IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida bound on Saturday, woo hoo!  Getting away form the crappy weather.  Going to be playing lots of golf. 

I haven't shanked a ball in months.

Top Golf is opening in Auburn Hills, MI in the near future.   It beats sitting in front of a television...or working.

Posted Images

The course I played yesterday was in full in season condition other than no leaves on budding trees. Crazy because none of the others in the area are even close. The only complaint I had was greens were slower than usual. It's a private club with fast, even greens. Yesterday it was a little fuzzy.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well we may be done with snow this year, and we only have the shrinking snowbanks left, but when I called my local course to ask when they thought the course itself would be open for play I got a slightly discouraging answer....3 weeks or so.... which means it will be around the second week of May :(  Though once it's open I'll be playing 2 days a week plus on the weekends!

I have played three rounds to date and have yet to play in less that 25 MPH winds. One of the rounds was a steady 40 MPH the whole day. Tough to get a feel.

Well we may be done with snow this year, and we only have the shrinking snowbanks left, but when I called my local course to ask when they thought the course itself would be open for play I got a slightly discouraging answer....3 weeks or so.... which means it will be around the second week of May :(  Though once it's open I'll be playing 2 days a week plus on the weekends!

We are in a similar situation in Atlantic Canada. The snow is melting quickly, but it will be at least 3 weeks until we're golfing in the cities. A couple of courses are open about 2 and a half hours away. Not sure I'll make the drive though.

We're finally out of the Old Man's clutches here on LI, earlier than last season which is nice, two rounds in and loving life, a bit wild but making good contact, I am depressed no more.

We're finally out of the Old Man's clutches here on LI, earlier than last season which is nice, two rounds in and loving life, a bit wild but making good contact, I am depressed no more.

Now it just needs to dry out so I don't get punished so badly for hitting fat shots. Sunken Meadow last weekend was too much Sunken, not enough Meadow haha

Well more snow yesterday, today and tomorrow. Sheesh. I guess I'll have to wait till next week.

Well more snow yesterday, today and tomorrow. Sheesh. I guess I'll have to wait till next week.

Courses up north will be open. No snow here just rain. If the sun peeks out tomorrow I will be out.

Glad I'm in DC this weekend! Have a round lined up for tomorrow. Enjoy the snow and cold, suckers.

Geez, rub it in why don't you. :cry:

I guess I have to go more east and north towards Brighton.  But the forecast for tomorrow doesn't look good either.  Rainy/snow mixture and cold.

I don't know what to believe. 9News is overly dramatic with their forecast talking like we are in the midst of a catastrophic blizzard, all their graphics are from mountain towns covered in snow. I was south last night on a trip to Ikea and there was some snow down there but not much. But up here just drizzle and a little wind. My iPhone weather says 57 tomorrow. WeatherBug says 51 and the news drama queens are hiding in a end of days bunker somewhere.

Whatever it is rain or shine I need to be out there. We start league next Wed. and I am playing crap golf. I really need a tune up lesson but my instructor isn't doing anything until next month.

Geez, rub it in why don't you.

I guess I have to go more east and north towards Brighton.  But the forecast for tomorrow doesn't look good either.  Rainy/snow mixture and cold.

You don't want to know what the weather forecast is, either. :-P

My wife tells me that there is some snow sticking on the ground where we live (west side of Denver). Doesn't sound like much of a golfing weekend to me.

No. I'm near Genese and we have about 14" of snow. Drove into work and looks like no golf this weekend near Denver area. I guess I'll have to go north to play like @Dave2512 says.

@Dave2512 information.

Fortunately, the snow seems to be melting fast here as well.  I will have to call in the morning tomorrow.

Is this thread still going?    Sheesh......  I live in the Midwest where it's cold, and it was 75-80 degrees today when I played golf.  LOL