IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I played Brigantine GC in AC this past Sunday...cart path only, and for the first time I saw they used mini pins !(flag sticks)   Fairways were terrible, they shouldn't have even been open to play, but I guess they were desperate for the money...I see some Monmouth county courses are opening this week(NJ) but now with the advent of possible snow on Friday, I'll see if they will shut it back down.

Thank goodness I found an indoor simulator that is open 24 hrs about a 1/2 hour from me. At least I can work on my swing.(Although shooting a 95 Sunday didn't show the fact that I have been swinging the clubs all winter.)..

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played Brigantine GC in AC this past Sunday...cart path only, and for the first time I saw they used mini pins !(flag sticks)   Fairways were terrible, they shouldn't have even been open to play, but I guess they were desperate for the money...I see some Monmouth county courses are opening this week(NJ) but now with the advent of possible snow on Friday, I'll see if they will shut it back down. Thank goodness I found an indoor simulator that is open 24 hrs about a 1/2 hour from me. At least I can work on my swing.(Although shooting a 95 Sunday didn't show the fact that I have been swinging the clubs all winter.)..

We have a home in Brigantine and get out on The Links every so often (but less the past few years given the deteriorating conditions). You're correct about them needing the money as they're in bigtime trouble which has impacted any real upkeep. There's a battle underway about future ownership with the city and outside management companies (Ron Jaworski's golf management company in particular) making pitches. It's a shame because it can be a neat little track but there are way too many better options in the area worth the $$. A 24hr simulator? Nice! Where might that be?

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

FOILED !    After a week of above freezing temps & a lot of snow melt - was hoping to travel an hour or so south & play the weekend after this ... now they're calling for 3-5 inches of snow on Friday !!      I thought this horror of a winter was over ... apparently NOT :censored:

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

FOILED !    After a week of above freezing temps & a lot of snow melt - was hoping to travel an hour or so south & play the weekend after this ... now they're calling for 3-5 inches of snow on Friday !!      I thought this horror of a winter was over ... apparently NOT

It won't be long. The warm days are starting to catch the cold days and will soon overtake them. It IS still winter until Friday.

- Shane

I walked over the the public course next to my work yesterday at lunch and walked the rough along two holes. Ground is wet in places, probably still frozen down a few inches, most snow is gone but some is present in some low spots and shaded areas.

I also noticed that they must have been working on trees over the winter as several were cut down. Big trees a few feet in diameter at the base. Most removed trees were adjacent to the fairways but one or two were located somewhat in-play. Not sure if the course/county are planning on changing a few holes or not, I'll have to pay attention since I plan to play this course a few times this year after work.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

The Old Man will just not relent here in the NE, the chill is getting colder again and the future looks ugly, losing faith in next weekend.

And yes it's still winter, but we've paid our dues this year, it's been a solid three months without any chance, enough already.

Let's hope we can get out of this Winter Depression thread, spring is tomorrow!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I want to kick punt Punxsutawney Phil through the uprights. What the hell? It's still ****ing cold. Windy. And it's gonna snow Friday. ****! Mother Nature you sick, sadistic, ****ing b***h!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I want to kick punt Punxsutawney Phil through the uprights. What the hell? It's still ****ing cold. Windy. And it's gonna snow Friday. ****! Mother Nature you sick, sadistic, ****ing b***h!

:-D Now Steve, get out of the truck, put the groundhog down and walk away.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This is just plain wrong anymore. Mid-60's Tuesday, right back to the 30's by today and now 3-6" of snow tomorrow. UNCLE!!!

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

We have a home in Brigantine and get out on The Links every so often (but less the past few years given the deteriorating conditions). You're correct about them needing the money as they're in bigtime trouble which has impacted any real upkeep. There's a battle underway about future ownership with the city and outside management companies (Ron Jaworski's golf management company in particular) making pitches. It's a shame because it can be a neat little track but there are way too many better options in the area worth the $$.

A 24hr simulator? Nice! Where might that be?

I like the Brig...just not in July when we have a 2 day tournament there...the GREEN HEADS are terrible !...

The 24 hr simulator is up aways from you..! exit 135 off the GSP...google the "GOLFCAVE"....I've been investing a lot of time there since Jan....Like I stated, the 95 was not indicative on how I swing the club....I worked all winter on not hooding my face and making a better back swing(fuller)...

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Now Steve, get out of the truck, put the groundhog down and walk away.

Momentary bout of cabin fever. :-P

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Cabin fever leads to thoughts of this:

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I think I missed summer, I think I missed golf, what happened? was I any good? Ziggy? where am I? what happened to spring!?

/impatient

Love spring and summer hate winter, you can't golf very good when every shot off the tee sounds like your using a steel pipe, and your ball gets plugged in the cold, white fuzz. And frankly after having a winter that has seen 11.5 feet of snow and 5 foot snow banks since January, I'm ready for warm weather so I can play some golf!

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

I think I missed summer, I think I missed golf, what happened? was I any good? Ziggy? where am I? what happened to spring!?

/impatient

Man ... you should have seen yourself. It was awesome.

Two weeks of no snow and my course is still not open! :~(:pound::censored::censored::censored::-D

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Cabin fever leads to thoughts of this:

One thing comes to mind...