IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

[QUOTE name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/486#post_956605"]
Okay 5 strikes with candlepins is impressive (I hate candlepin bowl fyi) and lol at "blackboard".... we're so old now...
[/QUOTE] Funny thing is we didn't have any other kind of bowling available.  It was only candlepin.   As for blackboard, I remember the "treat" in elementary school was getting to clap the chalk out of the erasers outside to help the teacher..  Now you would have to wear a hazmat suit. Supposed to snow overnight tonight.  We are getting spared on this one with maybe an inch or two.  Looks like the DC area is going to get pounded.

I remember clapping the erasers as well. We would smack them on the side of the brick wall to make "graffiti".

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They would not let us clap erasers. God knows I wanted to sooo bad...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Damn snow! It snowed yesterday so the courses are closed this morning. It's suppose to stay in the 20's all day so no golf this weekend - just like last weekend. I hate this winter. It's suppose to be back in to 50's tomorrow (figures) and even may hit 70' s on Thursday. Knowing what this winter has been like, it'll probably snow on Saturday again.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Snow has cleared and it's 55* today. Had plans to play but my wife came down with the flu last night and now I'm watching the kids. 6-10in tonight and tomorrow morning.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

We should not have to look at this too much longer...

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Comment on Milwaukee pic above.  Certainly share your pain in NE Ohio, brother!  My wife stumbled on a national weather service March forecast for midwest and northeast.  More of the same with frequent bouts of snow followed by well below normal temp conditions.  They don't see a departure from current weather patterns through the end of March.

The rest of spring is also shaping up for colder than normal temps and wetter than normal.  Boy, isn't this something to look forward to.  If decent weather doesn't show up (again!) until sometime mid-june, the 'what did you shoot today' thread might become ME!!!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

So I went to a terrible driving range today, and hit the first balls with my own clubs since mid January. It felt good to hit some shots and, for the most part, I hit the ball pretty well. Took a while to get everything down though.

Tonight, and a couple times this coming week, more snow is expected, followed by low temps so it won't melt much. And of course the ground will be so wet when it melts that we need a few more days to dry and drain out.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

I hope you're right, but the Farmer's Almanac, the same source that predicted correctly the winter we are having, predicts a wintery March with some good snow storms. Sorry, I hope they're wrong, we'll see.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

I hope you're right, but the Farmer's Almanac, the same source that predicted correctly the winter we are having, predicts a wintery March with some good snow storms. Sorry, I hope they're wrong, we'll see.

We're screwed. Farmer's almanac is rarely off.

Just trying to think positively... ;)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Weather is a very 'trendy' thing. Depending on cycles like ocean warmth or cooling, among many other things, systems seem to repeat themselves for periods (seasons) of time.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Weather is a very 'trendy' thing. Depending on cycles like ocean warmth or cooling, among many other things, systems seem to repeat themselves for periods (seasons) of time.

I was thinking it was more like an "a$$hole" thing than trendy...

Well, it seems we dodged a bullet here.   Last night they were predicting 7-10".   Now they are saying 1-3" and it is gonna struggle to get the 1".  I just hope this is the last of it (the OFA seems to indicate it is)..

The long range forecast is calling for warming up starting later this week.    Hopefully, golf is in my very near future!!

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Im ready to play me and my buddy joke everyday about gettin out and playin before we die or i get the text saying im moving packin my clubs u comin with? Haha Sittin in the middle of a snowstorm right now with ice in southwest ohio not looking like golf anytime soon :(

Well heck. Today was almost like a Spring day and I thought Winter was gone for good around here. Haven't watched a forecast in a while but just saw where another winter storm is supposed to come in tonight with freezing rain and colder temps...AGAIN.

[IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/smellysell/20140302_140801_zps66de28c6.jpg[/IMG] That was f$*#ing miserable!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

[IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/smellysell/20140302_140801_zps66de28c6.jpg[/IMG] That was f$*#ing miserable!

Beautiful country though. Every time I drive through Montana, I think I should move there.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II