smellysell

Winter Depression Thread

3,018 posts in this topic Last Reply

I was having coffee in the kitchen this morning when I get a text from my buddy asking if I wanted to go play! I called him back and told him that of course I want to play, but it makes no sense. Went pheasant hunting yesterday afternoon once the rain lightened up, and it was an absolute quagmire! The ground is saturated, and there's nowhere for the water to go. 

I'd reconsider if we'd get an extended dry spell, but it doesn't look like that's in the cards for us. They're calling for more rain tomorrow, and it's opening day of deer season. I don't think I'll go out. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Hauled the bag out of the basement Sunday.  After finishing the yard clean-up I went over to Fox Hills, my "winter home."  The course is seriously soggy but playable if one moves laterally out of the really wet areas.  Almost no wind and 45 degrees makes for a nice walk.

Everything is white today.  Bag is going back into the basement.

Played yesterday. Course was very wet, but completely playable. Lots of people out (it's NYC after all), but we got out first and finish in 3 hours. Hoping for a few more decent weekends before snow shuts things down.

Woke up this morning and all of the local schools were closed.   We didn't get enough snow to sneeze at...It made an easy trip to Club Champion!   Ya me!

I am suppose to be back in CO next weekend, but the forecast isn't looking too good.  Hopefully, I can get a few rounds in before the real snow starts.

Looks like Sunday is good for some of the NE.

As hard as the golf bug bit me this year, I can't be depressed with winter. My first sport love is ice hockey and so from mid Sept to the end of Mar, I get to play nets 4-6 times per week ( my goal is to deny yours) and the great thing about being a goalie is goalies don't pay to play. By not having to pay saves me $1600- $200/yr and most of the savings will go into golf come spring.

47 minutes ago, fever said:

As hard as the golf bug bit me this year, I can't be depressed with winter. My first sport love is ice hockey and so from mid Sept to the end of Mar, I get to play nets 4-6 times per week ( my goal is to deny yours) and the great thing about being a goalie is goalies don't pay to play. By not having to pay saves me $1600- $200/yr and most of the savings will go into golf come spring.

OK don't leave us hanging...Where are you located?

Just now, dennyjones said:

OK don't leave us hanging...Where are you located?

Atlantic Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia)

Not sure if this is a deal in your area, but the PGA Superstore gave me a $25 gift card when I renewed the annual practice plan which lets you practice indoors and is $150. Best winter deal I ever bought. Will apply gift card to a box of balls.