IGNORED

My Swing (Gioguy21)

Gioguy21
Note: This thread is 3783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 21 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 0.6 index; low/mid 70's

My typical ball flight is: high, tight draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: high weak cut

Videos:

latest driver vids (apologize in advance for the angle, looks like i come out-in but it's just the angle of the camera)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXCp5p2gJI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGDJmmayHw8

feedback appreciated. i will post soon with iron swings.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

can't offer any advice to a scratch golfer other than NICE tempo - you make it look way too easy !     What kind of length do you get on your average drive ?

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

can't offer any advice to a scratch golfer other than NICE tempo - you make it look way too easy !     What kind of length do you get on your average drive ?

Average is over 280 total. I went and got fitted this weekend for a SLDR TP and was getting a solid 6-8 yards gained carry over my 910D3. I will making a change by spring time. My swing is a little different now too. Swinging easier w a better turn. Getting effortless yards...I will take more vids soon. Thanks for the compliment !

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Could be the camera angle but do you have your right arm out further than your left at address? Just look a little stiff at address but then really nice fluidity once the swing starts, penetrating looking ball on that first swing nice.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Could be the camera angle but do you have your right arm out further than your left at address? Just look a little stiff at address but then really nice fluidity once the swing starts, penetrating looking ball on that first swing nice.

It isn't out further it's just that the ball is off my left foot so u can't see my left shoulder slightly above my right. I've relaxed my shoulders a bit recently so, that 'tension' is no longer there. Thanks for the comment though, the more eyes the better.

Are you 6'5" or close? Watched the second video and those last 2 were crushed second to last looked longer but you put a really smooth swing on that last one just grooved that one. My older brother was 6'4" and swinged very similar that's why I have to watch your swing, he had a stroke at a young age that ended his golfing days some years back.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Are you 6'5" or close? Watched the second video and those last 2 were crushed second to last looked longer but you put a really smooth swing on that last one just grooved that one. My older brother was 6'4" and swinged very similar that's why I have to watch your swing, he had a stroke at a young age that ended his golfing days some years back.

I'm actually 6'3". My irons/short game and putting stroke save me. I average roughly 50-55% of fairways over the last season but need to get that % up. More fairways mean more greens. If I can get on a green I can make putts. Averaged 30.3/rnd this season.

Ahhh,what it would be like to be young again...

No expert either, but it also looks like your just a wee bit tense in your shoulders, then again it could be your build.

I will also say that you have a nice swing.wanna trade..? LOL

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ahhh,what it would be like to be young again...

No expert either, but it also looks like your just a wee bit tense in your shoulders, then again it could be your build.

I will also say that you have a nice swing.wanna trade..? LOL

lol i've been working on this swing for 20 years...i'm gonna have to pass on that trade.

Best of luck getting that index into that plus range I know it takes some really dedicated focused practice to get there. I didn't think there was a big difference between scratch and a +3 until a few weeks ago. A friendly mens club Friday round showed me, the wind was howling that day and all the 1,s and 2,s couldn't get lower than 74 that day but the pro down the street came in 67, I have seen his course handicap reach +5 at 139 slope last year, just all around game. But when you get there . . . man you really got something then. Me on the other hand am struggling to stay below 5 and actually have aspirations of reaching 3 or maybe 2 next summer. :loco:

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Best of luck getting that index into that plus range I know it takes some really dedicated focused practice to get there. I didn't think there was a big difference between scratch and a +3 until a few weeks ago. A friendly mens club Friday round showed me, the wind was howling that day and all the 1,s and 2,s couldn't get lower than 74 that day but the pro down the street came in 67, I have seen his course handicap reach +5 at 139 slope last year, just all around game. But when you get there . . . man you really got something then. Me on the other hand am struggling to stay below 5 and actually have aspirations of reaching 3 or maybe 2 next summer.

it will/is very tough. i've had a few rounds this season that have given me confidence i can get there. i've had 5 rounds where i've had more than 6 birdies and more than 10 where i've had more than 4 birdies. i know i can shoot low, it's just getting rid of the bogeys/doubles.

it will/is very tough. i've had a few rounds this season that have given me confidence i can get there. i've had 5 rounds where i've had more than 6 birdies and more than 10 where i've had more than 4 birdies. i know i can shoot low, it's just getting rid of the bogeys/doubles.

I get 3 birdies in 1 round I'm pretty damn happy, doesn't it get boring after a while? :no:

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

I get 3 birdies in 1 round I'm pretty damn happy, doesn't it get boring after a while?

no way man lol most i've ever had was 7 birdies and an eagle. unfortunately i had 2 doubles and 3 bogeys. it was very up and down lol

Note: This thread is 3783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!