IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

It's been over three weeks since I touched the clubs. Hopefully I'll get another round in for the white death start coating the ground.

Just make a "business trip" down to So. Cal. We'll (So. Cal. golfers and me, of course) take you to some courses around here. Temperature is finally dropping to a comfortable level.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's been over three weeks since I touched the clubs. Hopefully I'll get another round in for the white death start coating the ground.

Supposing I've got the free time for it, I'll go anytime the temperature is over 40 and the ground isn't frozen. If you ever find the chance, just let me know.

I haven't played in about that long either.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Seasons winding down ... if we're lucky have a couple months left.    I've got in about 85 rounds so far - feeling kind of beat up.    Kind of glad we don't play in the winter - the old bones need an off season to recover (I'm sure my sentiments will change about late January when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground and I'm jonesing to play...)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

It is a bummer, but I'll stay positive and save the usual green fees money for some new gear, I'm thinking it's new driver time...

Here in Vancouver we can golf pretty much year round.

My course is closed for probably 4 weeks in total during the winter months (snow or lots of rain).

Just picked up my new set of Galvin Green rain gear (Angus jacket and Alf pants).

Previously owned top of the line Sun Ice and Foot Joy stuff.

Galvin Green is by far the best but a bit expensive.

Ready for winter golf now.

Just make a "business trip" down to So. Cal. We'll (So. Cal. golfers and me, of course) take you to some courses around here. Temperature is finally dropping to a comfortable level.

Still pretty nice here in N Ca supposed to reach 80 sunday.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Still pretty nice here in N Ca supposed to reach 80 sunday.

Yeah, it's finally cooling down here too.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

We've had below 10 C and rain and windy lately. I might get in some more rounds, but I just don't find the fun in playing when it's windy. Mostly it's because I've got lots of work in school and have a hard time putting off time for golf. This is the time of year I wish I'd migrate somewhere south for six months.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

What is the coldest temperature you will play in? I typically stop once it drops below 55, but I do get the itch on a few cold sunny days when I haven't played in a while!!

Adams XTD Driver Callaway Big Bertha 3-wood Adams Pro One Hybrid Ping S55 4-PW KBS Tour Titelist Vokey 52, 56, 60 Odyssey Versa #7 I play The Wheel weekly, and live and die for 2 down auto's

What is the coldest temperature you will play in?

I typically stop once it drops below 55, but I do get the itch on a few cold sunny days when I haven't played in a while!!

I played at about 45 degrees a couple weeks ago. Didn't bother me any. The rain and hail that came on the other hand....

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Fingers crossed.  It's Tuesday.  Sunday forecast shows mostly sunny, 66 degrees with very light winds.  Problem is in NE Ohio, Sunday's forecast could change to snow between now and then.

I'll make the call on Saturday and schedule something for us if Sunday still looks promising.  Running out of golf days this year!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

43° and spitting rain...debating on playing.... Would have two hours before steady rain...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Fingers crossed.  It's Tuesday.  Sunday forecast shows mostly sunny, 66 degrees with very light winds.  Problem is in NE Ohio, Sunday's forecast could change to snow between now and then.

I'll make the call on Saturday and schedule something for us if Sunday still looks promising.  Running out of golf days this year!

dave

Wow, you guys have real weather. It was a balmy 57F here in So. Cal. this morning. Got out there in the/a fog and played in the/a fog for 4 holes. :whistle:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I ran through a couple puddles that had frozen and were thawing as the sun came up last week, grass was crispy too. Back to summer this week with temps in the 80/45 range.

Dave :-)

I played Sunday here in Michigan and they wiped ice off of the top of the cart.   My tee time was around 2PM EST.    The day started with a heavy frost and 28º.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny