IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

18 hours ago, DeadMan said:

First tournament this weekend, and the forecast is for about 50 degrees and 20 mph winds. That could be really brutal. I'm hoping the winds end up calming down, because 50 degrees is perfectly fine for golf. Of course, we've had this tournament snowed out a couple of times recently, so just being able to play will be an improvement over that.

Yeah, it's the wind part that get me.  This time of year, wind can gust up to 20-30 or more.  I love playing in 50 degree weather, but it's the wind I hate.  Make it cold and miserable.  Plus any slight miss hit and your ball goes 20-30 yards off line.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Yukari said:

I love playing in 50 degree weather, but it's the wind I hate.  Make it cold and miserable.  Plus any slight miss hit and your ball goes 20-30 yards off line.

Some of us can do that without the wind...

The time has finally come here on LI, forecast for Friday is sunny and 70's, I don't think we've seen that since last September, what a brutal winter.

Take a day off to play? yes please.

Currently under a fire weather warning and a blizzard watch at the same time! Colorado in April, everybody!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

spring-coming-22090457.jpg

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

8 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Currently under a fire weather warning and a blizzard watch at the same time! Colorado in April, everybody!

Yeah, gotta love the drastic change in weather this time of the year in Colorado.  It's suppose to hit 78 today then drop to 40 tomorrow, with possibility of snow.

Just hoping it snows a lot in the mountains but not in the front range.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Drove by a golf course today, seems like everyone took off work to play. Except me. I'm playing Sunday when it's supposed to be 50 and raining :~(

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

We are supposed to have freezing rain tomorrow and snow next week....  :pound::cry:

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Complete whiteout yesterday.  Snow covered roads on nearly half the drive to Bozeman this morning and full sun and bone dry roads on the return leg - that's spring weather in southwest Montana. :-D  Still quite a bit of snow on the course in Bozeman, but it won't be too long.  There's already been a couple of times my wife and I have questioned our return from AZ, but then again it was 99F a couples days last week.  Perhaps we need a 3rd location (St. George, UT)?

Any of our forum members full time RVer's?  This option would certainly seem the cats meow in being able to follow the optimum weather for golf.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Just drive to San Diego and park the thing there!

We actually got out to play today, and we are going out again tomorrow before the weather turns to crap again! Cart path only and mud balls galore, but what can you do? All the runs, rills, streams and rivers are still running high and bank full, there is so much water in the ground.

Anyway, just thankful for some sun and warm temps!

• Administrator

Short sleeves today, and a high of 45° tomorrow. Yippee!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I thought this winter would never end, but alas, the sun is up and fairways are thawing. Predictions the next week are more sun and up to 16C/61F, with some expecting it to get up to 20C/68F not too far from now.

I think I've found the course I'll be playing the most. They got all greens thawed and have started brushing them.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

16 hours ago, billchao said:

Drove by a golf course today, seems like everyone took off work to play. Except me. I'm playing Sunday when it's supposed to be 50 and raining :~(

It was 68 yesterday here but I couldn't get out. Sunday, 33F and rainy. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Was able to practice a lot this week before the apocalypse hit this morning. I'm heading down to Florida in a week - just in time for the courses to open up here.

Jon

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It was 68 yesterday here but I couldn't get out. Sunday, 33F and rainy. 

Almost hit 80 today but no golf. Tomorrow's forecast got worse so I cancelled. This is the slowest start to my golf season that I can remember.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread