IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Nobody's even bothering to do the sidewalks. You can't even figure out where they are.

My snowblower intake is 27" tall, FWIW.

2017-12-26 11.35.48 50%.jpg2017-12-26 11.35.35 50%.jpg

Aw jeez. Stay warm and dry.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

@iacas, I can how anyone could be grumpy after this:  I would be!

Yes, it's been snowing for the past two hours.

But my snowblower, that I thought had blown an auger belt, was fine - I just had to undo the spring, tighten the screw about six turns, and re-do the spring. When they replaced the belt last spring they had the handle drive bar extended so it was very close to the on/off state.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

We'd heard that some people's furnace vents were blocked by snow and they were getting carbon monoxide poisoning. I checked those on our house and we're good there.

And the TV (DirecTV) still works, despite the dish having a solid foot of snow on it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Curious, how much snow before you start worrying about the roof?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
Just now, nevets88 said:

Curious, how much snow before you start worrying about the roof?

The snow before was pretty heavy. This snow is pretty light.

It was windy the other day, so I'm not too worried. Our roofs are pretty steep in this area of the country.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

The snow before was pretty heavy. This snow is pretty light.

It was windy the other day, so I'm not too worried. Our roofs are pretty steep in this area of the country.

That's smart. Are CO2 detectors required in basement or near heater?

Steve

• Administrator
Just now, nevets88 said:

That's smart. Are CO2 detectors required in basement or near heater?

Our smoke detectors have CO detectors on them.

CO2… that detector would be going off constantly, man. :-)

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• Administrator

Hey, can't say I wasn't warned…

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

That's more snow than has fallen in Albuquerque in my entire lifetime, 46 years combined. 

On a different note I have a tee time for 9:00am tomorrow, supposed to be another beautiful day here in NM!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

@iacas 60 inches, you won’t be playing golf until May in your area.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

@iacas 60 inches, you won’t be playing golf until May in your area.  

It can melt almost as quickly as it comes down.

@iacas saw the snow in Erie story on the news and thought about you. I've been through storms with 20", and I've been in the UP and driven when there were plow canyons for roads. But I can't imagine getting all that in a couple of days.
Let us know if you need us to send in supplies - although it might have to be airdropped in.
Your photos are pretty amazing, as it looks like the roads were plowed - are they able to keep up with 4+ foot of snow?

And I'm sending bad vibes to @dennyjones for his cold comments - I don't mind cold and snow, but this below zero stuff is a bit chilly. At least I haven't heard them calling it an Artic Blast, like the 2014 and 2015 winters.

Stay warm everyone & we can watch golf starting next week!

• Like 1

Players play, tough players win!

16 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This is why I moved away from Maine, started to hate the snow and cold more and more.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I wanna donut. 

Steve

• Administrator

I’ll post some updated photos soon.

I think we are well over 70” the last three or four days.