IGNORED

"Swing the Clubhead" by Ernest Jones

iacas
Note: This thread is 2180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Discuss "Swing the Clubhead" by Ernest Jones here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was thinking this was "our" Ernie...or maybe it is???

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

I was thinking this was "our" Ernie...or maybe it is???

No.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I have been reading Ernest Jone's book (Swing the Clubhead). The book makes a lot of sense and has been helping me feel the head more thru the swing. But sometimes my hips get out of sync with my upper body. I don't know if it's in my backswing,  or whether it's something I am doing on the downswing. I am kind of thinking maybe I am swaying sometimes when I come down into the swing instead of turning. I don't know. But the more I relax my hands and let the club head do the work it works pretty good. Now that's if I erase any thoughts such as start with the hip first, fire the right side, ect... If I make those thoughts a priority over just trying to stay relaxed and swing the head, all the parts seem to work by themselves. Does this make sense? Are you guys making a conscience swing thought of doing a hip bump and turn? Maybe someone has a youtube link that I maybe be able to go to in which explains this.

thanks,

martinbr

• 1 year later...

Great great stuff his other book is also great.

imo most modern people rail against this sort of approach and don't really get it.

EJ was all over external focus being good for athletics long ago.

To me it's quite quite telling that the PGA rejected his EXTREMELY successful teaching because "it would not sell enough lessons"

SCREW YOU PGA

7 hours ago, Jack Watson said:

To me it's quite quite telling that the PGA rejected his EXTREMELY successful teaching because "it would not sell enough lessons"

SCREW YOU PGA

I'm sure they value that feedback...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

For my money, one of the better books on the golf swing. I have had this book for a long, long time, and still refer back to it from time to time. 

It's an easy read for the novice, but any level of golfer can get something out of it.

I don't think the book is about an easier way to swing the golf club, but just explained in an easier, understandable  way. 

Something that I have found with a lot of the newer golf instruction books, is that the authors have taken older ideas, and re-written them in their own way. I have seen a lot of EJ's ideas used this way by others. 

Again, as with any instructional book, the reader needs to be able to understand what they are reading. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 1 year later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 3:31 PM, martinbr said:

Hello everyone, I have been reading Ernest Jone's book (Swing the Clubhead). The book makes a lot of sense and has been helping me feel the head more thru the swing. But sometimes my hips get out of sync with my upper body. I don't know if it's in my backswing,  or whether it's something I am doing on the downswing. I am kind of thinking maybe I am swaying sometimes when I come down into the swing instead of turning. I don't know. But the more I relax my hands and let the club head do the work it works pretty good. Now that's if I erase any thoughts such as start with the hip first, fire the right side, ect... If I make those thoughts a priority over just trying to stay relaxed and swing the head, all the parts seem to work by themselves. Does this make sense? Are you guys making a conscience swing thought of doing a hip bump and turn? Maybe someone has a youtube link that I maybe be able to go to in which explains this.

thanks,

martinbr

watch manuel de la torre's videos on you yube; he teaches the earnest jones way. you can also get his book & dvd from amazon. you will be pleased.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 2180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!