IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

July is pretty steamy down there. That's why I started this thread back in the day...

Added: Karma really sucks.

Tell your dad hello for me.

Will do

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida bound on Saturday, woo hoo!  Getting away form the crappy weather.  Going to be playing lots of golf. 

I haven't shanked a ball in months.

Crap blizzard tomorrow...then brutal cold with 50 mph winds...wind chills around -20. First person in my group next year bitch that it's hot out gets a punch in the face...I dont care if they are

Posted Images

7 hours ago, StuM said:

That’s the truth.  I once played 36 holes in 1 day in Orlando in July.  Totally wiped me out.

I think many think Florida is such a great golf place to live. In the winter month you have the multitude of snow birds packing the courses and in the summer it is very hot and humid. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I think many think Florida is such a great golf place to live. In the winter month you have the multitude of snow birds packing the courses and in the summer it is very hot and humid. 

So the only thing Florida is good for is oranges... 

6 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I've always thought that if I could afford such frivolities as winter golf vacations, I'd go to Arizona. Humidity isn't my friend.

47 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's a long stretch from my statement to your question. I never said what you insinuated.

Just now, Billy Z said:

It's a long stretch from my statement to your question. I never said what you insinuated.

Just joking.  I lived in Miami for awhile and the July heat, nor the January heat bothered me when playing golf.  Then again, I was 19 and had arrived from hot and humid St. Louis summers.

2 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I think he was joking.

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

I think he was joking.

It's all good.

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

My retirement plan takes that into account.  I plan to have a place in Northern Michigan to enjoy in the summer and somewhere else to enjoy in the winter.  Not sure where exactly that summer home will be but the idea is for it to be a "Home Base" where we can fan out in various directions for different golf courses and other entertainment.  

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

I've always thought that if I could afford such frivolities as winter golf vacations, I'd go to Arizona. Humidity isn't my friend.

Florida is not very humid in the winter. 

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Not so much anymore. It has the best beaches in the world though. 

3 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It has the best beaches in the world though. 

We've been in Siesta Key a couple of times and I agree.   We are looking at being some of those hated snow birds for a while next year

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

We've been in Siesta Key a couple of times and I agree.   We are looking at being some of those hated snow birds for a while next year

We’re still working on becoming permanent residents again. 

When I got out of the car to pu a pizza today, the clear skies, full sun, a bit of melting snow, I got a reminder that spring is coming. I felt like I could see light at the end of the tunnel, with only 1 week left in February. Great weather today.

• Like 1

It is above freezing for the first time in 2 weeks. I shoveled snow off the hitting mat in order to hit a few balls.  It was too cold hit a lot.

3 hours ago, Billy Z said:

When I got out of the car to pu a pizza today, the clear skies, full sun, a bit of melting snow, I got a reminder that spring is coming. I felt like I could see light at the end of the tunnel, with only 1 week left in February. Great weather today.

We go straight from winter to a muddy orange barrel season!  Golf is still about 2 months out and sunshine is about 365 days away!  (we had sun for about 4 hours)

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

We go straight from winter to a muddy orange barrel season!  Golf is still about 2 months out and sunshine is about 365 days away!  (we had sun for about 4 hours)

Beautiful day today for a Feb. Golf is about 365 days away?

16 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Yes, the day did remind me that Spring would be coming.  Maybe we will be lucky and play in March.

• Thanks 1