IGNORED

My Swing (KyleAnthony)

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well just know this, you will have growing pains. This is were expectations come into play.  Here is what I would do. Go to the range before the round. Hit a small bucket off balls. Find one feel that works for you. Maybe its a backswing thing. Now just use that one feel and see what the ball flight is for the day. Don't worry about fade or draw. If it is a slight pull fade, go ahead and play the round expecting that shape. Then when you practice, work on getting the swing more towards what you want. Basically don't force the issue when you play a round.

Ok ya that's a good idea. I get a free bucket before my play all day thing and with this new swing all I hit are draws haha so I guess just aim as far right I can that's safe lol. But I think after 3 rounds tomorrow I should be feeling pretty good

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Ok ya cuz I went from a fade to a draw so it makes sense it'll take time. I'm liking the ball flight I guess I'm just nervous for tomorrow. Playing a round with my new swing haha

Good luck, would recommend your practice swing be very similar to your slow drill swing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good luck, would recommend your practice swing be very similar to your slow drill swing.

Thank you. Ya what I was doing today before each full swing was take the club back to parallel to the ground and check the club face then go back to address and take the swing

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Ok so I had some great shots today. Started right and drew back perfect. But most started straight and curved left. Some more than others. Still a work in progress but hit no slices haha. I think I'm rolling/flipping my wrists which is closing the club face

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Ok so I had some great shots today. Started right and drew back perfect. But most started straight and curved left. Some more than others. Still a work in progress but hit no slices haha. I think I'm rolling/flipping my wrists which is closing the club face

Great to hear you didn't slice any. Like Erik said, you can start setting the face a little right of your intended target at address. And if it still starts straight, then yeah you're rolling that face too much.

Mike McLoughlin

Hey @mvmac could me not rotating enough effect path or club face?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• Administrator
Hey @mvmac could me not rotating enough effect path or club face?

Yes.

It can affect both.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

O[quote name="iacas" url="/t/71448/my-swing-kyleanthony/150#post_965888"] Yes. It can affect both. [/quote]k cool I was practicing in the mirror and I notice I'm moving my arms a lot and not rotating very much and I remember dana and mike saying. "Rotate more" lol. Thank you I'm going to work on that in the mirror today and head to the range tomorrow to take a quick video to post

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

O

k cool I was practicing in the mirror and I notice I'm moving my arms a lot and not rotating very much and I remember dana and mike saying. "Rotate more" lol. Thank you I'm going to work on that in the mirror today and head to the range tomorrow to take a quick video to post

Yeah review those videos if you have a couple minutes. Turning more on the backswing was an important piece. If you don't turn enough, the elbows pull apart and things get narrow.

Mike McLoughlin

went to the range. it was a pretty good day. here is a video of my new swing

here is a video of me hitting a fade

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

When trying to fade it I would rather you do this

http://thesandtrap.com/t/73424/using-5-simple-keys-to-draw-and-fade#post_966608

than try to swing left because you'll end up looking like this. I would still like you to swing "out" even when fading it. Ideally I would like you to own a ball flight, develop a pattern. 95% of the shots pros play are their stock shot. They don't curve much, but if a player is a drawer of the golf ball, 95% of their shots draw. It's the most reliable, dependable way to play - with a pattern.

Mike McLoughlin

When trying to fade it I would rather you do this

http://thesandtrap.com/t/73424/using-5-simple-keys-to-draw-and-fade#post_966608

than try to swing left because you'll end up looking like this. I would still like you to swing "out" even when fading it. Ideally I would like you to own a ball flight, develop a pattern. 95% of the shots pros play are their stock shot. They don't curve much, but if a player is a drawer of the golf ball, 95% of their shots draw. It's the most reliable, dependable way to play - with a pattern.

wow i would have never thought to fade the ball that way. haha i will try that wednesday at the range and post a video to see how i do. how does the draw shot look? since my lesson everything i have been hitting is a draw so i will take that as my new stock shot haha. and ya most that feel really good only curve maybe 5 yards out

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

how does the draw shot look? since my lesson everything i have been hitting is a draw so i will take that as my new stock shot haha.

Definitely better, keep up the good work. Just keep working that drill and doing your pieces.

Mike McLoughlin

yes sir. thank you so much

p.s. @mvmac in that thread @iacas is saying to hit a fade you aim left and hit a push fade right? just so i understand 100%

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

yes sir. thank you so much

p.s. @mvmac in that thread @iacas is saying to hit a fade you aim left and hit a push fade right? just so i understand 100%

Question........you've been fighting a slice and are now, just recently working to learn and ingrain a draw.  Why in the world would you even think about trying to intentionally hit a fade and risk screwing up your recent hard work?!

:-\

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Kyle, I've enjoyed the thread. Very cool that you're moving forward so aggressively and starting to see such drastic changes in your shot patterns. For whatever it's worth, here are my thoughts:

I had my first evolvr lesson about a month ago, and it was likely similar to your lesson with Mike. We probably both got a few fundamental things to work on, with specific drills to help ingrain those fundamentals. One month later, I am still working on just a few very simple things, and as I record myself, I'm not even happy that I'm ingraining those simple things yet.

Then I see this latest update, and it seems that you've have moved on from the fundamentals of your lesson to shaping shots left and right. Did the lesson recommend that was your next step? Have you mastered what was provided to you in the first lesson already? If so, I'd be interested, because then I'd realize it's possible for me to pick up my pace of learning because my ability to transform my swing. I've been working hard with deliberate practice, and taking my time, expecting each month to work on basically one or two pieces... maybe I'm not ambitious enough.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Question........you've been fighting a slice and are now, just recently working to learn and ingrain a draw.  Why in the world would you even think about trying to intentionally hit a fade and risk screwing up your recent hard work?! :-\

I get kinda nervous not being able to hit a fade since it's what im so used to. I only hit a few balls with a fade just to see if I could but since mike mentioned hitting fades a different way I'll probably just hold off for a bit [quote name="RandallT" url="/t/71448/my-swing-kyleanthony/150#post_966945"]Kyle, I've enjoyed the thread. Very cool that you're moving forward so aggressively and starting to see such drastic changes in your shot patterns. For whatever it's worth, here are my thoughts: I had my first evolvr lesson about a month ago, and it was likely similar to your lesson with Mike. We probably both got a few fundamental things to work on, with specific drills to help ingrain those fundamentals. One month later, I am still working on just a few very simple things, and as I record myself, I'm not even happy that I'm ingraining those simple things yet.  Then I see this latest update, and it seems that you've have moved on from the fundamentals of your lesson to shaping shots left and right. Did the lesson recommend that was your next step? Have you mastered what was provided to you in the first lesson already? If so, I'd be interested, because then I'd realize it's possible for me to pick up my pace of learning because my ability to transform my swing. I've been working hard with deliberate practice, and taking my time, expecting each month to work on basically one or two pieces... maybe I'm not ambitious enough.  [/quote] no I haven't mastered anything at all haha I often get ahead of myself and take on too much which kinda sucks at times. I'll probably hold off on hitting any fades for awhile. Today during my round I'm going to focus in ball flight so that I can start working toward a consistent and predictable shot

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• Administrator
Question........you've been fighting a slice and are now, just recently working to learn and ingrain a draw.  Why in the world would you even think about trying to intentionally hit a fade and risk screwing up your recent hard work?!

Seriously. Re-read Mike's post, which included this picture:

He's being nice to you, but the subtext is that you shouldn't practice that way, nor worry about fading the ball.

That is not how you practice. And maybe you weren't practicing that way, but decided to film a few full swings at the end. I'd rate that as unlikely, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Where's the video of you practicing your drills? Changing the picture?

If you cannot achieve "success" (changing the picture, hitting out, making the ball push and draw back) 75% of the time, you are practicing improperly.

If you need to make swings that send the ball 60 yards to achieve 75% success, DO THAT. When you get to 85% success, you can move to 75 yard shots. When that hits 85%, you move to 90-yard shots or whatever.

I am trying to stop you now. You might fully understand your lesson. But it's going to take months to ingrain the lesson. Months of diligent work.

You won't completely backtrack making a few swings when you play a round of golf, but you damn well will if you spend the bulk of your practice time doing this.

This is not your "new" swing. It's your old swing, almost exactly, with a few little differences. They're important differences, but it's still very early in the process.

Then I see this latest update, and it seems that you've have moved on from the fundamentals of your lesson to shaping shots left and right. Did the lesson recommend that was your next step? Have you mastered what was provided to you in the first lesson already? If so, I'd be interested, because then I'd realize it's possible for me to pick up my pace of learning because my ability to transform my swing. I've been working hard with deliberate practice, and taking my time, expecting each month to work on basically one or two pieces... maybe I'm not ambitious enough.

Answer that question if you could, Kyle. It's only going to help you in the end.

Today during my round I'm going to focus in ball flight so that I can start working toward a consistent and predictable shot

No, today, just play golf. Whatever shot shape you've got, play that all day.

But you can't waste your time on the range. It's valuable, and each swing might only get you 0.0001% closer to fully ingraining it, but the last thing you want is to spend too many swings which take you any percentage in the opposite direction.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!