IGNORED

My Swing (KyleAnthony)

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I stopped playing golf around a year ago. been back into it for around 3 months. used to play a 5 yard fade and now its like a 20 yard slice or a 10 yard pull. also I'm hitting it thin 1 our to 8 shots.

I've been Playing Golf for: 13 years on and off

My current handicap index or average score is: 90

My typical ball flight is: Fade, Pull, or Slice

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Thin shots, Slice, and Pulls

Videos:

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Your a 12.7? Your swing looks much better than that, but I'm no instructor I only hit the ball. :doh:

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Your a 12.7? Your swing looks much better than that, but I'm no instructor I only hit the ball.

LOL ya i used to be a lot better. i would have shot an 82 last week but i got an 8 and two 7's on some holes which messed me up. all penalty strokes from the water lol i just can't keep my swing consistent

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• Administrator

Check out this thread: . It's an older one but a good one - your hands and thus the clubhead never gain much depth, so they can't be delivered down from the inside at all.

Also check out Key #4 videos here: http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

thank you so much for the info. i will try it all tomorrow at the range. i gotta get my swing under control

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Check out this thread:  ​ . It's an older one but a good one - your hands and thus the clubhead never gain much depth, so they can't be delivered down from the inside at all.

Also check out Key #4 videos here: http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php .

so i read the article and it sounds like you are saying my swing is to vertical and therefore i would have to make a major adjustment to swing inside to out. am i understanding correctly?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

so i read the article and it sounds like you are saying my swing is to vertical and therefore i would have to make a major adjustment to swing inside to out. am i understanding correctly?

Depends what you mean by "major" but yeah you have to gain more depth with your left arm.  It's works too vertically and lifts, causing that shoulder to pop.  I would practice with a tee or glove under your left arm, upper part of the left arm, basically in the arm pit.  Obviously don't let the tee come out ;-) I would start with 3/4 swings at slower speeds.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Yes, particularly since you said this:

My typical ball flight is: Fade, Pull, or Slice

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

ok awesome. thank you guys. i'll practice this today. maybe once i get it down a little i will post a new video to see how it looks

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

do you guys have any thoughts on this video? Will i lose power with a "Deeper" swing?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

do you guys have any thoughts on this video? Will i lose power with a "Deeper" swing?

No if anything, from where you are right now, you'll gain distance.  If Rickie made a backswing that looked like Bubba's, he wouldn't hit it as far as Bubba.

From you should really be looking at in the video is their hand depth on the downswing ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

No if anything, from where you are right now, you'll gain distance.  If Rickie made a backswing that looked like Bubba's, he wouldn't hit it as far as Bubba.

ok so you guys are saying at the top of my back swing it should be closer to Ricky's? thats the impression i got with the article i read

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

ok so you guys are saying at the top of my back swing it should be closer to Ricky's? thats the impression i got with the article i read

Most importantly more depth on the downswing, something both of those players do.  From my experience it's easier to get there if your arms don't lift off your body.

Mike McLoughlin

oh ok. i might have fixed that then. i tried the swing through the target line while backing off a little yesterday and hit them pretty straight. i'll take a new video today and post it tonight. maybe its the same maybe not lol. but you guys can let me know if its a change in the right direction

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

• 4 weeks later...

heres an update from my practice session today

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Dude...I find it hard to believe your a 14hc with a swing like that, although looks like you could flex your legs a touch more. Anyways..nice swing.

BTW, where is that at..?

Dude...I find it hard to believe your a 14hc with a swing like that, although looks like you could flex your legs a touch more. Anyways..nice swing. BTW, where is that at..?

Lol ... I almost asked him the exact same question earlier today!!

Note: This thread is 3636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!