IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Anyone from northern VT or NH?

My gf's parents live in northern VT and we're headed there this weekend.  I'm going to try and convince her father to play a round with me on Saturday and she's trying to rain on my parade by saying there's snow on the ground.  Can anyone confirm/deny?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone from northern VT or NH? My gf's parents live in northern VT and we're headed there this weekend.  I'm going to try and convince her father to play a round with me on Saturday and she's trying to rain on my parade by saying there's snow on the ground.  Can anyone confirm/deny?

You are not playing up there. Closest course is probably 2.5 or more hours away. The only courses open in NH are close to the Massachusetts border.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Driving range FINALLY opened!

:dance::dance::dance:

Time to start storing the clubs in the trunk of the car so I ready when opportunity knocks. Could have hit balls this morning if I hadn't left the ****ing clubs at home!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Right on. I am ready for the summer depression thread. Had to mow the lawn for the first time yesterday. Course conditions are still winter like here despite a few attempting to clean up the greens by mowing. Home course actually aerated more than a week ago. This is a frustrating time of year. Weather is summer like but the course looks and plays like it's Jan. Which sucks because we are just 5 days away from posting for handicap again.

Dave :-)

Right on. I am ready for the summer depression thread. Had to mow the lawn for the first time yesterday. Course conditions are still winter like here despite a few attempting to clean up the greens by mowing. Home course actually aerated more than a week ago. This is a frustrating time of year. Weather is summer like but the course looks and plays like it's Jan. Which sucks because we are just 5 days away from posting for handicap again.

We don't really have a spring. It was pretty hot this last weekend and some days during the week.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Got to play on my first course of the year last night!!!

I played terrible....but had a smile on my face the entire time.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I feel like I can no longer participate in this thread because winter is over in KC..........it's golf season!!

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Courses starting to open this week, got out today and posted a solid 86.

Whats in my bag:

:nike: SQ Dymo2 Driver

Triumph Fairway Woods

:nike: VRs X Irons

:nike: VR V-Rev Wedge

:mizuno: Putter

Played a round yesterday, hope to play another tomorrow.

69 degrees 10-15 mph wind yesterday, forecast tomorrow 73 degrees and 9 mph.

Sunday 6" heavy wet snow, gusts to 24 mph, high 36 degrees.

Springtime in the Rockies, gotta love it!

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

We had a 45° temp drop in less than 48 hours. On Saturday and Sunday, we were 75-80°. Today, it's 32° with 2" of fresh snow. It's supposed to be 60 by Thursday though. I just hope it's not soaking wet by the weekend. My round on Saturday was frustrating when literally every shot was plugging, even approach shots to greens.

I have a picture of my ball plugged about 8 feet from the hole on a Par 3 that I will upload later. It took my divot tool and a tee to extract the ball without causing even more damage. I also let the super know at the turn so he could take a look. I just know if I go back there in a week I am going to see a brown, bare hole in the green. They don't take particularly good care of stuff like that.

Hell, one of the greens has a "Ground Under Repair" sign in the back corner, which has been there for literally 3 years, where the deer creep out of the woods and trample the green and eat the grass.

I also woke up to snow today. WTF! :-O

(I knew it was coming, but pretended it wasn't real.)

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

Yep. Calling for 4" here too. :mad: It won't stay but **** me! Enough already!! Uncle! Uncle!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

I posted this at 7:40-ish on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/mzzYzXyYOZ/

We have quite a bit more snow now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets