IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Personal Experience?

😂More than enough. Never again.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

That's nothing compared to this... 🙂

950beaed-2a1c-4101-b36c-be40cb330e95-AP_APTOPIX_Tropical_Weather_Florida.jpg

1. It doesn’t happen every year. Miserable winters do. Every. Single. Year.

2. It doesn’t affect the entire state. 

Sorry. Winter sucks. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Not really depressing, more awesome (in the "awe" way, the original definition):

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Local reports are saying that Lake Superior will likely have 25' waves.   Wind gusts up to 50 mph are expected.  There is still freighter traffic on the lake.  Lake Michigan will be a bit calmer at 19' waves!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I like looking at the GFS model for North America. 

Hit GFS in the upper box and then NAMER in the lower box. 

It is interesting to let all the images load and just hit the right arrow on the keyboard to see how things move. 

You can see how the cold air mass from Canada is just pushing down into the planes and expanding towards the east cost. It just hinges around the low pressure up in Canada. The closer together the dark lines, the higher the wind will be. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Not really depressing, more awesome (in the "awe" way, the original definition):

Presque Isle can’t be too much more that 7.5 feet above lake level. With wind driven waves, the whole island may get washed over. Will the city waterfront flood in Erie?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

All these optimistic people with their long-term golf plans, outings and so forth and here we just broke the weather. For good this time I think

40-degree drop in four hours or something like that. 

It will NEVER be warm again. 

😭

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last round of 2022 in 55 degree weather in Philly and the ponds were still frozen. You can see four balls on the surface. One of the guys I played with hit a poor shot that bounced off the pond onto the green about 10 feet from the pin. It would have been a better story if he made the birdie. 

frozen pond.jpg

• Funny 1

Bill M

• 3 weeks later...

Going though a really shitty winter here. Between snow and cold, courses haven't been open since early December. Based on the forecast, they're not going to be open for another couple of weeks, either. Last winter, I didn't play until March, when I was in Arizona. It is currently shaping up to be a similar year. Hell, I'm not even sure when I'll be able to hit balls outside.

This is unusual for Colorado. I had a couple year streak of playing at least 9 holes in every months. Most years, it's warm enough that courses will be open in the winter. Not last year, and maybe not this year, either.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Going though a really shitty winter here. Between snow and cold, courses haven't been open since early December. Based on the forecast, they're not going to be open for another couple of weeks, either. Last winter, I didn't play until March, when I was in Arizona. It is currently shaping up to be a similar year. Hell, I'm not even sure when I'll be able to hit balls outside.

This is unusual for Colorado. I had a couple year streak of playing at least 9 holes in every months. Most years, it's warm enough that courses will be open in the winter. Not last year, and maybe not this year, either.

Sorry, man.

We pretty much always have to shut it down from sometime in November until March. Every so often we get what I like to call "Bonus Golf" which is any rounds that get played in December, January or February. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Every so often we get what I like to call "Bonus Golf" which is any rounds that get played in December, January or February. 

I actually got out for nine at the home course on Saturday. Was second-guessing it on my way to the tee box, but it wasn't that bad once we got moving. 

Might not happen again for a bit though from the looks of the long-range forecast.

Yes, the end of Winter Golf has arrived. I played five rounds since 12/31/2022 but it looks like last Thursday was the end for a while. The extended forecast for the next 10 days shows high temperatures each day of 32 (f) degrees or less. We have a very thin snow cover, but more snow is predicted for Wednesday. It was a good run. The clubs are going in the basement again. Time will tell when they see action again.

Brian Kuehn

• 1 year later...

Time to bump this thread!

My wife and kids are going out of town next from Tuesday-Saturday. Was looking forward to some after work golf and at least 18 on Saturday. Welp, we have a massive snowstorm that has dropped 13" at my house and is still supposed to go on for another 18 hours or so. That said, my Titleist loyalty promotion golf balls are supposedly out for delivery today. We'll see if they show up, but it will be some kick in the nuts to get 4 dozen golf balls with over a foot of snow on the ground.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

47 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

It will be some kick in the nuts to get 4 dozen golf balls with over a foot of snow on the ground.

Well said.

NaturalHardtofindAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif.aa1dc0393657801fdea7fae119f52a9a.gif

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.