IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, dennyjones said:

Ya but If you remember  you only had a couple days of bad weather around that time.   There were several days in the 70s and 80 before that.   I bet you played several rounds in April last year.   There were about 17 or 18 good golf days..

Here in mid-Michigan, the land without sunshine, this year, we've had 10 snowy days this April.   I'll trade you weather any day...

Got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues...:whistle:   (all in jest)

I lived in Michigan for 7 years. The winters are long and sometimes brutal, but, when the weather turns, they're generally over. I remember everybody freaking out when it snowed on April 20 or something in Michigan. That is entirely normal in Denver. My point was more that your winter is over at this point, and Denver could easily see more snow.

I know you Michiganders like to think you have the weirdest, worst weather in the country, but it's just not true. :-P

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Yeah! Denver gets something like 330 sunny days out of 365 per year!

We get a lot of Sun, yeah, but April and May are our least sunniest months, so these months tend to be when I post in this thread. Our spring months are really annoying.

Edited by DeadMan
  • Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida bound on Saturday, woo hoo!  Getting away form the crappy weather.  Going to be playing lots of golf. 

I haven't shanked a ball in months.

Crap blizzard tomorrow...then brutal cold with 50 mph winds...wind chills around -20. First person in my group next year bitch that it's hot out gets a punch in the face...I dont care if they are

Posted Images

On 4/30/2018 at 9:05 PM, Valleygolfer said:

I swear we better have a Mf'n Indian summer! 

Meteorogically, you have a better than average chance.

• 5 months later...
27 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Time to bump this thread. The yard was covered in frost this morning. Golfing season is almost over. 

$#% that! We have lots of golf left.

Of course, denial isn't just another river in Egypt

I went by my local course this afternoon to pick up a head cover I'd lost Friday (not my home course). The guy says "You're lucky, in 15 minutes we're shutting down for the season. It was like 55° out. 

This is the biggest reason I don't have a yearly membership at this course which is within walking distance. They open late in the spring and close early in the fall. While it may or may not make sense from a business standpoint, why on Earth would I spend my money there when I can play until the snow sticks at a course 20 minutes away?

I hope this new owner succeeds because I hate to see businesses fail - especially a local golf course. But I'd be pissed if I had bought a slightly over-priced membership in May only to have them shut the gates 2 weeks early in October... when the weather is still fine for golf. 

The high today was about 50 here.   When we have sun and no wind, it's a great day to play.   We have a few more left.   I'm playing next Monday and Tuesday.

Edited by dennyjones

1 minute ago, jimnm said:

I'm thankful that golf (and all outdoor activities/sports for that matter) is a year round thing in my area. 79 and sunny today 🙂

Has there ever been snow on the South Course at Torrey Pines?

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Has there ever been snow on the South Course at Torrey Pines?

No, not that I know of. Occasionally it can get windy at Torrey. But the weather is very mild around here. People that move here from other states will often talk about how San Diego doesn't have any seasons. Which I guess is true.

1 hour ago, jimnm said:

I'm thankful that golf (and all outdoor activities/sports for that matter) is a year round thing in my area. 79 and sunny today 🙂

That's called bragging!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimnm said:

You’re not welcome in this thread. 

We had a couple of inches of snow on Sunday. It’s already melted, but annoying that we’re at this time of year already. Could have another decent month, could have less. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

That's called bragging!

16 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

You’re not welcome in this thread. 

We had a couple of inches of snow on Sunday. It’s already melted, but annoying that we’re at this time of year already. Could have another decent month, could have less. 

It's true. Gloating from warm areas is unwelcome on this thread. 

13 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

So I'll try not to gloat; though retirement in AZ does have SOME benefits (though not 6-8 weeks in the 100s in the summer!).  Now going into hiding.

images.png.d34b09d7bffdf0671883be44ff2f639c.png

Edited by DrMJG