IGNORED

The Key to a great game

Kelzzy
Note: This thread is 3733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow!  I've never seen so many miserable people in all my life.  He's a 14 year old kid, give him a break!  He has a love for the game of golf and is excited about it!  Let the kid be!  If you don't have anything nice to say about his posts or don't at least have some constructive criticism, why say anything at all?  If you find his posts annoying, don't read them!  I can't believe some of the things I've seen said to Kelzzy and I'm not just talking about this thread either.  Lighten up!

You need to check out some of his other posts in other threads.  He has crossed the line many times including PMs to other members.  Don't just use this thread as an example.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You need to check out some of his other posts in other threads.  He has crossed the line many times including PMs to other members.  Don't just use this thread as an example.

So hold a grudge against a 14 year old kid and treat him like crap in other treads too!?!? Who's the kid in this situation? I haven't seen where he has crossed a line, but I haven't been looking that hard either. All I'm saying is don't stoop to a 14 year old level, especially in threads he starts where he's done nothing wrong and is only sharing his take and passion for the game. This is the last I will say on this because we are way OT in this thread.

Driver:        :tmade:- R11s                             GPS:        :skycaddie:- SGXW

3W:            :titleist:-910F 15*                             BAG:        :titleist:- 14 Way carry bag

Hybrid:       :titleist:910H 19*                                           :titleist:- 14 Way Cart bag

Irons 4-PW::titleist:- AP2 712

Wedges:    :vokey:- 52, 56, 60

Putter:       :cameron:- Studio Select 1.5

Ball:          :titleist:- Pro V1x

So hold a grudge against a 14 year old kid and treat him like crap in other treads too!?!? Who's the kid in this situation? I haven't seen where he has crossed a line, but I haven't been looking that hard either. All I'm saying is don't stoop to a 14 year old level, especially in threads he starts where he's done nothing wrong and is only sharing his take and passion for the game.

This is the last I will say on this because we are way OT in this thread.

Exactly, you should before you judge others.  Many have encouraged him to engage in a more friendly, mature, less troll like manner.  Hopefully he will learn.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Wow!  I've never seen so many miserable people in all my life.  He's a 14 year old kid, give him a break!  He has a love for the game of golf and is excited about it!  Let the kid be!  If you don't have anything nice to say about his posts or don't at least have some constructive criticism, why say anything at all?  If you find his posts annoying, don't read them!  I can't believe some of the things I've seen said to Kelzzy and I'm not just talking about this thread either.  Lighten up!

It's not doing a kid any good to "give him a break". There's way too much of that going on nowadays as it is.

He's had plenty of "constructive criticism" and hints but it didn't register.

• Upvote 1

It's not doing a kid any good to "give him a break". There's way too much of that going on nowadays as it is.

He's had plenty of "constructive criticism" and hints but it didn't register.

I agree completely with this statement.  I do not see any benefit in encouraging poor behavior.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Ok, so you may not like doughnuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles but here is some constructive criticism for Kelzzy!

Originally Posted by Kelzzy

We all want to go out to course, coffee in one hand, clubs in the other, and shoot a score that will impress our buddies.

This statement is 100% incorrect. I couldn't care less what my buddies or anyone else thinks of my score, my swing, or my game. The only one I have to impress or please in golf is myself. I'm there to focus on my game only, not what others are thinking about me and your statement says a lot about why you struggle under the gun! Mostly for you it is pure immaturity due to your age so as you grow up hopefully you will mature enough to get over your fixation of worrying about what others think of your golf game.

Your statement is why so many high handicappers shank the ball off the first tee in their club championship. They, and you are too self conscious of what others think!

Your statements on "Hard Work"(although nice to hear someone these days under the age of 40 actually talk about hard work, so kudos to you for that) are completely misguided! I see a lot of guy's that put "Hard Work" into their games and never get better. They practice and practice their same old loop de loop slap swing, bucket after bucket and tell their buddies "this is how Hogan did it" as they slap slice a driver down range a good 190 yards. And they do it over and over year after year searching for that one little secret that will magically transform them into a scratch golfer. All the hard work in the world is meaningless if it is not done correctly under proper guidance.

So here's the very best advice and wake up call I could give you. If you want to get better find an instructor and have him guide you on what you need to "work hard" on.

Believe me I get it that you have broken 80 and are feeling good about yourself, and you should. I first broke 80 when I was 13 and by the time I was your age I was shooting mid 70's on my home course and could break 80 on any other course I played. So your quite a bit behind where I was and I never went around trying to give people advice on how they should play the game, get where I'm going with this? The reason was because I was 14 and I still had so much more to learn about playing this game, especially under pressure in tournaments. Nothing wrong with you expressing your opinion but you go overboard and make generalizations on things that are not true.

You and other juniors are so lucky these days with all the instruction available and the internet to come ask questions and learn about the game. You should try to ask some questions on things that you are struggling with in your game and then actually shut up and listen. Basically your not utilizing some of the great tools like these forums to improve and that's why you can't break 80 every time out like you should be doing with all the "hard work" you say your putting into the game.

I hope you take all this as a positive because I honestly didn't say anything to you that I wouldn't say to my own son if he was saying the things you say!

Good Luck and get some proper instruction!

• Upvote 2

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

. . .

So here's the very best advice and wake up call I could give you. If you want to get better find an instructor and have him guide you on what you need to "work hard" on.

Believe me I get it that you have broken 80 and are feeling good about yourself, and you should. I first broke 80 when I was 13 and by the time I was your age I was shooting mid 70's on my home course and could break 80 on any other course I played. So your quite a bit behind where I was and I never went around trying to give people advice on how they should play the game, get where I'm going with this? The reason was because I was 14 and I still had so much more to learn about playing this game, especially under pressure in tournaments. Nothing wrong with you expressing your opinion but you go overboard and make generalizations on things that are not true.

You and other juniors are so lucky these days with all the instruction available and the internet to come ask questions and learn about the game. You should try to ask some questions on things that you are struggling with in your game and then actually shut up and listen. Basically your not utilizing some of the great tools like these forums to improve and that's why you can't break 80 every time out like you should be doing with all the "hard work" you say your putting into the game.

I hope you take all this as a positive because I honestly didn't say anything to you that I wouldn't say to my own son if he was saying the things you say!

Good Luck and get some proper instruction!

My son's old classmate is able to do that this year (he's 14, though), he's currently a 2 to 3 handicap.

Quite humble, but it's hard for me to tell if it's because of his native personality or if it's for survival in the sport that does this to you. There's always someone better than you, and it seems like the hundreds who are trailing you are probably only a couple strokes over four rounds behind you.

Come to think of it, three other kids I know in this handicap range also act quite humbly. It seems the better they get the more humble they become.

It's a tough sport in which to compete.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I thought the first few paragraphs in Kelzys post were okay but he didn't close the deal.  It ran on.

Golf is great.  Great golf takes work.  Great scores come easier to some people then others.  End of story.

Kelzzy is also the first golfer I've ever come across who thinks golf isn't hard.

Golf is hard. Its when you get used to shooting low scores that you think its easy. When you're beginning its the most difficult thing just to hit the ball. When you get better hitting the ball isn't a chore anymore. Hes an 8 handicap so obviously it's easier for him than it would be for you (15 handicap) to play good golf. For me golf is easier now than 4 years ago when I began. And I haven't played more than 15 rounds in my life. It's still hard, just not as hard as it was when I was a 35handicap.

• Administrator
Golf is hard. Its when you get used to shooting low scores that you think its easy.

I haven't heard any good players say the game is easy. If anything, the better the player, the more likely they are to talk about how difficult the game can be.

Hes an 8 handicap so obviously it's easier for him than it would be for you (15 handicap) to play good golf.

FWIW, he isn't really an 8.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I haven't heard any good players say the game is easy. If anything, the better the player, the more likely they are to talk about how difficult the game can be.

FWIW, he isn't really an 8.

Well it's certainly easier for me to hit a golf ball since when I began. This is kindof what I mean. Once you learn a skill it becomes easier.

• Administrator
So what is his handicap?

Even he doesn't know. He "guessed" that he was an 8, but he's broken 80 once.

Please read this thread: .

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Please read this thread: ​ .

Why are you being such a dick man? You put me in the penalty box for disagreeing with your opinion and said I was trolling. While I'm in the penalty box you and your homies go around the forums trashing my name, saying I did this and did that, when you know it's not true.

If you really want to get down to it buddy, I had my handicap at N/A because I DIDN'T KNOW IT. But you PM'ed constantly saying to put a number up. When I told you I didn't know it, you said what do you shoot? I proceeded to say in the low 8's, which got you to say "just put 8 or 9".

So, I put 8.. but now you're going around saying I "guessed"? Real cool tough guy. Real cool.

Are you going to perma ban me for saying this? Probably, or at least delete it... like you do everything that goes against your precious little thinking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Please read this thread: ​ .

Why are you being such a dick man? You put me in the penalty box for disagreeing with your opinion and said I was trolling. While I'm in the penalty box you and your homies go around the forums trashing my name, saying I did this and did that, when you know it's not true.

If you really want to get down to it buddy, I had my handicap at N/A because I DIDN'T KNOW IT. But you PM'ed constantly saying to put a number up. When I told you I didn't know it, you said what do you shoot? I proceeded to say in the low 8's, which got you to say "just put 8 or 9".

So, I put 8.. but now you're going around saying I "guessed"? Real cool tough guy. Real cool.

Are you going to perma ban me for saying this? Probably, or at least delete it... like you do everything that goes against your precious little thinking.

Dude, when you get back out of the penalty box, don't antagonize the owner/operator of this site.

He works pretty hard to make sure everyone has a nice experience and can exchange ideas and tips.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
Why are you being such a dick man? You put me in the penalty box for disagreeing with your opinion and said I was trolling.

Well, your time outside of the Penalty Box was short. As discussed in the many PMs you sent, you weren't put in the Penalty Box for disagreeing with my opinion. Heck, it wasn't even me discussing whether what Tiger Woods wrote in a book a decade ago was accurate or not. Darn facts… :-(

You were in the Penalty Box for trolling and spamming; for acting far more immature than even your age.

While I'm in the penalty box you and your homies go around the forums trashing my name, saying I did this and did that, when you know it's not true.

Yep, me and my homies… :-P We haven't said anything that's not true.

You're wrong. I said "between 8 and 12" depending on the courses you play (their ratings). You also don't shoot in the low 80s. Which is fine - but don't lie about it.

You did guess, or estimate (poorly). I don't know why stating a fact upsets you this much.

Here's where you're lacking in logic… you say you've repeatedly disagreed with me, yet I "delete" anything that goes against my "precious little thinking." The two things can't exist together. If I deleted everything, how could I respond with disagreement so often?

You're in the Penalty Box again because you've once again proven that you cannot even act your age. You were asked to apologize the last time and did not. The next time, you'll be permanently banned. Realistically, you would have been banned on virtually every other site already, particularly for the multiple accounts and the spamming, if not for the PMs and other posts that you've made.

Why are you being such a dick man? You put me in the penalty box for disagreeing with your opinion and said I was trolling.

How many times have we heard this same old song?  People disagree with us on a daily basis and they aren't put in the penalty box.  You know why you've put in the penalty box, don't act all innocent.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!