Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

From the Green Committee:

Last week’s snow fall made it seem like the golf course would not open until April. But with the rapid melting this week aided by ample sunlight and warmer temperatures, our hopes have been elevated. The concern we have for the golf course at this point is the frost layer underneath the turf. This layer is preventing the water from the melting snow to drain into the soil and creates an unusually soft surface. Also, with the grass roots frozen in this frost layer, any traffic on the surface would shear off the normally 6” long roots down to 1”.

We are aware that the golf course may look ready to accept play but the conditions warrant that it remain closed through the weekend. The golf course will be monitored every day to identify the earliest day the course can open for play.

Sort of started figuring this out walking in the front yard earlier today. Now, we got some rain set for tomorrow. Maybe I ought to spend the weekend working and see about a mid-week day off.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ya know, I think I've been pretty patient.  We've gotten pounded by snow regularly this winter (not to Boston's level, but certainly more than our fair share) and I knew the courses wouldn't be open until April at the earliest.

Tuesday when I was coming home from work the sun was shining, the temperature was in the high 30's or low 40's, I looked at the water flowing on the sidewalk from the snow melting from the mountains of snow on the grass.  I felt good.  I said to myself that I might be able to get my net and mat out and do some drills outside with an actual ball this weekend.

I look at my weather app and what do I see:

Saturday - 73% chance of rain and ice.

Sunday - 56% chance of snow.

:bugout: / :censored:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Thankfully one driving range here on Long Island is open as of yesterday. Doesn't look like much, but it's progress. Hopefully the snow thaws before they run out of balls inside the machine, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

We just broke the snowfall record for the Boston area yesterday with two more inches.  Depressing.  At this rate, courses will not be open until May.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We just broke the snowfall record for the Boston area yesterday with two more inches.  Depressing.  At this rate, courses will not be open until May.

On a positive note, they were calling for way more. It's going to be warm for a little bit this week except for snow Tuesday... What range did you hit?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I got 9 in yesterday with my boy. They didn't have tee markers out yet and the greens/fairways were covered with sticks and goose crap, but it was good to be out on the course. C'mon spring!

- Shane

F- that - I would have to hurt someone... You New England peeps sure did take one for the team this winter. Wowzers. :~(

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

On a positive note, they were calling for way more. It's going to be warm for a little bit this week except for snow Tuesday... What range did you hit?

There is an outdoor one in Middleton, MA that I went to last week.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We broke a record high yesterday - got in 36 holes this weekend. This is Colorado, so we are not out of the woods yet, but golf season is here now.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

MN has been very nice this last few days!! Played two 9 hole rounds at my local par 3. My confidence was sky high, right up until I chunked my first two tee shots...I blamed it on the mats that I was hitting off of all winter :-P . It's an easy nine hole par 3 and I scored a 38 :(, it's a course I would shoot consistently 29's and 30's before the winter. I went back in the evening and it was much better. Shot a 33 with a triple bogey on card. Take that one bad hole away and I'm back on track. Put a nice tee shot to a foot and birdied my first hole of the year! Feeling good. Warm weather is good for the soul.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Finally got outside and hit a bucket or range balls at lunch, temps in the 60's. I've been haunting the local golf shops and using their bays to try out clubs, and in there I"ve been feeling fairly good about my swing. Well, got outside today and things are, shall we say, a bit rusty. I ran through my whole set of irons, shots were mostly going down range, only hit three of the golf cars parked along the right inside of the range fencing , distances were a little random, ball flight directions were more or less in the vicinity of where I was aiming (except when they weren't).

Supposed to cool off a bit during the week with possible flurries on Thursday or so.

Looks like I've got some work to do, such is life on the range.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

It's still too sloppy and chilly here in NY IMO, no doubt people will play this weekend but I'll pass, range time only, but it should be an extended session, 250+ balls over two days.

Fingers crossed for next weekend, it just may be the return.

It's still too sloppy and chilly here in NY IMO, no doubt people will play this weekend but I'll pass, range time only, but it should be an extended session, 250+ balls over two days.

Fingers crossed for next weekend, it just may be the return.

Every golf course I've called say they think two weeks before play. The rest of this week for the snow to go away and a week to dry out because the ground is saturated. Seems reasonable.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Course is open today for walkers only. Range open with mats only. Short game range closed.

Getting the clubs re-gripped today and will be at least on the range tomorrow.

Bill M