IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Here was my attempt to hit a REALLY long 4i, but the surface of the lake was already wet and slushy. The ball just died on impact.

Cool shot!

Pardon the pun. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here was my attempt to hit a REALLY long 4i, but the surface of the lake was already wet and slushy. The ball just died on impact.

Well done!!!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Cool shot!

Pardon the pun. . .

HA!

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Well done!!!

Thanks. As much as I would have loved to see it skip across the ice for a few hundred yards, I was much happier that the glacial covering was failing.

- Shane

Just saw a news note today that the West Bend Lakes course opened today by West Bend, WI. Still showed a bit of snow covering, and will probably be soggy for a bit, but it is open for play.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I may be hallucinating from not having lunch today, but I think I saw grass today in Connecticut. Y'all remember grass, right? The green stuff that grows out the ground.  Been so long, I didn't even know how to act...so numb from all the cold and snow.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I may be hallucinating from not having lunch today, but I think I saw grass today in Connecticut. Y'all remember grass, right? The green stuff that grows out the ground.  Been so long, I didn't even know how to act...so numb from all the cold and snow.

That's great, I hope for great weather for golf in your region. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Our course just sent out an email stating that the course will open the Back 9 next Tuesday (3/17) and the entire 18 by the weekend (3/21).

Woo Hoo!!

:beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Snow is melting fast in Philly and the hope was that that the course would be playable by Saturday. But the course is soft already and we are supposedly getting a lot of rain Saturday, which probably precludes any golf on Sunday. South Jersey, here I come.

Bill M

Our course just sent out an email stating that the course will open the Back 9 next Tuesday (3/17) and the entire 18 by the weekend (3/21).

Woo Hoo!!

Our courses can't send e-mail yet because the servers are frozen under 2 feet of snow still. :cry:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsgolfer

Woo Hoo!!

Our courses can't send e-mail yet because the servers are frozen under 2 feet of snow still.

That sounds kind of like a harsh environment for the poor servers. They should have little heaters to keep them warm throughout the winter. . .

I should call the SPCTCE (Society of prevention of cruelty to computing equipment. . .)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Shoulda hit a ProV....

Colin P.

I went to the driving range today and thats pretty much what it looked like out there.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have an iron set that was missing the 6iron, found one on Global Golf, just arrived today, a nice way to brighten a nice day in Wisconsin. Not sure if I'll play this set or if I'll trade them in ( which I couldn't do with the missing club ). I'm going to hit a driving range in the next few days and sort out my likes, dislikes, and options. A good way to break out of the winter mode and mindset.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

I went to the driving range today and thats pretty much what it looked like out there.

Same here when I went on Sunday.  The sky was milky and it was hard to see the ball after hitting hit.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Now way! I'm not sacrificing a good ball.

I suppose I could have walked out and retrieved it though.

lol i was just joking about how some think the ProV is the ball of the gods.

Colin P.

From the Green Committee:

Last week’s snow fall made it seem like the golf course would not open until April. But with the rapid melting this week aided by ample sunlight and warmer temperatures, our hopes have been elevated. The concern we have for the golf course at this point is the frost layer underneath the turf. This layer is preventing the water from the melting snow to drain into the soil and creates an unusually soft surface. Also, with the grass roots frozen in this frost layer, any traffic on the surface would shear off the normally 6” long roots down to 1”.

We are aware that the golf course may look ready to accept play but the conditions warrant that it remain closed through the weekend. The golf course will be monitored every day to identify the earliest day the course can open for play.

Bill M