IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

74 for High today, woo hoo!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cabin fever leads to thoughts of this:

Seriously how does one come to the conclusion that this will be a great idea?

Seriously how does one come to the conclusion that this will be a great idea?

Seriously. . .I suppose there are some lessons in life you need to learn on your own . . . :-X . I just hope his internal organs are still functional. :-\

Although, I used to say "I prefer to live in ignorance, thank you." any time someone dared me to do something. . .less than reasonable. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Am in Atlanta for work this week - mid 70's - phenominal weather.     GOnna be tough to go back to the low 30's in PA.    Boss took us to Top Golf for an evening get together -  was actually pretty fun.    Found out local boss is a stick though - cleaned my clock

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

We were supposed to have an opening tournament tomorrow but it has already been cancelled because of the weather forecast (cold rain with a chance of snow flurries). But I did get four holes in late yesterday. Went over to talk to the pro about re-gripping my clubs and it was so nice out I grabbed the bag and walked a few holes. Heaven.

Bill M

We were supposed to have an opening tournament tomorrow but it has already been cancelled because of the weather forecast (cold rain with a chance of snow flurries). But I did get four holes in late yesterday. Went over to talk to the pro about re-gripping my clubs and it was so nice out I grabbed the bag and walked a few holes. Heaven.

Same with our course, it has been moved to next Saturday.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

It's going to be 40 degrees on Sunday, but I'm going to play anyway. I couldn't wait any longer.

Does anyone have tips for playing in cold weather? I hear the greens are very hard and your approach shots will bounce off of them.

It's going to be 40 degrees on Sunday, but I'm going to play anyway. I couldn't wait any longer.

Does anyone have tips for playing in cold weather? I hear the greens are very hard and your approach shots will bounce off of them.

I doubt the ground is frozen anymore (NY, right?). Chances are better at this point that the course is thawed and is very soft. That's what it's like in Philly right now.

Bill M

I doubt the ground is frozen anymore (NY, right?). Chances are better at this point that the course is thawed and is very soft. That's what it's like in Philly right now.

So all my balls will get buried? Or will it be close to normal?

Yeah I'm on LI and am waiting, I'm not even sure many courses will be open this weekend with all the rain, and it's still going to be cold.

Range again.

But next weekend should be good, I keep saying that...

I can't imagine how busy it's going to be the first nice weekend, bring a cot.

expect plugged balls - good time to use up old shag balls

Will the balls really get plugged so badly they are going to be lost?

I may have to reconsider playing on Sunday. There's supposed to be rain on Saturday, but I thought since the sun will be out Sunday it would be all right.

Yeah I'm on LI and am waiting, I'm not even sure many courses will be open this weekend with all the rain, and it's still going to be cold.

Range again.

But next weekend should be good, I keep saying that...

I can't imagine how busy it's going to be the first nice weekend, bring a cot.

Will the balls really get plugged so badly they are going to be lost?

I may have to reconsider playing on Sunday. There's supposed to be rain on Saturday, but I thought since the sun will be out Sunday it would be all right.

It's funny, I'll be heading home to the City for Easter Weekend and I thought that this would be a good thread to check out to see how the opening of the courses has progressed so as to decide as to whether I should bring my clubs home or not.

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems from what you guys and @dkolo are saying is that they'll be open but not in good condition.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems from what you guys and @dkolo are saying is that they'll be open but not in good condition.

Everyone knows that golf is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Colin P.

Everyone knows that golf is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

When you've been suffering from withdrawals, even the range seems like a decent alternative!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: