IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Nobody's even bothering to do the sidewalks. You can't even figure out where they are.

My snowblower intake is 27" tall, FWIW.

2017-12-26 11.35.48 50%.jpg2017-12-26 11.35.35 50%.jpg

Aw jeez. Stay warm and dry.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

@iacas, I can how anyone could be grumpy after this:  I would be!

Yes, it's been snowing for the past two hours.

But my snowblower, that I thought had blown an auger belt, was fine - I just had to undo the spring, tighten the screw about six turns, and re-do the spring. When they replaced the belt last spring they had the handle drive bar extended so it was very close to the on/off state.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Aw jeez. Stay warm and dry.

We'd heard that some people's furnace vents were blocked by snow and they were getting carbon monoxide poisoning. I checked those on our house and we're good there.

And the TV (DirecTV) still works, despite the dish having a solid foot of snow on it.

• Administrator
Just now, nevets88 said:

Curious, how much snow before you start worrying about the roof?

The snow before was pretty heavy. This snow is pretty light.

It was windy the other day, so I'm not too worried. Our roofs are pretty steep in this area of the country.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

The snow before was pretty heavy. This snow is pretty light.

It was windy the other day, so I'm not too worried. Our roofs are pretty steep in this area of the country.

That's smart. Are CO2 detectors required in basement or near heater?

• Administrator
Just now, nevets88 said:

That's smart. Are CO2 detectors required in basement or near heater?

Our smoke detectors have CO detectors on them.

CO2… that detector would be going off constantly, man. :-)

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

That's more snow than has fallen in Albuquerque in my entire lifetime, 46 years combined. 

On a different note I have a tee time for 9:00am tomorrow, supposed to be another beautiful day here in NM!

@iacas saw the snow in Erie story on the news and thought about you. I've been through storms with 20", and I've been in the UP and driven when there were plow canyons for roads. But I can't imagine getting all that in a couple of days.
Let us know if you need us to send in supplies - although it might have to be airdropped in.
Your photos are pretty amazing, as it looks like the roads were plowed - are they able to keep up with 4+ foot of snow?

And I'm sending bad vibes to @dennyjones for his cold comments - I don't mind cold and snow, but this below zero stuff is a bit chilly. At least I haven't heard them calling it an Artic Blast, like the 2014 and 2015 winters.

Stay warm everyone & we can watch golf starting next week!

• Like 1