IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

The heated driving range I go to here in New York has large heating tubes over head in each stall. I assume they are heated with natural gas, they do put out a lot of heat. However, given you are in an open stall they really don't work that well on windy days. Yes I have driven balls there when snow was on the ground, kind of weird as the ball disappears into the snow. They do not collect the balls until after the snow melts which on Long Island where I live usually isn't that long. I have never been there when they have run out of balls. They have a huge number of 55 gallon drums filled with balls, but I guess they could run out.

I moved to Florida 2 years ago and it cured my "Winter Depression."  I played Sunday 1/5/14 and it was 80*.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

I moved to Florida 2 years ago and it cured my "Winter Depression."  I played Sunday 1/5/14 and it was 80*.

Not sure I'd want to live in Florida but wouldn't mind being able to spend winter's down there.  Haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's winter and Little_Buck and I have been bowling our Azzes off.........LOL

He's 11 and chucks a 10lb ball with impressive authority 2-handed.......he's a little kid that doesn't weigh 100lbs yet.

Rolling a light 10lb ball is a huge disadvantage, but he somehow managed to score a 254 with it!  He struck 9 times in a row that game!!

He beat his DADDY that game!

I'm proud that he kicked my butt! LOL  I average over 200, so he needs to bowl well for an 11yr old to beat me.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Not sure I'd want to live in Florida but wouldn't mind being able to spend winter's down there.  Haha.

There's a ton of people who do just that.  After Christmas, the golf courses are packed to the gills and slow.  Summer time golf down here is cheap and you have the courses to yourself, you just have to wear a lot of sunscreen and drink a ton of water.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Go Leafs!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Leafs. Losers Even After Forty Seasons. :-P Seriously, they can't even spell "Leaves" right.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Leafs. Losers Even After Forty Seasons. :-P Seriously, they can't even spell "Leaves" right.

My high school mascot was the Patriots. Everybody said "Pates" for short, instead if Pats like a normal person. Even the cheers used "pates." Ugh. Also, we were green and white. Yeah.

Ever since I started golfing last summer, all I can think of is golf. Winter has never sucked more in my life, and all I want to do is practice more... I should seek help.

Never realized the Leafs were the Lions of the NHL.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Never realized the Leafs were the Lions of the NHL.

The Lions have to figure out how to get rid of the " Curse of Bobby Layne ."

It's now 55 years and counting.

NOTE: The Lions are the only NFC team never to have played in the Super Bowl.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Tell the Lion to avoid Wade Phillips.  He has the "Curse of Flutie".  A double curse would be catastrophic!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So after below zero and single digit temps it gets to 60 in Northern New Jersey today.But [U][URL=https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs;=nKW&rls;=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q;=unfortunately&spell;=1&sa;=X&ei;=ifLRUqqEJpG_sQTkkYGYCA&ved;=0CCoQvwUoAA&biw;=1280&bih;=541] unfortunately [/URL][/U] heavy rain made it impossible to practice or play today.But I did get some chipping practice in between downpours.

Backyard?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

[SIZE=16px]It's now 55 years and counting.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16px]NOTE: The Lions are the only NFC team never to have played in the Super Bowl.[/SIZE]

Trust me, I'm well aware.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter