IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Thanks. You need a 'plan B' over here in the UK in case the weather gets ridiculous to play :)

Here too but I don't have the height in my garage for this setup and I probably should start using my dining room as a dining room instead of a hitting range...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here too but I don't have the height in my garage for this setup and I probably should start using my dining room as a dining room instead of a hitting range...

I was just fed up in the last 2 winters losing practice time so I built a garage to beat the 'winter depression' that this thread is about. Plan to really work on my swing over the winter but with a GC2 you can work on you wedge yardages pretty well and I've got a few courses to play for fun.

I had the golf sim in mind so I made sure I had more than enough height to fit it in. I'm 6'1'' but it's plenty high enough downstairs:

Blends in pretty well:

Put in a mat in my 'field' next to my house as well:

Inside I've got what's called a Carcoon incase a ball goes astray in there (bit precious about my car but this keeps her safe):

Even put in a '19th hole' upstairs, still need to decorate a bit though. Needless to say I have a very tolerant wife :)

But I think the best 'room' is the little platform I added at the top of the steps:

So anyway, that's my plan to beat the winter depression - Pebble beach then to the bar :)

Pete Iveson

@Nosevi , looks awesome. Looking for any friends this winter? :)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Yeah, @Nosevi ave another season so I can justify something like that!

Looks really awesome!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Thanks guys, I am pretty pleased with it. No idea how I got it past 'the boss' :)

The car under the carcoon? BMW? Hard to tell on the phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosevi

Thanks guys, I am pretty pleased with it. No idea how I got it past 'the boss' :)

The car under the carcoon? BMW? Hard to tell on the phone.

As you asked, no, not a BMW. As I said, a VERY tolerant wife :)

Pete Iveson

As you asked, no, not a BMW. As I said, a VERY tolerant wife :) [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/108442/] [/URL]

Are you sure it couldn't use some "speed dimples"? You my friend are living the dream.

Are you sure it couldn't use some "speed dimples"? You my friend are living the dream.

Goes quick enough as she is, thanks. And yep, I'm not complaining :)

Pete Iveson

I'm going to have to toughen up before the Saturday game tomorrow. Temperature is supposed to be 29 degrees (not too bad) but with 28 mph winds (a game changer) and chance of flurries.

Not ready for that yet.

Snow is on the ground outside my house. Started last night.

And so it begins.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Snow is on the ground outside my house. Started last night. And so it begins.

Supposed to snow here tonight. :(

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

They just called off our game. The pansies didn't want to play. (Just joking).

I would have played if everybody wanted to play but I was secretly happy that they all chickened out. I figure it would have taken a driver to get to a 140 yard par 3 against this wind.

Oh well, I have some pretty big limbs down out in the yard that I need to pick up today anyway.

• Administrator

I have to rake leaves again. Fortunately, the shitty weather today and yesterday has just about dumped the rest of them, and since I was able to mow on Thursday, it'll be easier to get these.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Looks like I've hit my end for this year. Lots of wind and rain the last weeks, and what with exams coming up, it's hard to find motivation for golf.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1