IGNORED

My Swing (KyleAnthony)

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So here are some videos i took. i noticed a lot during the session. i remembered what everyone says on here that when you mess up and can't get it right start at key #1. and that helped a lot and made me realize i wasn't doing key #2 either. so the end of the round was better but i got tired after hitting so much lol. i tried my new pre shot routine, i was having issues with my swing path on draws so i tried a mini version which you can see in the 3 wood video and it helped a little. any who thank you

here is my 3 iron. i was trying to hit a draw, but it came out straight and curved left soooo thats awesome

here is a 3 iron i tried to hit straight. very slight pull fade

felt pretty good draw with my 3 wood (tried new pre shot routine)

Driver, i lifted up and back a little it looks like to me so it faded a bit. sorry its fuzzy

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

also one thing that i was trying toward the end was trying to release right at the ball and it helped a lot. anyone every do this?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

also one thing that i was trying toward the end was trying to release right at the ball and it helped a lot. anyone every do this?

Kinda depends on what you mean by release. If you mean trying to roll the face or "close the toe", then no, if anything that kind of motion is biased towards a fade.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Kinda depends on what you mean by release. If you mean trying to roll the face or "close the toe", then no, if anything that kind of motion is biased towards a fade.

ya thats what i meant. like holding off the roll and let the club catch up at impact type of thing.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

hey @mvmac i was browsing my videos i just posted and noticed how flat my 3 wood shot was. it turned out the best, but is it a better swing or something i should stay away from?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

ya thats what i meant. like holding off the roll and let the club catch up at impact type of thing.

I would suggest drawing it with the path and not worrying about releasing the face. If you hit a big push then something you are doing before that is causing the face to be aimed too far to the right. With you it's your tendency to get the weight in the heels at address which effects the loading of the shaft on the backswing. So you have to deal with a lot of timing and rolling of the forearms back and though. The more you actively "roll" the face, handle backs up, rotating the path to the left.

Mike McLoughlin

I would suggest drawing it with the path and not worrying about releasing the face. If you hit a big push then something you are doing before that is causing the face to be aimed too far to the right. With you it's your tendency to get the weight in the heels at address which effects the loading of the shaft on the backswing. So you have to deal with a lot of timing and rolling of the forearms back and though. The more you actively "roll" the face, handle backs up, rotating the path to the left.

ya i was shanking it more often then i wanted so i kinda keep my weight back to prevent falling over. lol is it just a minor tweak toward the toes or am i pretty much toes up lol

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

hey @mvmac i was browsing my videos i just posted and noticed how flat my 3 wood shot was. it turned out the best, but is it a better swing or something i should stay away from?

Better than the other two swings, weight is still much behind you and shaft is still too shallow on backswing IMO

Long term, tough to go "shallow to shallow" and have decent low point control.

Mike McLoughlin

Better than the other two swings, weight is still much behind you and shaft is still too shallow on backswing IMO

Long term, tough to go "shallow to shallow" and have decent low point control.

so with the more shallow swing its hard to be consistent with contact? like hitting fat or thin? am i understanding correctly? i will try to shift my weight more to my toes tomorrow if i can sneak out to the range

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

oh also if my weight is a little more on my toes will it help prevent toe being low at impact? or will the shallower swing do that?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• Administrator

I'm procrastinating a bit by writing this post…

KyleAnthony said:

i noticed a lot during the session.

Noticing a lot is not the point. Noticing your priority and working to improve it is the point of practicing. You just hit balls.

KyleAnthony said:

i tried my new pre shot routine, i was having issues with my swing path on draws so i tried a mini version which you can see in the 3 wood video and it helped a little. any who thank you

Your 3W was as "good" (and as "bad") as your others. Not better and not worse, but different. More below.

KyleAnthony said:

here is my 3 iron. i was trying to hit a draw, but it came out straight and curved left soooo thats awesome

No it didn't. Don't con yourself.

074989b8_01.jpeg

Don't con yourself.

KyleAnthony said:

here is a 3 iron i tried to hit straight. very slight pull fade

e76ed303_02.jpeg

Don't con yourself. These much bigger pulls than you realize.

KyleAnthony said:

felt pretty good draw with my 3 wood (tried new pre shot routine)

I don't work on my pre-shot routine when I'm practicing. But then again, you weren't really working on your golf swing - you were just hitting balls.

I said above your 3W swing was about the same quality, but different. Here's why:

9051130b_04.jpeg

Also note how much farther to the right your feet are aimed, and if we put the camera in the correct position, I imagine we'd still see the clubhead outside your hands, tracing a steep, over-the-top move, despite your additional early extension.

Don't con yourself.

KyleAnthony said:

Driver, i lifted up and back a little it looks like to me so it faded a bit. sorry its fuzzy

4571d875_03.jpeg

Major over the top move. Don't con yourself.

KyleAnthony said:

ya i was shanking it more often then i wanted so i kinda keep my weight back to prevent falling over. lol is it just a minor tweak toward the toes or am i pretty much toes up lol

Moving your weight into your heels can often cause more shanks because your body wants to re-center itself during the swing which would mean moving weight towards the golf ball (your toes) and thus shoving the sweetspot out.

You shank because you have a steep, over-the-top move and sometimes can't pull the sweet spot in fast enough. The sweetspot gets outside the golf ball early in the downswing and you can't move it onto the golf ball often enough.

Good ballstrikers don't shank regularly. They don't hit the ball thin. They don't catch their 3I slightly fat like your first one.

b70d202c_05.jpeg

You're conning yourself into thinking that you're close to breaking into the single digits. Meanwhile, you have major Keys #2 through #5 issues. You will not resolve them if you continue the way you have continued since you joined the site: just hitting balls, "trying" sundry things at full speed.

I was bored this morning. There's a good chance you'll once again call me rude and ask that I put myself in the Penalty Box for pointing out what is obvious to me, but it's frustrating to me how you continue to approach golf. I seriously considered sending you an invoice - as a bit of a wakeup call, and not at all because I wanted any payment - for the free advice Mike and I have given you. But I figured that would be a waste of time as well.

I told a few people at the SoCal group that I would have spent three hours with you free that morning helping you, with @mvmac there too, because you have potential and I wanted to show you what good instruction and practice could do for you. You have some speed, and you make better contact with the golf ball than most golfers with that type of swing (though I will point out that coming over the top and being steep is an easy way to "cheat" good contact), but the fact is I'd have wasted my time. I realized this shortly after you bitched me out for trying to make a point… I'd have given you an awesome lesson, made you practice it properly, and a week later you'd be on here saying "it stopped working, here's my swing now, what do I work on next?" and it'd be the same old stuff.

Your swing is the same now as it was months ago. You're playing a lot of golf so you're doing about as well with this swing as you can, but you're going to quickly find out if you haven't already that the handicap floor on this swing is pretty high, so you're gonna have a hell of a time breaking through to lower your handicap much more than it is now.

Two articles or threads that may help you, but only if you read them and consider them and employ them:

Given the past, and the number of times articles like this have been shared with you, I have almost no hope that you'll read and appreciate or employ those articles.

You're making the same swing you were making when you came on this site. You're conning yourself. The odd thing is, too, you're the only person you're conning.

Good luck to you Kyle. I care about all golfers, especially the ones on this site. I gave you a lot of free advice. I've continued to do so (though much less since you flipped out a bit). But I've just about reached the end of my wits, and I've just about stopped caring what you do with your golf game or not. You've been an ass (and I mean that more like the donkey version than anything, as you've been incredibly stubborn), you've been an excuse-maker, you've been a quick-fix-chaser, you've been a lousy "practicer" (to the point where I can say I'm not sure you've ever actually "practiced" - you've just "hit balls"), and you've been conning yourself this entire time.

I'm not alone in feeling this way about you, but I'll be the one to say it to you, here and now.

Good luck.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas i do appreciate the advice you gave me. the pictures really do help because i could see the movement, but did not realize how severe it was. my feet were pointed out right to help me get the club inside to promote the draw, which i know is incorrect. i will read through the articles and take what i have gained from them to the practice range. i really do take what you and mike and some others say to me to the range because i really do want to get better. i didn't realize my swing was so similar to my old swing. i apologize for not being at the meet up. i left the site for a bit and came back on a couple days before the event and saw my name no longer on the list so i didn't think i had a spot there and didn't just want to show up.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator
i really do take what you and mike and some others say to me to the range because i really do want to get better. i didn't realize my swing was so similar to my old swing.

The second sentence disproves the first sentence.

Like I said, good luck.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Kyle, having met and played a round of golf with you, I know that you want to improve. That being said, I think you've been given plenty to work on. Stick to the things that were said, and don't give up on them if you don't see immediate improvement. The thread Erik linked to about practice is a great one. If you need help figuring out what good practice should look like, check out @Golfingdad 's swing thread. Notice how he slowly rehearses the pieces he is working on three or four times and then hits the ball. That's a good way to go about it.

Also, I just joined a club in my area (The Golf Club at Terra Lago in Indio) so I'm not likely to be playing out in Beaumont anymore. That being said, I know you mentioned when we played that you come out this way occasionally, so if you'd like to meet up one day at my course to play or practice, send me a PM and we can set that up.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Also, I just joined a club in my area (The Golf Club at Terra Lago in Indio) so I'm not likely to be playing out in Beaumont anymore. That being said, I know you mentioned when we played that you come out this way occasionally, so if you'd like to meet up one day at my course to play or practice, send me a PM and we can set that up.

I encourage you to take the opportunity to practice with Tristan some day. Not only will he help you film your swing(s), but he'll be able to show you how to practice.

@tristanhilton85 @iacas I will take that opportunity and thank you Tristan for offering

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

That being said, I know you mentioned when we played that you come out this way occasionally, so if you'd like to meet up one day at my course to play or practice, send me a PM and we can set that up.

Very nice offer @tristanhilton85 !!

Michael

Note: This thread is 3636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!