IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Started out at -3 today at 7:00 am. Now it's -5 at 8:00 am.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The morning news reminded us that here in NE Ohio in 2012, we had a stretch of like 3 weeks in the high 50s and 60s and St. Patrick's Day weekend was in the mid 70s (we golfed on St. Patrick's Day and it was 77 and sunny!). I remember this clearly, unfortunately, because I had a really bad stomach virus which caused me to cut my round short after 4 holes because I was hanging onto a tree and chucking my brains out (12 hours of agony!).

Hopefully we get some of that heat back and soon! We're going to hit 50+ for 2 days and then drop back down to 29 and slowly climb back to the 30s. Then, we drop back to 29 on Sunday. This is absolutely insane and I can't take it anymore....

The glacier in my front yard is down to 3 feet deep. But the back yard has some grass showing!  So there is hope.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Wednesday-Thursday-Friday are supposed to be 46-54-47˚

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I flew down to Northern Virginia to visit friends Saturday to Tuesday, and planned to play as much golf as possible.  Played 18 Saturday and Sunday, and woke up this morning to 8 inches of snow on the ground.  Not exactly the ideal golf trip conditions.  Just cannot escape the white stuff this winter.

I know this might not be much comfort in light of the weather, but there is one thing that you guys have that those of us who play year round don't....

.....that very first day.  That glorious Spring day when the grass is showing a hint of green, the sky is crystal blue, and you can smell the earth returning to life.  Standing on that first tee box, with the entire, wonderful season stretching ahead of you, with all the excitement, hopes and dreams for the new golf year.

I miss that, I really do.  No, I wouldn't give up 4 months of golf to get it back, but DAMN , I miss that......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I know this might not be much comfort in light of the weather, but there is one thing that you guys have that those of us who play year round don't....

.....that very first day.  That glorious Spring day when the grass is showing a hint of green, the sky is crystal blue, and you can smell the earth returning to life.  Standing on that first tee box, with the entire, wonderful season stretching ahead of you, with all the excitement, hopes and dreams for the new golf year.

I miss that, I really do.  No, I wouldn't give up 4 months of golf to get it back, but DAMN, I miss that......

... ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I know this might not be much comfort in light of the weather, but there is one thing that you guys have that those of us who play year round don't.... .....that very first day.  That glorious Spring day when the grass is showing a hint of green, the sky is crystal blue, and you can smell the earth returning to life.  Standing on that first tee box, with the entire, wonderful season stretching ahead of you, with all the excitement, hopes and dreams for the new golf year. I miss that, I really do.  No, I wouldn't give up 4 months of golf to get it back, but DAMN , I miss that......

you are right, it's no comfort...

I miss that, I really do.  No, I wouldn't give up 4 months of golf to get it back, but DAMN, I miss that......

I enjoyed that day last Sunday.  A quick 2.5 hour round at about 60* with clear skies.  It was great.

This sunday night we got 8 inches of snow.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I played in a 2 day tournament Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday was almost 70 degrees, and I was burning up in the slacks and golf shirt I was wearing.

Sunday was 35 and sleeting. I was wearing 4 layers and was still cold. Not to mention we got about an inch and a half of snow last night.

Today it's about 40, and the snow's already melted, and tomorrow it will be 68. Weather has never made me so frustrated before. :censored:

WITB 

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, 9*, Fubuki ZT X-Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 15*, Aldila NV X-Stiff Shaft

5 Wood: Taylormade Burner Superfast 18*, Aldila NV X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: Callaway Apex Pro, 4-PW, TT XP 95 S300 Shafts

Wedges: Tour Edge TGS 52* and 56*, Taylormade Z-Spin 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #9

One of our local courses is opening this week, but I really am not sure if it will be worth it. It will literally be an absolute mud pit. They do have concrete cart-paths and they'll obviously make it CP only, but the damage will still be done on Friday with people calling off work to hit the course on a day that should be flirting with 60.

Still not sure if I'd be up for that mess. I'm dying to golf, but I want reasonable results. Plugging every drive and layup isn't fun, so maybe I'll just hit the range.

I was looking at the 10 day forecast for michigan, and it is unimpressive.

I just did the same thing - the next 2 weeks don't get any better. Normally golf in March is possible, but April for certain. This year, not so sure. It will have to change in a hurry if there is going to be any chance of golf before the middle of April, if then. :cry:

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

David, David, David.  I have a solution for you.  Write yourself a note in your pocket telling yourself that it is the start of a brand new season . Then, just when you get to the course, bang your head on the hood of your car inducing short term memory loss.  Voila!

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just got some good and bad news from my local course. Good news: there is a layer of ice on every green. Why is this good news? All the poa annua will be gone, and nothing but silky smooth bent grass will remain. :-) Bad news: even if we get a warm April, the course will be so wet that they won't open until mid May at the earliest.

We will probably have a lot of grass killed because of the snow.

Just got some good and bad news from my local course.

Good news: there is a layer of ice on every green. Why is this good news? All the poa annua will be gone, and nothing but silky smooth bent grass will remain.

Bad news: even if we get a warm April, the course will be so wet that they won't open until mid May at the earliest.

Most public courses in Ohio don't give a shit about that. The courses here will be open later this week if the temperatures warm up a bit to get people out there. Heck if there was no snow, courses would be open if it was even bellow 30 degrees.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: