smellysell

Winter Depression Thread

3,188 posts / 141483 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Nice, what did you get?

Taylormade Jetspeed driver and Speedblade irons. My old set was a bargain basement Wilson set that I bought 12+ years ago when I first started playing.

Taylormade Jetspeed driver and Speedblade irons. My old set was a bargain basement Wilson set that I bought 12+ years ago when I first started playing.

Nice.

You'll have to let us know how you do with them when you play with them in March.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice. You'll have to let us know how you do with them when you play with them in March.

Definitely. Can't wait. Should be a big difference from what I was using. My "woods"were really made of wood...

The good news is I got out of Boston just before the storm.  We got 30 inches.  Luckily my son is home from college and helped out tremendously.  I headed south to play golf in the Orlando/Cocoa Beach area.

The bad news is I hurt my right forearm in the middle of the third round.  I strapped it up tight for the last round but it was painful the whole time.  Still had fun for the most part.

The coolest thing is we went on the fishing half day trip out of Cape Canaveral.  On the way in, dolphins rode the bow wave of the boat for about 10 minutes.  We were literally five feet above them.  That made the whole trip for me.

The good news is I got out of Boston just before the storm.  We got 30 inches.  Luckily my son is home from college and helped out tremendously.  I headed south to play golf in the Orlando/Cocoa Beach area. The bad news is I hurt my right forearm in the middle of the third round.  I strapped it up tight for the last round but it was painful the whole time.  Still had fun for the most part. The coolest thing is we went on the fishing half day trip out of Cape Canaveral.  On the way in, dolphins rode the bow wave of the boat for about 10 minutes.  We were literally five feet above them.  That made the whole trip for me.

Hmm. Golf trip, avoided the snow, and dolphins? Hope you're planning something special for the Mrs., lest she greet you with a frying pan in hand. ;-)

Went to the pro shop the other day because they were having a hat sale, and discovered they've upgraded to a pretty nice simulator! Oh yeah, and...

VEGAS IN 6 DAYS!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

The good news is I got out of Boston just before the storm.  We got 30 inches.  Luckily my son is home from college and helped out tremendously.  I headed south to play golf in the Orlando/Cocoa Beach area.

The bad news is I hurt my right forearm in the middle of the third round.  I strapped it up tight for the last round but it was painful the whole time.  Still had fun for the most part.

The coolest thing is we went on the fishing half day trip out of Cape Canaveral.  On the way in, dolphins rode the bow wave of the boat for about 10 minutes.  We were literally five feet above them.  That made the whole trip for me.

Hmm. Golf trip, avoided the snow, and dolphins? Hope you're planning something special for the Mrs., lest she greet you with a frying pan in hand.

I always take care of my wife!

No

Funny. :-) [quote name="tmac20" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/1380#post_1101450"]Anybody else get like 3 feet of snow last night? :no:[/quote] We got 3" of snow, then pouring rain all night. Still raining right now and it's supposed to drop to single digits tonight. Nowhere for a lot of the water to run off because the storm drains are blocked from the last snow. Tomorrow morning's commute is going to be interesting.

They're warning about flash freezing conditions. Here are some pictures of the front of my house: You can't really tell from the first picture, but that water is about 2-3" deep in the road because the storm drain is blocked off. Everything is going to freeze solid overnight.

2-3 inches of ice!!!??!! Its gonna take awhile for the salt to melt that.

It's supposed to be 41 on Wednesday, so the sun might take care of a lot of it. It's just tomorrow that will be a mess. I'd rather it just snowed, because the rain/sleet icy conditions are awful. NJ weather is always interesting.

It's supposed to be 41 on Wednesday, so the sun might take care of a lot of it. It's just tomorrow that will be a mess. I'd rather it just snowed, because the rain/sleet icy conditions are awful.

NJ weather is always interesting.

In the winter, I'd like nothing more than a nice 40° day with a torrential downpour of rain. Clears snow and ice right up. Hopefully we get one soon, but it's looking like snow and more snow here in NY.