IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Not exactly "depressed" here in Orange County, but we do have some winter this year: (again ... ORANGE COUNTY HERE) ...

Doesn't this mean The Eagles have to tour again? :-D

It is really strange seeing snow AND palm trees in the same place.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm hoping it won't snow much this winter.  I did the trifecta of preventing snow. I bought a four wheel drive Jeep in July.  Bought a new snow blower in November and got snow shoes for Christmas! :-P

If it works, you have to buy a new Jeep every year :-D [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/1140#post_1089954"]Not exactly "depressed" here in Orange County, but we do have some winter this year: (again ... ORANGE COUNTY HERE) ... [/quote]This reminds me of that time it "rained" over there :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

If it works, you have to buy a new Jeep every year :-D This reminds me of that time it "rained" over there :-P

Lol, we even got some wind the other day too ... In the last week, a winter trifecta! ;)

Still getting some golf in here in Connecticut. Temporary greens some days, actual tees and greens when frost and freezing isn't an issue. Temporary greens aren't any fun, so I usually just go for a walk with a 6-iron and several balls in my pocket. No big deal, but better than nothing. And I do have a heated driving range next to where I work, which should be good enough till I head to Florida later this month. Can't complain!

Lol, we even got some wind the other day too ... In the last week, a winter trifecta! ;)

I don't even know how you put up with it :-D

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I don't even know how you put up with it :-D

Well, if you watch the news anytime there is a storm here, there are actually quite a few of us who DONT put up with it; "Rain in the south land overnight - 7 perish. Story at 11"

Got 18 in today (Architects)... 40 deg F, windy made the best of it. Charcoal hand warmers are the best thing since sliced bread. Worst were the frozen greens - approach shots literally bounce like hitting cart path. Probably last round for a while - winter storm watch tonight

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

50 degrees on Saturday and the rain deep-sixed the greens. Had about an hour to hit the range on Sunday before the temperature dropped like a rock. Hard to guess when the next swing will come.

Played at Links at Summerly in CA. WOW!!! Talk about a course being run down. This course was in a great shape 4 years ago when I last played. But it was nothing but goat pasture. Could be due to drought in CA but at this rate I would be surprised if this course did not go belly up in a year or so. No grass whatsoever to speak of on most of the fairways. Nothing but hard pan dirt.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Played at Links at Summerly in CA. WOW!!! Talk about a course being run down. This course was in a great shape 4 years ago when I last played. But it was nothing but goat pasture. Could be due to drought in CA but at this rate I would be surprised if this course did not go belly up in a year or so.

No grass whatsoever to speak of on most of the fairways. Nothing but hard pan dirt.

Do you know when it was built?  Looking at it on Google Maps, I see nothing but planned (but not built) tract homes all around it.  I'm wondering if maybe it was put up during the 2007 housing fiasco and the whole development never got finished.  But it does look like a dump.

BTW, if you're golfing in Southern California and paying $39 on a weekend morning ... then you should expect a goat pasture.  That is insanely cheap for these parts - even in Lake Elsinore.

BTW, if you're golfing in Southern California and paying $39 on a weekend morning ... then you should expect a goat pasture.  That is insanely cheap for these parts - even in Lake Elsinore.

And there's the reason for some of us to stop belllyaching about the weather. I'll keep the snow and you can keep your prices.

Feeling better already.

We had accumulation for the first time this winter in Pittsburgh.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Getting into the 50's this week hoping for melting next couple of days. We have flurries in the forecast but I may be able to get out this weekend. Though after the sub zero temps and dumping of snow the courses will be in bad shape.

Dave :-)

Really depends on the melt. Those highs will be for just a few hours in the afternoon. My guess is without anymore snow we are a few weeks away from any golf days.

Were you able to get out?

Timber Point.

Here's what may be one of the last holes of the season for us, two birdies waiting, and two birdies missed, of course...

Oh, down by Islip, right?  Is it a public or private course?

Not exactly "depressed" here in Orange County, but we do have some winter this year: (again ... ORANGE COUNTY HERE) ...

Cry me a river! :-P

And there's the reason for some of us to stop belllyaching about the weather. I'll keep the snow and you can keep your prices.

Feeling better already.

Haha, well, it's funny because down in NYC/LI, prices for golf are at least in and around double than in the Capitol Region of Albany three hours to the North.  I guess it depends on how much you can spend on a round.  There's a course in Northwest Long Island that my friend likes to play every once in a while that costs $100 a round in just green fees that he says is a sweet course but I just can't justify to myself.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: