IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

Since playing 9 holes on December 24, I've been able to hit balls outside once. Some of that is because of the weather, some of that is having two small kids. But it's been a frustrating couple of months for me, golf wise.  It's good to be heading into March and April, but those also tend to be the most frustrating months because it's warm but then snows. They are also two of our snowiest months. 

Anyways, I'm starting to get that itch again...

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida bound on Saturday, woo hoo!  Getting away form the crappy weather.  Going to be playing lots of golf. 

I haven't shanked a ball in months.

Crap blizzard tomorrow...then brutal cold with 50 mph winds...wind chills around -20. First person in my group next year bitch that it's hot out gets a punch in the face...I dont care if they are

Posted Images

The amount of snowfall we have received this year is absolutely brutal.  I have not seen this much snow in years.  I haven't had much motivation to swing a club all winter, but I need to soon.  

7 minutes ago, cipher said:

The amount of snowfall we have received this year is absolutely brutal.  I have not seen this much snow in years.  I haven't had much motivation to swing a club all winter, but I need to soon.  

Guessing you had motivation to swing a snow shovel, though...

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Guessing you had motivation to swing a snow shovel, though...

Yeah I'm thinking I've upped my BS by about 5mph this winter.  😉

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Since playing 9 holes on December 24, I've been able to hit balls outside once. Some of that is because of the weather, some of that is having two small kids. But it's been a frustrating couple of months for me, golf wise.  It's good to be heading into March and April, but those also tend to be the most frustrating months because it's warm but then snows. They are also two of our snowiest months. 

Anyways, I'm starting to get that itch again...

Yes, March in Michigan can be a combination of two season often, 50-60 one day, and 20-30 another. When we get into March, although, you really can see spring coming. Days are longer, snow doesn't last long after it falls, temps getting golf-able. It's coming!

• Like 1

Getting ready for a 10:10 and it seems like ever body else has the same idea.  I hope I'm ahead of them...

(70s today, like the last couple days.)

We have had 8" of rain this year so far.  We played last week and I still can't believe we dodged it.

Edited by burr

On 2/22/2021 at 2:57 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

I know true golfing weather is here when I have to drive home from the golf course with the air-conditioning cranked up to full blast.

200.gif.6b545c1172fc29a1503e95e2426c7c1c.gif

• Funny 2

Still plenty of snow on the ground but its supposed to be fairly warm rest of the week then in the mid 40s all weekend so provided that melts most of it I may just have to go get a little muddy for a chance to see a ball fly through the air rather than into a net in a dimly lit garage lol

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

But, that day doesn't come in the Pacific Northwest until July 4th.

Oh, then I guess I owe you an apology. 
I thought you were experiencing such weather right now. 

Okay, you don't suck. Anyone else who gets to play golf all year round and never has to deal with shoveling loads of white death off their driveways sucks.

• Funny 1

31 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Oh, then I guess I owe you an apology. 
I thought you were experiencing such weather right now. 

Okay, you don't suck. Anyone else who gets to play golf all year round and never has to deal with shoveling loads of white death off their driveways sucks.

Yep, all Florida and Southern California golfers suck.

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

8 inches of snow for me last night. At least next week looks nice...

I hope so.

Last three weekends have been snowed out.  Getting tired of snowing on Wednesdays just in time to ruin my weekend tee times.

Our once mighty mountains of snow are now a pathetic, dirty, gray shell of their former selves. 

50 degrees this weekend. Going to have to see about a furlough of some kind and hit the range. 

Had a lesson, outdoors, scheduled for today, last night saw feels like was in the teens and very windy, was like, I should cancel, instructor messages me this morning, yeah, I think it's too cold, and I was like yep. Spring not quite here yet.

Supposed to hit the low 50's Monday. I have a covid shot at 1500.  I'll sneak in 18 beforehand.

• Like 1