IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Well, it could worse for you winter folks still waiting decent weather. 

Try this. 85 temps. Perfect sunny weather. Fairways, and greens are in great shape. Decent green fees. Everything about golfing is perfect. 

Then you go to your friendly doctor with an annoying,  low grade ache in your shoulder. A pinched nerve puts you on the shelf for a yet to be determined length of time. :cry:

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a tee time Sunday morning. Rain in the forecast today and Friday/Saturday, not to mention it rained all day yesterday on top of the 4" of snow from Monday. Course will be a swamp. Not to mention the high will be 44°F for the day, so probably just below 40°F at 7:00 AM.

I think I'm going to cancel :mellow:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, Patch said:

Try this. 85 temps. Perfect sunny weather. Fairways, and greens are in great shape. Decent green fees. Everything about golfing is perfect. 

Then you go to your friendly doctor with an annoying,  low grade ache in your shoulder. A pinched nerve puts you on the shelf for a yet to be determined length of time. :cry:

Hope all is well.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

9 hours ago, Patch said:

Oh man, what a drag.....hoping for a speedy recovery for you. I missed an entire season in '14 because of a partial rotator cuff injury. I was able to avoid surgery but it cost me the year and took lots of PT.

29 minutes ago, billchao said:

I have a tee time Sunday morning. Rain in the forecast today and Friday/Saturday, not to mention it rained all day yesterday on top of the 4" of snow from Monday. Course will be a swamp. Not to mention the high will be 44°F for the day, so probably just below 40°F at 7:00 AM.

I think I'm going to cancel :mellow:

The real kicker would be the wind. You could pull it off in those conditions but if there's a stiff breeze, it would be brutal.

John C.

In the bag: Nike Covert Driver, #3 wood and #5 Wood. Titelist AP1 710series irons regular graphite shafts. Sounder 60 degree wedge. Titleist Bullseye putter.  Prov-1 balls.

9 hours ago, Patch said:

Then you go to your friendly doctor with an annoying,  low grade ache in your shoulder. A pinched nerve puts you on the shelf for a yet to be determined length of time.

I'm saying a prayer for you. Maybe PT will work for you if an impingement. I'm hoping to play golf for the 1st time since 9/28/17 on Saturday due to both rotator cuffs (plus hands plus knee all at one time). PT (plus injections etc) and healing time worked. I say all this to give you hope that maybe it can work for you. Best wishes, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Courses open around me this weekend. The weather is supposed to be 45 and rainy. I'll play in 45 and sunny but rainy, no way. I don't think my body is raedy to play yet anyway. It's been a rough 6 months.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Snow flurries today and a predicted "high" temperature for Friday of 32 degrees.  Miserable Spring here in the Frozen Mitten.  At least the lawn mower isn't needed yet.

Brian Kuehn

Here in SW PA it's still winter!  First day of league golf cancelled today.  Some snow predicted for this weekend.  Sigh...

• Administrator

Weekend two-round tournament with my college team canceled. It was to be held in Pittsburgh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mother Nature is like playing with a cat, keep dangling the string toy, cat gets closer, pulls it away, repeat.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This is brutal. Doesn't look like spring will be here for another 2-3 weeks. Then we'll go straight into hot & humid.

We're in that "makes you want to scream" stage of the year.

Today - 58*

Friday 60*

Saturday (opening day at our club) - 38*/snow

Whoever pissed off Mother Nature better step up and apologize right quick!!

IMG_4610.PNG

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

32 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Mother Nature is like playing with a cat, keep dangling the string toy, cat gets closer, pulls it away, repeat.

She's a mean one!

It will be cold in NE until she decides it's summer, then BAM! 90F.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, NEhomer said:

The real kicker would be the wind. You could pull it off in those conditions but if there's a stiff breeze, it would be brutal.

Nah, just the turf conditions are enough to keep me home. I don't need to play enough to make it worth slogging through a swamp worth it. I actually don't mind playing in a little rain, but not muddy conditions.

Plus now they're calling for snow Friday into Saturday.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Tournament this weekend canceled, in case I wasn't clear earlier.

I'm glad. It will let me play both of my two teams in the two events we have this spring before NCAA Nationals.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Man, that PGA Superstore indoor package is really coming in handy, but enough with the cr@p weather.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Currently saving for a down payment on a house. Golf simulator is coming after that house. There will be plenty of room without a couch :-P

-Justin

My Swing

SLDR C 10.5, Aeroburner 3W/3H, MX-200 4-GW, Vokey Chrome 200 56 & 60, TM White Smoke

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Tournament this weekend canceled, in case I wasn't clear earlier.

I'm glad. It will let me play both of my two teams in the two events we have this spring before NCAA Nationals.

Is there a link to a schedule for your team?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny