IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

Warm weather in Pittsburgh, time to break out the under armour and play in 40 degree weather. Anything feels warm after the negatives we've had as of late

You must live in South Pittsburgh. Still a lot of snow in my part of the neighborhood, northeast of the 'Burgh. 50° weather all week, so maybe by Thursday the snow will be gone where I live and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get out the clubs. :-P

I love this game. :-D

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida bound on Saturday, woo hoo!  Getting away form the crappy weather.  Going to be playing lots of golf. 

I haven't shanked a ball in months.

If the courses don't open soon, I might make the local news... Mesick Golfer Tased, Charged with Trespassing A Mesick man, described as "crazed" by local law enforcement officers, was charge

Posted Images

I made it out to Young's Dairy and hit some balls today. So nice to be out! I took the boy with me and he was hitting the Nike irons I got for him last year really well. As soon as he got home, he got his golf bag out of the shed and started going through it. I think the bug bit him pretty hard. On the way home, we stopped at the big lake and I hit some 4i shots, but the top of the water was already turning to slushy and the ball just died on impact.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

About halfway between Pittsburgh and Greensburg. [quote name="dfreuter415" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/1600_100#post_1113055"] You must live in South Pittsburgh. Still a lot of snow in my part of the neighborhood, northeast of the 'Burgh. 50° weather all week, so maybe by Thursday the snow will be gone where I live and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get out the clubs.:-P I love this game. :-D [/quote]

First decent day in months here in NY, and the range was packed , every stall full and people waiting behind each, but I won't do that, I hate when people stand behind me while I practice so I just left, so much for golf not being a popular sport anymore though.

If there were no snow on the ground I bet the any open courses would have had players.

Drove the summer car to the club and played under bright sunshine and 60 degrees. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/115436/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/115438/] [/URL]

Isn't this suppose to be "Winter DEPRESSION" thread? not "Winter Show off" thread???

Quote:

Originally Posted by ay33660

Drove the summer car to the club and played under bright sunshine and 60 degrees.

Isn't this suppose to be "Winter DEPRESSION" thread? not "Winter Show off" thread???

No worries.  He is not posting anymore in the thread.

My winter depression will officially end this weekend. I have tee times on Saturday and Sunday moring. Yeah baby!!!

Rain is pummeling the last of the snow into submission. Then it's suppose to be clear the next two days and we ought to be in business.

Rain is pummeling the last of the snow into submission. Then it's suppose to be clear the next two days and we ought to be in business.

We're supposed to get rain here tonight, then tomorrow's high is 60°.

Still going to be some time before we can go out, though. The ground is completely saturated.

My winter depression will officially end this weekend. I have tee times on Saturday and Sunday moring. Yeah baby!!!

Yep, I have a tee time for Sunday morning as well. Hoping to get in 9 on Saturday. Looks like it will be a really nice weekend. Hopefully we don't miss out on too many spring golfing weekends with snow this year. We've been lucky the past couple of years for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcanadiens

We're supposed to get rain here tonight, then tomorrow's high is 60°.

Still going to be some time before we can go out, though. The ground is completely saturated.

There is still 2 feet of snow on the ground here. :cry: