enough to put the brakes on our opening men's club round...all melted by early afternoon.  With not enough daylight yet to play after work, and g/f's family in town all next weekend, the countdown-clock is back to the "by the week" basis.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed...

- Bill

15 minutes ago, Let it Fly said:

Ouch, that's crazy.  We had 1"-2" and was enough to put the brakes on our opening men's club round...all melted by early afternoon.  With not enough daylight yet to play after work, and g/f's family in town all next weekend, the countdown-clock is back to the "by the week" basis.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed...

Where are you at? We have 8 inches possible forecasted for tomorrow and I bet money we get 8 or 10.