Jump to content
IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread


Recommended Posts

I have a golf outing with some buddies to Florida in a few weeks.  Then pulling out the bowling ball until the northeast thaw.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida bound on Saturday, woo hoo!  Getting away form the crappy weather.  Going to be playing lots of golf. 

I haven't shanked a ball in months.

Crap blizzard tomorrow...then brutal cold with 50 mph winds...wind chills around -20. First person in my group next year bitch that it's hot out gets a punch in the face...I dont care if they are

Posted Images

I don't want to be an a$$hole, but down here in south Louisiana it's currently 77#.   Our problem has been and will be rain. it's been raining 2-3 days a week for the last 2-3 months, with some heavy downpours. The course  at my club was made in an old sugar cane field and doesn't drain very well, so keeping the course playable can be a problem for the grounds crew. Barring excessive rain, we can usually play year 'round.

Edited by 308 Ragin Cajun
Correct mispells
Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, tlazzol said:

Oh, so many choices!

Now you're just being cruel. :beer:

I'm taking a day off at the end of the month to run a couple errands with hopes of squeezing in one more round. That's beginning to look overly optimistic.

2 minutes ago, gjunkie57 said:

Then pulling out the bowling ball until the northeast thaw.  

I desperately need a winter activity... I mean other than losing golf balls in the snow. I have to get back into cross country skiing or something I can only enjoy in the winter. It really makes the time go by faster.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/20/2018 at 5:42 PM, JonMA1 said:

Now you're just being cruel. :beer:

I'm taking a day off at the end of the month to run a couple errands with hopes of squeezing in one more round. That's beginning to look overly optimistic.

I desperately need a winter activity... I mean other than losing golf balls in the snow. I have to get back into cross country skiing or something I can only enjoy in the winter. It really makes the time go by faster.

 

Cross country skiing? Now that will keep you in shape!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, gjunkie57 said:

Cross country skiing? Now that will keep you in shape!

I think the expression “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” applies to me doing any kind of cardio workout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/20/2018 at 6:38 PM, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

I don't want to be an a$$hole, but down here in south Louisiana it's currently 77#.   Our problem has been and will be rain. it's been raining 2-3 days a week for the last 2-3 months, with some heavy downpours. The course  at my club was made in an old sugar cane field and doesn't drain very well, so keeping the course playable can be a problem for the grounds crew. Barring excessive rain, we can usually play year 'round.

 

My brother just got back from Louisiana a week ago. First day he was here it was almost 90 degrees. Two days later it was a high of 55 with rain. Welcome back to Ohio. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played Monday. I have a 9AM tee time tomorrow. Hope the weather holds for a few more weeks. Years ago we had a Halloween snow storm dump more than 15" on us! Didn't melt until late April! First golf outing that Spring was about mid-May! I hope that never happens again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday in mid-Michigan was a great day to play.   We had sunshine, very little wind and the temperature was around mid 50s.   It may have been the last day of golf for me.   I'm a fair weather golfer.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

My brother just got back from Louisiana a week ago. First day he was here it was almost 90 degrees. Two days later it was a high of 55 with rain. Welcome back to Ohio. 

Yeah, if you don't like the weather in Louisiana, just wait. It will change.. The good new is that the average low temperature in Dec-Jan is usually somewhere around 40#. When Gebruary ets here, Spring is just around the corner.

 

Your brother must have been somewhere in North Louisiana for it to get down to 55# in October.

Edited by 308 Ragin Cajun
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

Yeah, if you don't like the weather in Louisiana, just wait. It will change.. The good new is that the average low temperature in Dec-Jan is usually somewhere around 40#. When Gebruary ets here, Spring is just around the corner.

 

Your brother must have been somewhere in North Louisiana for it to get down to 55# in October.

Ragin... are you by any chance on your third Corpse Reviver by now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Weather has been holding here in MI. Looks like I might be able to get out comfortably into November. Really has been a great season, very grateful. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/23/2018 at 8:51 PM, dennyjones said:

Top Golf is opening in Auburn Hills, MI in the near future.   It beats sitting in front of a television...or working.

Amen.  I have done the Top Golf experience in San Antonio.  Fairly certain I won't make to drive to the east side to relive the moment. But everyone needs to do it once.  😉

5 hours ago, Braivo said:

Weather has been holding here in MI. Looks like I might be able to get out comfortably into November. Really has been a great season, very grateful. 

The real question is whether we will be teeing it up in December.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Temps are colder than average here and windy as hell. However today is not windy but the ground is frozen so the course is delayed... At least until the wintery mix comes in this morning... 

I played Thursday, it was cold and 15-20 mph winds. Rather difficult conditions. Snow was better than rain... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
On 10/23/2018 at 8:51 PM, dennyjones said:

Top Golf is opening in Auburn Hills, MI in the near future.   It beats sitting in front of a television...or working.

If the Edison location is any indication, they blast the heaters, so there's that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Day 518: Did some backswing drills working on priority piece with Live View Pro camera. Hit some foam balls outside,  slow speed for a few 10-ball sets with rehearsals between, and then close to full speed for the last 10. 
    • Interesting.  I don't need them during a round, so if it lasts a few minutes, and that's enough to offload the rounds, that's good enough for me.  I wish they'd keep the Windows app working, I don't understand why they discontinued it.
    • Day 84.   Real balls today!  I hit a dozen balls this evening, slow backswing slow through, focusing on the chest down head back parts from last time.  After the first, I made good contact, so I think that's a good sign.  
    • Day 506 - May 17, 2021 Hit balls (including one ball into the parking lot) from the back of the range at Whispering Woods today. Didn't quite have the same feel as the other day, but… it's close.
    • So I was helping my daughter out at the back of the range today. I had chipped literally two 8-irons, then wanted her to take a break, so I said “watch this in case I duck hook it onto the practice green” (short game). I’m on the back of the range, hitting toward the mats that are 300 yards away. I hit it, a high seed, and… it hits by the mats (between two people, about six mats apart) and bounces into the parking lot. It’s a gravel parking lot, the ball didn’t go very far. But, ooooookay. So, that’s enough of that. My daughter was both in awe and frightened that I may have dented someone’s Honda. A student takes his Mevo out on the course to measure shots hit out there, and he said he measured my first tee shot a few days ago at 175 ball speed and 117.x (don’t remember the decimal value) clubhead speed. He bought a set of SuperSpeed sticks off eBay later that day. Wheeeeee.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Billy B
      Billy B
      (42 years old)
    2. Golf hack
      Golf hack
      (61 years old)
    3. GrinderUK
      GrinderUK
      (61 years old)
    4. macuis
      macuis
      (38 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...