IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

But there are this who live south of the equator who are ending summer.

Unless you go up in the mountains or into the Antarctic, does any place south of the equator have winters worse than the great Plains and Upper Midwest? Capetown gets down to 45F in July. Melbourne is similar. Santiago, Chile might hit 40's. Southern NZ doesn't freeze? Just curious.

Me, I hurt my elbow shoveling snow a month ago and missed opening day of golf this week. Next week maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

Unless you go up in the mountains or into the Antarctic, does any place south of the equator have winters worse than the great Plains and Upper Midwest? Capetown gets down to 45F in July. Melbourne is similar. Santiago, Chile might hit 40's. Southern NZ doesn't freeze? Just curious.

Me, I hurt my elbow shoveling snow a month ago and missed opening day of golf this week. Next week maybe.

Patagonia and Chile.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Patagonia.......LOL...........this was a classic "Top Gear" road trip!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocWu1948

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

Patagonia and Chile.

Tierra del Fuego doesn't get that cold.  The bottom line is the low deg C.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The Depression continues on LI, froze my ass off at the range with 15 degree wind chills, courses that were due to be open this week are pushed back, and I'd say there's a good chance we get another huge snow storm before then so it could be Easter before we get to start the season.

The Depression continues on LI, froze my ass off at the range with 15 degree wind chills, courses that were due to be open this week are pushed back, and I'd say there's a good chance we get another huge snow storm before then so it could be Easter before we get to start the season.

If we get snow this weekend we will be lucky to be playing by mid-April.  It was like this last year too, seems like the winters last longer and longer here.

Joe Paradiso

Snowing here this morning, coming down pretty good now. :cry:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Yep, the snow line this morning on the way to work was just south of downtown Milwaukee. One guy in the morning meeting here at work said somewhere farther south is expected to get 6"-8". At least it should end by noon or so.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

wow - I thought we had it bad in the NE USA ... courses will be opening soon here ... looks like it's gonna still be a while up your way ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

This thread will remain on the front page until May, book it.

It's getting colder every day here in NY, it's warmer in Alaska.

But there is some light, having doubts but it looks like next week could be the beginning, this weekend is shot though.

wow - I thought we had it bad in the NE USA ... courses will be opening soon here ... looks like it's gonna still be a while up your way ...

It will be mid-end of May at best. Courses in Nova Scotia usually open in March-April, so definitely behind schedule.

Will W

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

It will be mid-end of May at best. Courses in Nova Scotia usually open in March-April, so definitely behind schedule.

Even the asphalt parking lot at work, which wasn't plowed, still has snow on it! :cry: I am hoping maybe we get to play in April.

Scott

My Swing Thread

58 today in the valley! Wooot!

How did you get 58 and we were only 48?

Scott

My Swing Thread

How did you get 58 and we were only 48?

After I posted it I thought that it didn't feel that warm so I looked to see which weather station was being used. It was the an elementary school and they are always high temp wise. Some 3rd grader was probably breathing on it.... It was 47...although I did get some color yesterday after being outside.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

A bunch of muni courses opened up today here on Long Island.  I don't know what kind of condition they are in but by Thursday I'm sure they will be soaked.  Home course is still at least a week or two from opening but I hope to hit the range this weekend.

Joe Paradiso