IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Played Thursday, 65 degrees.  Played Friday, 75 degrees.  The only problem with golf around here right now is all the rain we are getting.  Yeah, I know...times are tough. :-D

Hitting net will be here tomorrow. :dance:

It is going to be really freakin cold out and in my garage. I may have to wait for a slight warm up.

...or go buy one of those monster propane heaters for the garage.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do you know when it was built?  Looking at it on Google Maps, I see nothing but planned (but not built) tract homes all around it.  I'm wondering if maybe it was put up during the 2007 housing fiasco and the whole development never got finished.  But it does look like a dump. BTW, if you're golfing in Southern California and paying $39 on a weekend morning ... then you should expect a goat pasture.  That is insanely cheap for these parts - even in Lake Elsinore.

Not sure when it was built. I usually visit relatives in SO. CAL during the holidays and this was the second time we went there. Since it was in a really great shape 4 years ago, we thought it won't have changed that much. But boy was I wrong.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

And there's the reason for some of us to stop belllyaching about the weather. I'll keep the snow and you can keep your prices.

Feeling better already.

Glad I could help.  Here let me try again:  I bought a "discount" card at a local course this year so I don't have to pay full greens fees each time I go out.  The "cheap" rate I get on the weekend mornings is $80.  Come April, my cheap rate is going to be $90.

Glad I could help.  Here let me try again:  I bought a "discount" card at a local course this year so I don't have to pay full greens fees each time I go out.  The "cheap" rate I get on the weekend mornings is $80.  Come April, my cheap rate is going to be $90.

My big ole christmas/birthday/anything else gift for the year is my rates card. That goes at $425. After that I pay $5 per round. Cart would be extra on the occasions I use one. With the rounds I've been playing it averages to about $10 per round.

:bugout: At those rates, I couldn't afford to play golf.

I'm going to buy card for the two muni's near me. Out of county, so $125, but greens fees are cut in half. $31 walking on weekends as opposed to $62. The courses were taken over by a management company a few years ago so I'm hoping they're in better shape than my county's courses. Oh, and $40 for GHIN handicapping services so I'll be a real boy this year ;-)

My big ole christmas/birthday/anything else gift for the year is my rates card. That goes at $425. After that I pay $5 per round. Cart would be extra on the occasions I use one. With the rounds I've been playing it averages to about $10 per round.

That's a great deal.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

At those rates, I couldn't afford to play golf.

I'm going to buy card for the two muni's near me. Out of county, so $125, but greens fees are cut in half. $31 walking on weekends as opposed to $62.

Not true at all.  You'd just only get to play 1/3 to 1/2 as often. :-P

I'm going to buy card for the two muni's near me. Out of county, so $125, but greens fees are cut in half. $31 walking on weekends as opposed to $62. The courses were taken over by a management company a few years ago so I'm hoping they're in better shape than my county's courses. Oh, and $40 for GHIN handicapping services so I'll be a real boy this year

That's a great deal.

I wish this was an option up here.

But, hey, I pay $20 walking at the muni locally here and the course is generally in really good shape and in great shape for that price.  They host an event for the Symetra tour so maybe they think it's important to keep it in good shape.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Not true at all.  You'd just only get to play 1/3 to 1/2 as often. :-P

It looks like that on paper ao you'd think that, but no, the reality of it is, if I had to pay $80 everytime I wanted to play golf, I probably wouldn't. Plus, 1/3 of the rounds at my current rate is bordering on "casual" golfer territory ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It looks like that on paper ao you'd think that, but no, the reality of it is, if I had to pay $80 everytime I wanted to play golf, I probably wouldn't.

Plus, 1/3 of the rounds at my current rate is bordering on "casual" golfer territory

Oh, I agree.  I would never play.  I'd find other uses for the money.  Haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Did you set it up and use it yet?

I sort of set it up to see how hard it would be, but haven't used it. I'm thinking of leaving my car outside this weekend and giving it a go.

- Shane

@CarlSpackler, y ou must have one of those big ole double garages to set up that. All my bruv and I can do in our single-car garage is putt over concrete to a Fosters can with the top cut off.

8 degrees on the commute in today (-10 wind chill) - expected to continue through the weekend.    A couple inches on the ground from last week will not be melting anytime soon ... THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR GOLF !

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

No golf today.  -2° in Pittsburgh this morning. Had to dress the dog in winter attire to take him outside. It reminded me of getting our daughters in their snowsuits when they were young...

• Upvote 1

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

@CarlSpackler, you must have one of those big ole double garages to set up that. All my bruv and I can do in our single-car garage is putt over concrete to a Fosters can with the top cut off.

I do.

- Shane

8 degrees on the commute in today (-10 wind chill) - expected to continue through the weekend.    A couple inches on the ground from last week will not be melting anytime soon ... THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR GOLF !

Yea, it's bad, and I'm working outside this morning, too.

Bill

My Swing Thread