IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Hmm...I should check my airmiles... :-P Only half joking...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got too much to do tomorrow

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hey, the snow's melted and I have some vacation time I have to burn up ... so played twice this week:

Wednesday (Architects):  ~ 42°F with 18 mph winds.   Tied my best score of the year.

Thursday (Apple Mtn):  ~ 38°F with average 16 mph wind.   Put together my best round ever at a tough course.

Talking serious intestinal fortitude dealing with that wind ... all the guys boasting about their warm weather can suck it !       I'm not giving up my golf for the year without a fight !

:beer:

• Upvote 2

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Hmm...I should check my airmiles... :-P I would not waste air miles traveling to Maine

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

25 degrees with a feels like of 14... I don't think you are missing anything.

same here, 25' and windy makes it feel under 10.....and the ground is frozen, would be like hitting of pavement

Supposed to be 48 today but still sub freezing so maybe not. Bummer because I dressed for golf thinking I could play 9 after work. Won't go if it doesn't get to 40 or better. Walking around it feels fine but on the course in the open with just a little wind and it will feel much colder. I need to get two more rounds in to get my $200 GolfNow reward. I played 73 rounds through 08/31/2014 but haven't booked since.

Dave :-)

^ if I were that close to $200 reward I would book 2 super cheap fake rounds in Fl or someplace ... Did I say that ?? :-)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Couple of questions about winter play in northern climates:

1) Do you post your scores for handicap purposes during winter months?

2) Do you play a different set of tees in cold weather?

3) Do you have a separate set of clubs that you play during wintertime?

My responses:

1) I use colder weather as practice rounds and seldom post winter scores, good or bad, unless the temperatures are above 50°.

2) Since I turned 60 I always play forward tees from November-February.

3) I use a second set of clubs in the winter, a set that I've retired because I got a new set, just because it is fun (for me) to see there are a few good shots left in them.

I love this game! :-P

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I live in PA and we can't post scores past October, so winter play is unposted. Different courses will either have regular tees or put forward tees up. I actually prefer to play forward tees because winter play is few and far between for me. No different set of clubs. I have a single set, with a couple of extra clubs depending on the course I play. For winter the long irons might stay home lest I take my hand off mis-hitting one

—Adam

Couple of questions about winter play in northern climates:

1) Do you post your scores for handicap purposes during winter months?

2) Do you play a different set of tees in cold weather?

3) Do you have a separate set of clubs that you play during wintertime?

1. No, as it is out of season in the frozen mitten.  If I played in FL or AZ I would post those rounds.

2. The two courses that are reliably open despite the time of year, temperatures or conditions are both short courses so there  is not much adjustment needed.  I would move up if I considered the normal yardage too long because of the conditions.

3. No, same old set I always use.

Despite not posting rounds, I will typically play by the Rules.  If the greens are frozen then I consider it practice and don't worry about playing stroke & distance when my ball hits the green, bounces 20 feet in the air and lands 30 yards into the woods.  I also tend to play used balls that I have found recently.  No new Pro V1's or other premium balls.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

So, I'm at my mom's in NYC and tomorrow is supposed to be pretty good weather for winter golf in the northeast. Had my plan all set to borrow my mom's car and then today the car dies so likely no golf for me anytime soon.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I got out on Sat, haven't played much since Aug. I can see what my flaws will be coming out of winter next spring. Going to take a while to get the short game touch back. Full shot game was as usual but I was sloppy around the greens, left a lot of chips short, chunked a few. I made a double stubbing two chips on the same hole. Supposed to be 46 Xmas going to try and talk the step-dad into playing 9.

Dave :-)

The weather guessers have it 52 with a bit of rain tomorrow and I got the day off. Just hoping a bit of rain doesn't turn into a monsoon.

The last I saw, it was morning showers. I was tempted to blow the afternoon off myself. I have one guy on vaca and another out sick. I may be stuck here. :cry:

- Shane

@Golfingdad thanks for reminding me there is no golf until about April here in WI. :-). You had to say that to me when I am home sick with the Flu as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

@Golfingdad thanks for reminding me there is no golf until about April here in WI. . You had to say that to me when I am home sick with the Flu as well.

Yeah, my bad on that.  But just remember who the buttheads were that sarcastically said "June" when I asked. :-P

Yeah, my bad on that.  But just remember who the buttheads were that sarcastically said "June" when I asked. :-P

Jerks. ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black