IGNORED

My Swing (KyleAnthony)

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hahahaha will do :P

yes he does. Looking at the pictures mike posted are even More eye opening that the practice. Wow haha ya the drills completely make y swing look better

Hope you learned your lesson in all of this.

Improvement in such a technical game/sport like golf takes work. You have to first commit to the work before anything else.  Great to see you are finally starting to do that with Mike.

Good luck - he will definitely get you going int he direction that you want to go.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

well i went to the range today and spent about 2 hours there. lots of doing the drill and a few full swings. i literally hit no fades today haha. i hit maybe 3 dead straight and the rest were draws. the amount it drew was almost always the same the thing that was inconsistent was how far right the ball would start so I'm guess that is swing path? maybe @mvmac can chime in here for this. also thank you so much for posting all the videos so its easy for me to reference and also if anyone else wants to check them out there are here

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

the amount it drew was almost always the same the thing that was inconsistent was how far right the ball would start so I'm guess that is swing path? maybe @mvmac can chime in here for this. also thank you so much for posting all the videos so its easy for me to reference and also if anyone else wants to check them out there are here

Good stuff. Yeah the direction the ball start is determined primarily by the face angle. Ball starts where the face is pointed and curves away from the path. This is another reason we changed the grip, easier to have the face aimed a little right at impact, which is what we want for draws and hitting the ball an appropriate height. And why we wanted to lessen that "face roll" at impact. Made more sense to roll the face when the path was too far left but we don't want to have a left face with an outward path, pull hook city.

I don't think it's something you need to "think" about. Just make sure the grip is good and work your feels.

Good article on ball flight stuff

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good stuff. Yeah the direction the ball start is determined primarily by the face angle. Ball starts where the face is pointed and curves away from the path. This is another reason we changed the grip, easier to have the face aimed a little right at impact, which is what we want for draws and hitting the ball an appropriate height. And why we wanted to lessen that "face roll" at impact. Made more sense to roll the face when the path was too far left but we don't want to have a left face with an outward path, pull hook city. I don't think it's something you need to "think" about. Just make sure the grip is good and work your feels. Good article on ball flight stuff [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws]http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws[/URL]

Awesome thank you. I'll check the thread now. The majority of balls ended about 5-10 yards left of my target line. I think there is still a little face roll causing it to start a little right of target and draw to much

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• Administrator
Awesome thank you. I'll check the thread now. The majority of balls ended about 5-10 yards left of my target line. I think there is still a little face roll causing it to start a little right of target and draw to much

Please read the linked article about the ball flight laws.

Face roll doesn't cause a draw. If they were starting right, your face was roughly pointing there (right), and then your path being farther right than that caused the ball to draw.

It may be the single most important article you'll read about golf. And I'm not over-stating that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Please read the linked article about the ball flight laws. Face roll doesn't cause a draw. If they were starting right, your face was roughly pointing there (right), and then your path being farther right than that caused the ball to draw. It may be the single most important article you'll read about golf. And I'm not over-stating that.

Interesting article. I looked at the chart in it and the two ball flights I was getting were straight-draw and push-draw. So when I'm hitting the straight draw does that mean my club face is square to the target at impact and drawing off of that? That's what I got from the article anyway

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Interesting article. I looked at the chart in it and the two ball flights I was getting were  straight-draw and push-draw. So when I'm hitting the straight draw does that mean my club face is square to the target at impact and drawing off of that? That's what I got from the article anyway

Correct, straight draw means the face is at the target and the path is outward of that. Guys that hit push draws, have their club faces aimed right of the target at impact.

More face roll doesn't make it draw more, club hits ball and it's gone. Reasons we tend not to like a lot of face roll is because it can get the face aimed too far left and can negatively influence Key #3. Typically if the face is doing weird stuff, it's a pivot or grip issues

Mike McLoughlin

Correct, straight draw means the face is at the target and the path is outward of that. Guys that hit push draws, have their club faces aimed right of the target at impact.  More face roll doesn't make it draw more, club hits ball and it's gone. Reasons we tend not to like a lot of face roll is because it can get the face aimed too far left and can negatively influence Key #3. Typically if the face is doing weird stuff, it's a pivot or grip issues

Ok ya I was thinking maybe I'm strengthening my grip a little from yesterday so I'll play with that a little tomorrow before my 2-3 rounds tomorrow haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Very impressive, I think it will be great when you post a vid in a week or so to be able to see how much the picture has changed from before your lesson! The ball flight laws article was an eye opener for me a year ago when I read it as well!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Very impressive, I think it will be great when you post a vid in a week or so to be able to see how much the picture has changed from before your lesson! The ball flight laws article was an eye opener for me a year ago when I read it as well!

Thank you and ya I wanted to film today but when I hit record the camera died haha so ill post up a video probably Monday. That way I know if it truly is pivot or grip that is my issue lol

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• Administrator

Thank you and ya I wanted to film today but when I hit record the camera died haha so ill post up a video probably Monday. That way I know if it truly is pivot or grip that is my issue lol

It could also literally be as simple as: you need to start aiming the face a bit right of the final target at setup/address now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It could also literally be as simple as: you need to start aiming the face a bit right of the final target at setup/address now.

As simple as that is that never crossed my mind haha I'll try that out. Thank you

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Ok ya I was thinking maybe I'm strengthening my grip a little from yesterday so I'll play with that a little tomorrow before my 2-3 rounds tomorrow haha

If you erred on the side of stronger than yesterday, you're still good. Like we talked about, turn the left hand 30-35 degrees and put it on the club. You came up with the feel of it being more in the middle of your fingers, or something like that.

Mike McLoughlin

If you erred on the side of stronger than yesterday, you're still good. Like we talked about, turn the left hand 30-35 degrees and put it on the club. You came up with the feel of it being more in the middle of your fingers, or something like that.

Ya maybe ill put a little more focus on my grip so I can rule that out and see how my pivot is because I know you and dana mentioned that I was leaning back to compensate for my steepness

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Ya maybe ill put a little more focus on my grip so I can rule that out and see how my pivot is because I know you and dana mentioned that I was leaning back to compensate for my steepness

Quick word of advice, don't strive for perfection. don't get bogged down by the small details. Just do the drills to the best of your ability. If you are having MAJOR difficulties then just film yourself doing the drill and get guidance.Don't start micromanaging everything, focus on one thing at a time.

For example, I have to get my backswing fixed. Now there could be some other issues, like my weight not getting enough forward, hands not getting enough forward, not having my hips open up enough at impact. Before them all I have to get my backswing fixed. So I can't be looking at video seeing all the bad in the other areas because, I need to just be working on one area.

So, just don't get bogged down by over analyzing everything. They probably went through ALOT of stuff. But cut it up into manageable areas and work on one thing at a time. These changes are probably going to take you a while. So be patient and keep at it, but keep at it in a smart way.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quick word of advice, don't strive for perfection. don't get bogged down by the small details. Just do the drills to the best of your ability. If you are having MAJOR difficulties then just film yourself doing the drill and get guidance.Don't start micromanaging everything, focus on one thing at a time.  For example, I have to get my backswing fixed. Now there could be some other issues, like my weight not getting enough forward, hands not getting enough forward, not having my hips open up enough at impact. Before them all I have to get my backswing fixed. So I can't be looking at video seeing all the bad in the other areas because, I need to just be working on one area.  So, just don't get bogged down by over analyzing everything. They probably went through ALOT of stuff. But cut it up into manageable areas and work on one thing at a time. These changes are probably going to take you a while. So be patient and keep at it, but keep at it in a smart way.

Ok ya cuz I went from a fade to a draw so it makes sense it'll take time. I'm liking the ball flight I guess I'm just nervous for tomorrow. Playing a round with my new swing haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Ok ya cuz I went from a fade to a draw so it makes sense it'll take time. I'm liking the ball flight I guess I'm just nervous for tomorrow. Playing a round with my new swing haha

Well just know this, you will have growing pains. This is were expectations come into play.

Here is what I would do. Go to the range before the round. Hit a small bucket off balls. Find one feel that works for you. Maybe its a backswing thing. Now just use that one feel and see what the ball flight is for the day. Don't worry about fade or draw. If it is a slight pull fade, go ahead and play the round expecting that shape. Then when you practice, work on getting the swing more towards what you want. Basically don't force the issue when you play a round.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!