IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

March 26:  Woke up to another 6" of snow and 12 degrees in NE Ohio this morning.

Note to Old Man Winter:  Leave NOW!!!

Golf league starts next week.  I don't see any 'golf weather' in the 10-day forecast, either.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

March 26:  Woke up to another 6" of snow and 12 degrees in NE Ohio this morning.

Note to Old Man Winter:  Leave NOW!!!

Golf league starts next week.  I don't see any 'golf weather' in the 10-day forecast, either.

dave

Fox 8 is at least calling for 60 on Monday. If it's 40+ and not overly muddy, I'll try to get out on Sunday.

No snow on Long Island either, just really cold and windy.  Unfortunately the weekend looks like a washout.

I'd be out playing if it were just rain, but the amount of rain this weekend and the already soft conditions will turn things into a mud pile. Hopefully most courses will do some aeration so they will drain, and get a few days of light play for them to recover a bit. Needs more sun though.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Now I am starting to get the bug to be out playing badly. We still have snow drifts about 10 feet high and a solid layer on the ground a few feet deep. This is the deepest snow pack Northern Maine has had for a long long time this late in the year. Some warmer temps are coming so hoping to have a quick melt and still be out playing in early May, I hope..lol. Luckily the school owns an Optishot so a few kids and I play on it twice a week which has helped out a bit but still craving to be out on a real course.

Now I am starting to get the bug to be out playing badly. We still have snow drifts about 10 feet high and a solid layer on the ground a few feet deep. This is the deepest snow pack Northern Maine has had for a long long time this late in the year. Some warmer temps are coming so hoping to have a quick melt and still be out playing in early May, I hope..lol. Luckily the school owns an Optishot so a few kids and I play on it twice a week which has helped out a bit but still craving to be out on a real course.

I feel sorry for you guys up there. At least here I can go out in the yard for a few minutes and hit some balls even when the weather isn't good enough for a round of golf.

I was doing slow motion swings in the living room while watching TV tonight and then hit a few Almost Golf Balls into a curtain. I liked a certain "feel" I stumbled on and took a flashlight out in the yard and hit 8 balls with a PW. Couldn't see where they were landing but they all sounded like they landed in the same place, and they all felt good.

In the morning I'll go down there and see what my grouping was like. :-D

Good thing I don't have neighbors too close or they would routinely think I was completely nuts.

I feel sorry for you guys up there. At least here I can go out in the yard for a few minutes and hit some balls even when the weather isn't good enough for a round of golf. I was doing slow motion swings in the living room while watching TV tonight and then hit a few Almost Golf Balls into a curtain. I liked a certain "feel" I stumbled on and took a flashlight out in the yard and hit 8 balls with a PW. Couldn't see where they were landing but they all sounded like they landed in the same place, and they all felt good. In the morning I'll go down there and see what my grouping was like. :-D Good thing I don't have neighbors too close or they would routinely think I was completely nuts.

For what it's worth, I think you're completely nuts! :)

[QUOTE name="awmgolfer" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/720#post_968011"]   Now I am starting to get the bug to be out playing badly. We still have snow drifts about 10 feet high and a solid layer on the ground a few feet deep. This is the deepest snow pack Northern Maine has had for a long long time this late in the year. Some warmer temps are coming so hoping to have a quick melt and still be out playing in early May, I hope..lol. Luckily the school owns an Optishot so a few kids and I play on it twice a week which has helped out a bit but still craving to be out on a real course. [/QUOTE] I feel sorry for you guys up there. At least here I can go out in the yard for a few minutes and hit some balls even when the weather isn't good enough for a round of golf. I was doing slow motion swings in the living room while watching TV tonight and then hit a few Almost Golf Balls into a curtain. I liked a certain "feel" I stumbled on and took a flashlight out in the yard and hit 8 balls with a PW. Couldn't see where they were landing but they all sounded like they landed in the same place, and they all felt good. In the morning I'll go down there and see what my grouping was like. :-D Good thing I don't have neighbors too close or they would routinely think I was completely nuts.

Pics of the group in the morning??

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Pics of the group in the morning??

Ha ha! If they are anything like my normal grouping I would have to have an airplane to get the pic.

There's an apple tree and a pine tree about 20 yards apart down there and none of them hit those trees, so that's a good sign and a little unusual, but no telling.

And they're off (cue up the horse racing bugel/bugle/horn?)

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/Area-golf-courses-open-for-spring-252923571.html

One of the local Milwaukee muni courses opened up today, according to the local paper.

I'm going to take a lunch-walk on Monday over to the near to work course to see how spongy it is.

This is good because I just picked up a new to me TM R11S which just about completes my club upgrade/updates for this year.  Wedges will be sorted out once I get a few rounds in.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

It was suppose to snow this morning and suppose to turn into rain this afternoon... guess what? Only SNOW. :(

• Administrator

http://whisperingwoodsgc.com opens tomorrow. Current predicted high: 36° with snow flurries.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sheesh our spring weather is no better than the winter weather. I'd rather have cold and mild to warm and very windy. I used a gift card to prepay a discounted time for Sun, which happens to be nonrefundable due to the discount, after seeing the 73* forecast. Now that's changed to 73 with 22 mph wind with gusts over 35 mph just a few days later. We have the same gusts today, no way I could golf in that. Oh well.

Dave :-)

Weather forecast (that I watched yesterday): Mostly sunny with light winds and 68 degrees. Rain will have moved out by late Friday night. Actual conditions (when I decided to play golf): 9:00 AM. Thick fog. Visibility about 50 yards. Temps mid 40s. 10:00 AM. Rain beginning and wind picking up to 20 mph. Temps lower 40s. 11:00 AM. Rain getting lighter (briefly giving hope) but wind picking up to 25 mph. Temps lower 40s. 12:10 PM. Hell breaks loose. Gale force winds and heavy rain. Temps lower 40s. (Miserable). Felt like I was playing in a cold hurricane most of the morning. I want to be a weatherman. It's the only job I can think of where you can be totally wrong every single time and still keep your job!!!!

A "physics" reason why winter is awesome :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

A "physics" reason why winter is awesome

On all of those nights I spent hanging from dragline booms and gantries 350 feet in the air at below zero temps I developed a rather large list of words to describe winter.

"Awesome" wasn't on the list. ;-)

We got dumped on last week and things are lookin a bit better soon... why can't I live in Florida?

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Everyone is pissed here. No one talks about anything except when winter is going to end.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"