IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I live in Vegas but my girlfriend’s place is in L.A. so I’m here all the time as well.  I’m having winter depression because the weather is currently so damn nice that all the courses are too crowded.  C’mon!  Rain a little so things thin out and I can try my new rain gloves.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, allenc said:

I live in Vegas but my girlfriend’s place is in L.A. so I’m here all the time as well.  I’m having winter depression because the weather is currently so damn nice that all the courses are too crowded.  C’mon!  Rain a little so things thin out and I can try my new rain gloves.

I'd like to say we feel your pain, but you have to have pain for us to feel it!  :8)

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 hours ago, allenc said:

Yawn. @CarlSpackler trolled us for a while when he lived in FL. You gotta come up with something more original :-P

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, allenc said:

I feel ya, I couldn't get a tee time until 10:15 tomorrow and 11:08 on Friday! Times are tough!

Edited by NM Golf

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Sadly I think my golf season is done for a bit. Can no longer do sub 35 degrees anymore. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Sadly I think my golf season is done for a bit. Can no longer do sub 35 degrees anymore. 

I'm not so sure now after two days with single digits. 34 sound pretty damn good now.

On the other hand, the white death is strictly grass decor for the moment. I guess it could be worse.

5 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I'm not so sure now after two days with single digits. 34 sound pretty damn good now.

On the other hand, the white death is strictly grass decor for the moment. I guess it could be worse.

I am sure after a few weeks of no golf I may change my mind. White death may not give me the option. It is truly golfers kryptonite

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

4 hours ago, billchao said:

Yawn. @CarlSpackler trolled us for a while when he lived in FL. You gotta come up with something more original :-P

It’s not such a big deal. Even when the weather was beautiful, I didn’t have much of an urge to play anymore. I did start having golf dreams again though. I was playing against Mr. Woods and was winning, so he started cheating. 

- Shane

I remember as a young boy living on the shore of lake Erie, all the doors (including the storm door) opened to the interior... so you could shovel out! :-D

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

16 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Sorry kid, I'm pretty sure the game is cancelled

OK, that made my day! LOL! Thanks for posting!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

It’s not such a big deal. Even when the weather was beautiful, I didn’t have much of an urge to play anymore. I did start having golf dreams again though. I was playing against Mr. Woods and was winning, so he started cheating. 

Big dream!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

-25 C (-13 F) this morning , another couple of inches of snow last night, staying this way for three more days, then it eases off to seasonal temps...8 weeks ago, played my last 9 holes-+24C (75 F). Happy the snow blower keeps starting

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Starting to get into the winter depression here a little bit. It was beautiful here until the 20th, which was the day before I took some time off work of course. Since then, we've had enough snow on the ground so that most courses are closed, and I haven't swung a club in over two weeks. I'm holding out hope that I can get to the range tomorrow, but it's supposed to turn cold again after that. Unfortunately, it's been so cold that I don't want to go into my garage to work on my swing either. Might have to invest in a heater if the temperatures stay this cold.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

42 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Starting to get into the winter depression here a little bit. It was beautiful here until the 20th, which was the day before I took some time off work of course. Since then, we've had enough snow on the ground so that most courses are closed, and I haven't swung a club in over two weeks. I'm holding out hope that I can get to the range tomorrow, but it's supposed to turn cold again after that. Unfortunately, it's been so cold that I don't want to go into my garage to work on my swing either. Might have to invest in a heater if the temperatures stay this cold.

Some courses are open today and will be tomorrow before the cold returns on Sunday.  I am hoping to play a round tomorrow morning.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

No winter depression for the moment.  Warming up here.  Saturday/Sunday should be great days to play... albeit with drives that plug in the fairway.  I have a new driver being delivered today, and a bottle of Ardbeg single-malt scotch sent from Blackwell's in San Francisco... golf life is good.