IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

• Administrator

Whispering Woods had to turn more than 200 people away today. They didn't have tee times. People were taking tee times up to 5:30 even though they knew they'd only get 4-5 holes in. Crazy!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida bound on Saturday, woo hoo!  Getting away form the crappy weather.  Going to be playing lots of golf. 

I haven't shanked a ball in months.

Crap blizzard tomorrow...then brutal cold with 50 mph winds...wind chills around -20. First person in my group next year bitch that it's hot out gets a punch in the face...I dont care if they are

Posted Images

On 2/25/2021 at 11:03 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Oh, then I guess I owe you an apology. 
I thought you were experiencing such weather right now. 

Okay, you don't suck. Anyone else who gets to play golf all year round and never has to deal with shoveling loads of white death off their driveways sucks.

chet, I've got clay on my shovels.

Tuesday was perfect, today is looking better!  Course is still coming around from an especially wet winter but greens are like counter top and receptive.  I don't have to search ballmarks, it is right there with the ball.  (although fixing others' is pretty constant).  My little course is almost crowded during the week - very unusual.

8 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Up to two feet of snow in the forecast!

jack donaghy scotch GIF

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

:cry:

It will be a while before I can get back on the course again.

xylia-thu-am.jpeg

In parts of the High Plains, this could be an historic snowstorm. Here's our latest forecast. - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

On 3/10/2021 at 2:02 PM, The Flush said:

It is beautiful out this week, but I have a big audit going on at work and have to work late, so I won't be able to get out and play.

At least I got to play 9 on Sunday when it wasn't quite so nice out.

After a long week of work, I snuck out early and beat the crowd and was able to walk 9 in an hour and twenty minutes, which isn't too bad for an old, fat, bad golfer. 

Damn, glad it's you and not me! lol. best of luck, though!

4 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Might be a few days before I can get out on the course again...

A8888AFC-D3AF-411D-9F0D-F0A2CCE78E4B.thumb.jpeg.433d780beec2cdfe5e342b6a52cebe64.jpeg41724F54-7462-4329-AB7C-572C52040CCF.thumb.jpeg.1d6922f8019120f8f933fa6f34519ae7.jpeg

Pray for a heat wave...

I live in a place where I never have to worry about it being too cold to play.  It is only ever too wet to play, thanks to the solid monsoon from June to October/November. I really struggle during that time period thanks to no golf and other outdoor activities being reduced. Any tips on how to practice/swing in an apartment.  When I am based at my home in Coorg, on a coffee estate, I have the space and ability to hit balls and swing without issue

33 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

I live in a place where I never have to worry about it being too cold to play.  It is only ever too wet to play, thanks to the solid monsoon from June to October/November. I really struggle during that time period thanks to no golf and other outdoor activities being reduced. Any tips on how to practice/swing in an apartment.  When I am based at my home in Coorg, on a coffee estate, I have the space and ability to hit balls and swing without issue

Maybe something like this if you have limited space:

https://orangewhipgolf.com/collections/the-orange-whip-gfx-products/products/the-orange-whip-compact

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Might be a few days before I can get out on the course again...

A8888AFC-D3AF-411D-9F0D-F0A2CCE78E4B.thumb.jpeg.433d780beec2cdfe5e342b6a52cebe64.jpeg41724F54-7462-4329-AB7C-572C52040CCF.thumb.jpeg.1d6922f8019120f8f933fa6f34519ae7.jpeg

And I thought 29F with 30 mph winds here was bad. 

12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

And I thought 29F with 30 mph winds here was bad. 

It was so windy, I was almost blown off my bike. Kind of hoping to play yesterday and this week, but too cold and rain is coming.

Pent up demand. Not sure if I should go to range today. Nicest day in awhile.CA9AA861-C196-4A7E-B61F-1504BCFE7D72.jpeg

• Funny 1

Completely unplanned, but I ended up snowboarding on the last day of winter, and playing 9 holes of golf on the first day of spring.  It doesn't get much better than that!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's April 1st and this is the ***ing radar. It's opening day for the Reds, and they had to shovel snow!!!

image.png

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

It's April 1st and this is the ***ing radar. It's opening day for the Reds, and they had to shovel snow!!!

image.png

Eh, it's the Reds... they're going to finish last anyway.  Now they have the "snow excuse".

We have cold & scattered flurries here in SE Michigan for the Tigers' Opening Day also.  Crappy weather is the norm for Opening Days in Detroit.

• Like 2