IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

It's so bad, in the "What did you shoot today?" thread, I keep getting tempted to post "myself". Zero degrees where I am. With 6-10 inches this weekend.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's so bad, in the "What did you shoot today?" thread, I keep getting tempted to post "myself".

Zero degrees where I am. With 6-10 inches this weekend.

Yep, we're 90 minutes apart and sharing in the misery. Tonight calls for a stop at the state store to pick up a few buddies.. you know, Jack, Jose and Johnny. They should help get me through the hell that is this storm moving in...

Yep, we're 90 minutes apart and sharing in the misery. Tonight calls for a stop at the state store to pick up a few buddies.. you know, Jack, Jose and Johnny. They should help get me through the hell that is this storm moving in...

My wife is extremely upset that she's sick and cannot drink with the weather. As for me, despite loving your buddies, I have a mostly full bottle of Vodka that will be keeping me company this weekend. It's my wife's birthday too, so she's really extra special double happy. Oh well, more vodka for me. Worst winter ever!

—Adam

KC is getting hit with a snow storm this weekend too...

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/480#post_955955"] Still making ice on the lakes up north.

Which state?[/quote] Wisconsin.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Marengo looks close to Lake Superior, did you get a chance to walk out over the ice on the lake to see the frozen caves? My wife was talking about driving up there but we had other stuff to take care of so we had to pass on it this year.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

I am going bowling tomorrow........golf is out of the question!!!!

My 11yr old kid barely weighs 75lbs soaking wet, but he has a 266 game under his belt.  He chucks the ball 2-handed with authority like Jason Belmonte.

Bowling stories, anyone?  LOL

The nearest ball on the top rack is his plastic spare ball.......he blew it up!  We are picking up his replacement tomorrow morning at 11am........he is excited about that!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

This is my damn propane tank! [IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/smellysell/2014-02-28172329_zpsb2ce7f2f.png[/IMG]

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Helena.....that is severe!  At least you have the Golf Channel thing working for you!!  You can watch the big break!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

Marengo looks close to Lake Superior, did you get a chance to walk out over the ice on the lake to see the frozen caves? My wife was talking about driving up there but we had other stuff to take care of so we had to pass on it this year.

I have not had a chance to make it out there yet. It is probably around an hour drive from home, so I have still been thinking about trying to get there. I spoke with a national park employee a few weeks back while looking at a job in the area. He said if at all possible to make it on a week day. It sounds like there has been so many people there on weekends, the line of cars can be 5 miles long!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

My 11yr old kid barely weighs 75lbs soaking wet, but he has a 266 game under his belt.  He chucks the ball 2-handed with authority like Jason Belmonte.

The nearest ball on the top rack is his plastic spare ball.......he blew it up!  We are picking up his replacement tomorrow morning at 11am........he is excited about that!!

That's awesome @BuckeyeNut !

I do have a bowling story.  When I was in 9th grade I was in a Candlepin bowling league with my friends.  Candlepins are the small pins and we use a small ball.  I was an average bowler with a score around 90-100.  I was having a bit of trouble in school at the time and it was suggested that I get my eyes examined.  Sure enough, I needed glasses.

The next round at the bowling league I shot the league high single of 151.  I had five strikes in a row, which is tough in Candlepin.  My best friend at the time was more excited than me.  My grades also improved immensely because I could actually see the blackboard!  I got a nice trophy at the end of the season.

Addendum to the story:  Fast forward six years. I am a junior in engineering school looking for a summer internship.  I am interviewing with a Procter & Gamble recruiter.  He asks the usual questions and then asks the following:

"Up to this point in your life, what has been your greatest achievement?"

Without hesitation I answer, "I won a bowling trophy in 9th grade."

He laughed so hard, he hired me.

I still have the trophy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

That's awesome @BuckeyeNut !

I do have a bowling story.  When I was in 9th grade I was in a Candlepin bowling league with my friends.  Candlepins are the small pins and we use a small ball.  I was an average bowler with a score around 90-100.  I was having a bit of trouble in school at the time and it was suggested that I get my eyes examined.  Sure enough, I needed glasses.

The next round at the bowling league I shot the league high single of 151.  I had five strikes in a row, which is tough in Candlepin.  My best friend at the time was more excited than me.  My grades also improved immensely because I could actually see the blackboard!  I got a nice trophy at the end of the season.

Addendum to the story:  Fast forward six years. I am a junior in engineering school looking for a summer internship.  I am interviewing with a Procter & Gamble recruiter.  He asks the usual questions and then asks the following:

"Up to this point in your life, what has been your greatest achievement?"

Without hesitation I answer, "I won a bowling trophy in 9th grade."

He laughed so hard, he hired me.

I still have the trophy.

Okay 5 strikes with candlepins is impressive (I hate candlepin bowl fyi) and lol at "blackboard".... we're so old now...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

The fact that it's 31* and feels like 17* I can deal with. Unfortunately couldn't hit balls into my net because, as you can see: There's snow everywhere except on the pavement and I had no where to tie my net down to and it couldn't stand up to the 13MPH wind. :doh: And this after I help this little guy who got into my house and has a bum leg. Hopefully the vet can help him. Oh, well, maybe tomorrow.:pound:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

So basically, in the middle of winter, you got a birdie without a net. 8)

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Okay 5 strikes with candlepins is impressive (I hate candlepin bowl fyi) and lol at "blackboard".... we're so old now...

Funny thing is we didn't have any other kind of bowling available.  It was only candlepin.

As for blackboard, I remember the "treat" in elementary school was getting to clap the chalk out of the erasers outside to help the teacher..  Now you would have to wear a hazmat suit.

Supposed to snow overnight tonight.  We are getting spared on this one with maybe an inch or two.  Looks like the DC area is going to get pounded.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Stoopid snow... I am fairly sure we won't be playing golf until late May up here. Had someone telling me a story about a snow storm in June here... I got sick to my stomach.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I remember one on April 1st when I was a senior in college.  We had rugby practice outside while it was snowing.  I caught a chest cold.  Turned into pneumonia.  I was out of school for a week.  So I agree with your feelings on late winter/spring snow. :pound:

Scott

My Swing Thread