IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

On 2/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, mcanadiens said:

I'm really disappointed with the forecast.

Today's the best day of the week and I'm locked in the office. Its 50 degrees (albeit cloudy).

For my weekend, rain on Saturday and then the temperature drops into the 20s on Sunday.

Poop.

I know how you feel, it’s raining at least one day out of each weekend, and we were barely able to play only one round, go to the beach in the cold, grabbing one sunset before the rain came along...I mean look at those ominous looking clouds 😩

E324E64E-51CC-4162-9494-FC72B2E900BD.thumb.jpeg.10fcf15ca08720b2e51a8de682b0904a.jpeg

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I know how you feel, it’s raining at least one day out of each weekend, and we were barely able to play only one round, go to the beach in the cold, grabbing one sunset before the rain came along...I mean look at those ominous looking clouds 😩

E324E64E-51CC-4162-9494-FC72B2E900BD.thumb.jpeg.10fcf15ca08720b2e51a8de682b0904a.jpeg

YOU BASTARD!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

YOU BASTARD!!

Hey it might get to 60 deg F in Ohio this week, rejoice!

About to get hit by a bomb cyclone blizzard! Sounds like it could be really bad, so I'm hoping that posting here jinxes it.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

31 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

Hey it might get to 60 deg F in Ohio this week, rejoice!

Too late for me.

I'm locked in here. There is a commode in the corner of the room and they occasionally slid some food under the door.

3 hours ago, Canuck371 said:

Hi folks,

I'm in southern Quebec (shoot me now) and am dying to play.  So, anything open in the Boston, Hartford or Albany areas?  

Not Boston. We still have snow on the ground. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Milwaukee Area to hit 58* tomorrow March 14th. Then go back down into the 30's for the weekend.

Now here comes the roller coaster weather.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:58 PM, DeadMan said:

About to get hit by a bomb cyclone blizzard! Sounds like it could be really bad, so I'm hoping that posting here jinxes it.

I can't think of a way to put the words bomb, cyclone, and blizzard together in any way that might indicate something good! Amazing how the weather folks keep coming up with new terminology.

On 3/13/2019 at 2:28 PM, GAA said:

Milwaukee Area to hit 58* tomorrow March 14th. Then go back down into the 30's for the weekend.

Now here comes the roller coaster weather.

They don't call March the "cruelest month" for nothing. Speaking of cruel, I was hiding in the basement for a while this evening during a tornado warning. After it was cancelled, I came back upstairs and got back online. I was sitting at the computer when I heard my cell phone just go crazy! I look at it, and it's the tornado warning that was issued at 8:48PM. It was 9:40PM by the time it rang through! Glad I had my TV on and heard the tornado sirens go off about an hour earlier!  

Drove past a couple of driving ranges today and the lots were full. 

happy the lion king GIF

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well.  That bomb cyclone definitely put a damper.  Good thing I had to leave the "path of destruction" for work.  I hope all that snow is gone by the time I get back.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

We're having  warmer weather now, so all the snow is melting !!!!!!!!!  Wohooooooo  With as much snow as we got and the recent rains, I may be going to work in my canoe pretty soon.......  Already have to take different routes due to flooding.  I'm well past ready for the courses to open back up !!!!!

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

I guess I've gotten so unbearable, I broke a lamp swinging in my living room, my wife is starting to look at weather reports to see when I can go play. 😏

• Thumbs Up 1

I just got an email notification from Two Oaks North in Wautoma, WI. They will open for play Friday and Saturday (weather permitting), 3/22 & 3/23. We played there in February in 2018 and there were a few holes closed, some wet and muddy areas, but overall if you kept it in (or near) the fairway, it wasn't too bad. I expect about the same this weekend. Forecast is 42* and sunny Friday, and 51* and sunny on Saturday. You can check their website for details and contact info. I'd call ahead just to be sure.

Just received an email from a local Muni, Green Oaks.  They are open with carts available (although I suspect it could be cart path only).  Our corner of the Mitten is still very muddy and damp.  High temperatures are in the 40's and 50's.  Small snow piles remain where it was piled high or is sheltered from direct sun.

I am excited.  Thursday will be the day!  I do not know where but I will be on a course, walking 18.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn