IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

2 minutes ago, uitar9 said:

Had the same problem, but not made of money, nor have the height in the house. Started looking at it by the hour. Even a cheap one at $15,000 US dollars/$35 hr rental=many freaking hours. Thats like 250 two hour trips. More trips than I have left. Maybe I should remortgage the house, build a higher ceiling extension-that makes more sense.

Maybe a Skytrak is best option?  Every time I come close to buying I talk myself out and convince myself it's either the top end models or nothing.

Going to try find a couple neighbours who I don't know yet. Chip in and hope at least one has a 9 foot room/garage. 

As a last hurrah for the year for a fair-weather golfing buddy of mine, we're going down the road to Top Golf on Sunday. The climate-controlled hitting bays will keep his old ass roasty toasty and we'll do something that is vaguely golfish. 

Edited by mcanadiens

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, HozzleRocket said:

Maybe a Skytrak is best option?  Every time I come close to buying I talk myself out and convince myself it's either the top end models or nothing.

Going to try find a couple neighbours who I don't know yet. Chip in and hope at least one has a 9 foot room/garage. 

Was listening to one of the pga radio teaching pros last week-Debbie Doniger, an interesting take on age vs learning styles-she suggested most older golfers need to understand/see the physical changes needed to change ball flight whereas younger golfers can be shown trackman and asked to increase angle of attack, or swing speed, by a specific amount to change ball flight , due to video game use. Went to the indoor range yesterday and hit balls  at targets, 5 balls per random club maximum. If  I missed to the left, I aimed more to the right. I liked seeing the real ball go to a real target  

Having said that, having a simulator at the dome at $35/hr and playing courses I will never play is a lot of fun during the winter.

It’s been a hard couple of weeks... When I left for a business trip a month ago it was 85 degrees here, when I returned it was 35. 

I have spent a lot of time watching videos of my friends and I golfing this summer, eating ice cream, drinking wine, and crying. Do I have anyone else from the east coast feeling the same way? Hope our long lost love (golf) will soon return? 

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

I haven't played golf since September 2016 because of a shoulder injury and I may have another year to go. Grow a pair :-)

That’s brutal man... you going to be healed up by this summer or what? If not, why do you torture yourself by coming to this forum? Lol... jk... thanks for responding!

1 minute ago, clutchshot said:

That’s brutal man... you going to be healed up by this summer or what? If not, why do you torture yourself by coming to this forum? Lol... jk... thanks for responding!

Haha, touche. But my love of golf cannot be killed. 

Nah, there's no timetable for my return. Shoulder is frozen. 2-3 year injury or more. Or less. Who knows. Just gotta take it like a man. 

Constantine

11 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Haha, touche. But my love of golf cannot be killed. 

Nah, there's no timetable for my return. Shoulder is frozen. 2-3 year injury or more. Or less. Who knows. Just gotta take it like a man. 

Ugh... sorry to hear that man... my uncle is having back problems and although being a regular league players for decades hasn’t been able to play the last couple years either... best luck on a speedy recovery to both of you!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, clutchshot said:

Ugh... sorry to hear that man... my uncle is having back problems and although being a regular league players for decades hasn’t been able to play the last couple years either... best luck on a speedy recovery to both of you!

Thanks, clutch. And hey, if you and anyone else feels like lamenting the upcoming winter here, you get the green light from me to keep doing it haha. 

The winter offseason tho is a good time to hit the gym a bit and get fit for the upcoming season. So, blessing in disguise perhaps. 

Constantine

45 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Thanks, clutch. And hey, if you and anyone else feels like lamenting the upcoming winter here, you get the green light from me to keep doing it haha. 

The winter offseason tho is a good time to hit the gym a bit and get fit for the upcoming season. So, blessing in disguise perhaps. 

Man... this was just supposed to be good for a laugh... lol 

I don't know boys, but after the drowning we are getting right now, I doubt that you could find a single course in the area open for play! Looks like it's going to be the Golf Dome from now till Spring 2018!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

And so it begins. 

2D872F01-38A3-4D52-B16E-C8F8395FC1FC.jpeg

Don't post stuff like that, you'll jinx it for the rest of us. :~(

As long as it's not freezing, my course plays summer greens. Winter greens are no fun at all (basically because  they are not greens, but just pieces of fairway)...

Played last weekend in 60 degree weather and now the course is covered in snow. No plans to go south this year so I might be done. Will be doing a lot drills with my orange whip and my Tour Striker smart ball but it just ain't the same.

Bill M

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:26 AM, Big_in_Belgium said:

Don't post stuff like that, you'll jinx it for the rest of us. :~(

As long as it's not freezing, my course plays summer greens. Winter greens are no fun at all (basically because  they are not greens, but just pieces of fairway)...

My home course usually plays summer greens all year round but now we are getting snow and sub zero temps all golfing is suspended, which for me is great as i did my elbow in recently. Every cloud and all that ;-)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.