IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Played my first 9 of the year over the weekend, windy and a bit nippy though, probably the earliest I've started playing in awhile. Waiting for the range, which tends to close down under wet conditions, to open up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got a call from my buddy today. Supposed to be sunny and near 60 on Sunday, so we're heading out. It will probably still be boggy as hell, and I'm not looking for anything score wise. This is just to get out and blow the stink off! 

5am wake-up, shower, get ready for hour-long drive to the season's first 7am tee time with buddies I haven't seen in months...walk outside to 15 degree windchill and half an inch of snow.

throw fit.gif

Edited by Let it Fly
  • Thumbs Up 1

- Bill

2 hours ago, Let it Fly said:

5am wake-up, shower, get ready for hour-long drive to the season's first 7am tee time with buddies I haven't seen in months...walk outside to 15 degree windchill and half an inch of snow.

throw fit.gif

That is depressing.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

53 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

That is depressing.

Very.  Finding out the tee sheet is completely full for tomorrow really rubbed salt in the wound.

- Bill

Nice enough out yesterday to go out a local shag range.  No courses open up yet.  Still too wet and still have some snow.  Definitely need a little more range time with these new clubs before I hit any course.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

34 degrees at tee off tomorrow morning. I will be home by the days high of 55. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

It's supposed to hit 60°F tomorrow, but after the monsoon we had Thursday-Friday, I'm not going to play. If it's not windy I'll hit the range or just beat some balls into my net.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, dennyjones said:

That is depressing.   

It's not just depressing. It's also, how can I say this without being insulting, just dumb! The dude lives in New England and makes a 7AM tee time in March?! You gotta be kidding me! We're playing our first round here in NE OH and the course is NOT taking tee times. First come, first served. We're going to show up around noon and hopefully tee off about 1:00PM. 

Way back in the day my buddy made tee times, in April, at a local course for like the crack of freaking dawn! It was wall to wall sunshine the day before and a crystal clear night, and you know what that means. Everything was frosted up to a fair thee well the next morning! But, everyone showed up on time and we drove out to the course. Where no one was allowed to tee off until the frost burned off! That's when my buddy's next door neighbor told him, "You know John, we're allowed to play golf in the middle of the day, too!" 

Today was cold. Wanted to play, practice, anything, but tired of freezing my butt off. 

Looks like it’ll get warmer by Friday, but it’s gonna rain. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

20 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

It's not just depressing. It's also, how can I say this without being insulting, just dumb! The dude lives in New England and makes a 7AM tee time in March?! You gotta be kidding me!

Lighten Up Francis.gif

- Bill

Not hapnin'! There's such a thing as logic. Logic will tell you that at this time of year, you can barely see at 7AM! This applies to the course as well, but if they're getting that much play well, God bless 'em! Heck, as humid as it gets here in the Summer, we don't make make 7AM tee times in July. We don't like being dewsweepers! 

14 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Not hapnin'! There's such a thing as logic. Logic will tell you that at this time of year, you can barely see at 7AM!

You do realize that the sunrise occurs at different times depending on where you live, even in the same time zone, right? It's a phenomenon I doubt many people think about.

For example, I'm near NYC and there's plenty of light by 7:00 AM as sunrise is around 6:50 AM. Sunrise is earlier in Boston by 10 minutes. By contrast, sunrise in Dayton is around 7:30.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Mid to upper 60s Friday and Saturday. Come on Spring. Come to papa. 

Steve

11 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Not hapnin'! There's such a thing as logic.

Why you're taking pot-shots at when I'm able to get out and play is beyond me.  I wouldn't expect such pettiness from a long-time forum member...but you do you, bud.  Hit 'em straight. 

- Bill

54 minutes ago, Let it Fly said:

Why you're taking pot-shots at when I'm able to get out and play is beyond me.  I wouldn't expect such pettiness from a long-time forum member...but you do you, bud.  Hit 'em straight. 

Agree. I did not expect that much snow that day either. It is New England and not Ohio. Our weather is a bit more unpredictable.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

This winter wasn't half of what last year's was.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets