IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Remembered one important thing about winter golf where I live the hard way last week.

I live on the side of a hill that tends to block a lot of wind. Wind conditions at the course are going to be several times worse than at the house. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

And we’ve since learned that there is no advantage to that.

I'm thinking there is an advantage. 
I don't know about you, but I tend to get a lot of shrinkage when they're cold.

... Me thinks I confess too much.

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

From my point of view the only depressing thing about winter in the PNW is the reduction in roll to zero or near zero. I am originally from Michigan and enjoyed snow; especially since it caused mass exodus of tourists in Traverse City. On the other hand I don't miss clearing ice and snow daily or driving on slick roads. In western WA I can play golf year-round and take a short drive to see snow or ski. However, if and when covid finally settles and I am comfortable playing hockey again that may cause more emotional conflict. 

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

@KMP... Yep, I've already had several drives, even low ones, that have backed up about a yard.  You won't be playing Saturday.  😁

Hopefully Sunday!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Just five days or so now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not quite on topic but close... I am depressed when we have 11" of snow and cars try going down my extremely steep side street (2nd best sledding hill in Bellingham) and often end up sliding sideways.  The street in front of my house parallels the hill... 3 blocks away there is a plowed/salted/beet juiced arterial street that will safely get you off the hill.  Wondering if they are worried about gas mileage or they think cars always stick to the street?

Suffering cabin fever.  Golf course has been closed for almost a week.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

I plan to battle winter depression this year by working hard on my game. 

IMG_20211218_194952529_HDR.thumb.jpg.00aed26520543636ec4b00e2f575ed0b.jpg

I just finished setting this up in my garage. Not sure if I'll be able to film down the line, but I can definitely do Caddy View. 

I will, however, be able to swing every club in the bag. 

I just got that hitting mat for Christmas from the spouse. It's pretty nice. It comes with 4 or 5 inserts on which to hit. Maybe I'll put up a review of it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Not sure if I'll be able to film down the line, but I can definitely do Caddy View. 

Very tidy garage. Are those bats on the ceiling? Turn everything around by 180 degrees, open your garage door on a nice day and you can film down the line.

10 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Are those bats on the ceiling?

🤣 Nope, those are pully do-dads which used to be for hanging bicycles. But now we have a shed for those. 

11 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Turn everything around by 180 degrees, open your garage door on a nice day and you can film down the line.

Good idea. :beer:

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I just finished setting this up in my garage. Not sure if I'll be able to film down the line, but I can definitely do Caddy View. 

I just got that hitting mat for Christmas from the spouse. It's pretty nice. It comes with 4 or 5 inserts on which to hit. Maybe I'll put up a review of it. 

You need to put a piano in there as a target like @GolfLug!

• Funny 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
7 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Oh that's nice!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Great setup! The one thing I’ve always wanted was a big garage with tall ceilings I could hit golf balls in. Unfortunately, I have a narrow single car garage with a 9’ ceiling. And there’s a car parked in it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, billchao said:

Great setup! The one thing I’ve always wanted was a big garage with tall ceilings I could hit golf balls in. Unfortunately, I have a narrow single car garage with a 9’ ceiling. And there’s a car parked in it.

Kind of a nice car though!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Kind of a nice car though!😜

Yea she’s not going anywhere. I need a 3-car garage. One bay for the car, one for my gym, and one for golf 😃

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread