IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Got an email from my club. Poa annua is dead and nothing but bent grass remains on the greens. [quote]The greens (putting green excepted) weathered the winter terrifically. Members will note that there are some spots on some of the greens. This is a good thing - dead poa annua - and an opportunity from the creeping bent grass to reclaim these areas.[/quote]

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I still haven't played. I'm going bananas.

Ouch! It's been around 25 degrees Celsius in Toronto the past few days.

Short of living in the artic, every willing golfer should have played by now.....it's mid may for Gods sake. There should be no excuses.....

I can't believe this thread is still going! It's almost summer....c'mon already!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

We are entering the early part of our winter now here in South Africa, while you guys in the US and Canada enjoy your early summer. It rarely snows here (apart from mountain range areas), but it still gets bitterly cold and our golf courses turn yellow, hard and ugly. I am depressed already.

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

We are entering the early part of our winter now here in South Africa, while you guys in the US and Canada enjoy your early summer. It rarely snows here (apart from mountain range areas), but it still gets bitterly cold and our golf courses turn yellow, hard and ugly. I am depressed already.

Aaaaah yes...the southern hemisphere!

I'd love to spend a year down under to experience the southern skies.   I'd love to take my 16" with me......

That would be a blast!!   During the day, I'll play golf........of course!  hahaha

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:

• 3 weeks later...
As I walked off the course today, I heard some old man complaining about how the winter ruined the courses. I immediately thought about this thread. He was really emotional about it though.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

• 3 months later...

Hahaha....YIKES!  It's been hotter than hell here in KC in recent weeks, but we are feeling the cooling trend too.  Today was cool.....We've been in the 90s since like forever, but the forecast high for tomorrow is 57!! WHAT??  The extended forecast shows comfortable highs in the 70s.   Fall is depressing for me because it represents the end of summer and the coming winter.

What's in Paul's Bag:

It was hovering just below 50 today and a little rainy when I went out and played a practice round. Actually had to wear long pants and a light jacket.

The good side of a day like today is that hardly anyone else is crazy enough to play. With the exception of a foursome, I had the entire course to myself. In that regard, it will only get better until they shut it down in a couple of months.

Jon

Looks to be a long tired winter as evidenced by the "Happy No Tee Time Mr. President, Happy No Tee Time To You" as sung by Mr. Trump and his army.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
Looks to be a long tired winter as evidenced by the "Happy No Tee Time Mr. President, Happy No Tee Time To You" as sung by Mr. Trump and his army.

Keep the politics elsewhere eh? This is not the Grill Room.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As much rain as we had this summerr leads me me to believe we will get hammered this winter. I can't think of any summer it rained more. Hasn't started snowing yet but it will, down in the 30's now.

Dave :-)

Won't you know it. I have a tee time at 7:45 this morning and ........ It snowed!!!! At least I got my iPhone 6 preorder in.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Won't you know it. I have a tee time at 7:45 this morning and ........ It snowed!!!!

:bugout:

Y'all need to MOVE!

I can't wait for November.....hopefully we'll get a little cooler weather by then.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

:bugout: Y'all need to MOVE! I can't wait for November.....hopefully we'll get a little cooler weather by then.

I am planning a trip to flawridar this November... by then it will seem hot there for me.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"